Ruby Princess and Rum Runners...

klfhngr

This has been a fun thread to read. OP, I know you're just going to get her the OBC, understood. However, I was able to get my RRs on the Ruby a couple years back, no problems. I think it's fun to pack them and see if we can get them through. I never pack anything that I'm not willing to lose.

I have a pretty good little disguise setup that I enjoy using. Gets me into the cruising spirit a day or two ahead of time.

I'm not a heavy drinker so the drink package would not pan out financially for me. I still end up buying a few at the pool or wherever else I might be. It's just nice to have the option to make a drink in the room that doesn't cost $10. Most likely, without them, I wouldn't end up buying more from the ship, I'd just drink less overall.

I have normally carried some back home because I didn't even finish what I took.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Edited by vestamark

This has been a fun thread to read. OP, I know you're just going to get her the OBC, understood. However, I was able to get my RRs on the Ruby a couple years back, no problems. I think it's fun to pack them and see if we can get them through. I never pack anything that I'm not willing to lose.

I have a pretty good little disguise setup that I enjoy using. Gets me into the cruising spirit a day or two ahead of time.

I'm not a heavy drinker so the drink package would not pan out financially for me. I still end up buying a few at the pool or wherever else I might be. It's just nice to have the option to make a drink in the room that doesn't cost $10. Most likely, without them, I wouldn't end up buying more from the ship, I'd just drink less overall.

I have normally carried some back home because I didn't even finish what I took.

I enjoyed the thread also. Lol. I doing my old rum runners and think I'll be taking two, lol. I wanted to thank everyone for the encouragement, lol ;) grandma will enjoy her OBC... In the past, I also end up with lots of leftover jaxk or 7n7.. I've left behind or given to cabin steward. Years ago, one was so happy, he couldn't stop thanking me! Anyhow.. Thanks all!

I think this whole thing depends on the port used. Los Angeles had used private security to do embarkation screening NOT PRINCESS EMPLOYEES.

Same in Seattle. For what it's worth, Princess employees have nothing to do with processing embarking/debarking passengers at any port, at least not in the US/Canada. Only place that occurred was in Seattle and Vancouver, BC and that ended 4 years ago.

Tom

Maybe a pannini but I know you can't boil a cup or water with that thing.

The strange thing is that one can bring hair straightners and curling irons which seem to be quite a fire hazard,

while other, perhaps less dangerous things are excluded.

I think that every possible thing that makes heat has been used to cook by broke college students.

The strange thing is that one can bring hair straightners and curling irons which seem to be quite a fire hazard,

while other, perhaps less dangerous things are excluded.

I think that every possible thing that makes heat has been used to cook by broke college students.

Out of curiosity I tried to boil water with a hair curler but it's so low wattage it would take an hour to even get a cup warm.

Unlike the immersion heaters you can remove it from the water & not have it immediately burn out.

I enjoyed the thread also. Lol. I doing my old rum runners and think I'll be taking two, lol. I wanted to thank everyone for the encouragement, lol ;) grandma will enjoy her OBC... In the past, I also end up with lots of leftover jaxk or 7n7.. I've left behind or given to cabin steward. Years ago, one was so happy, he couldn't stop thanking me! Anyhow.. Thanks all!
So you gave the steward the container and all? Ha, I bet (s)he did enjoy that. I never thought about that. It was most likely well earned, especially when they probably realize what you're doing, keep it to themselves, and bring you daily ice.

So you thought of the drink package, but to save the cost of 2 drinks a day (since you can certainly BUY her drinks on board) you want to go the smuggling route?
There's more and more threads like this one, where the topic is how to break the rules and get away with it, or how to "fly below the radar", I guess you would call it. I've seen threads recently on :

1. How to avoid paying gratuities and why they are unnecessary.

2. How to purchase street drugs in port and how to smuggle them on.

3. How to smoke tobacco and weed on the balcony and not get caught.

4. How to smuggle items, including alcohol past Customs when entering te country.

5. How to avoid filling out the health questionnaire and how to avoid staying in the cabin while sick.

6. How to avoid using the Purell dispenser in the dining venues and why not to wash hands as advised.

7. How to avoid attending Muster Drill.

8.If you cannot locate a trash can, then throw trash on the floor and "those people" ( crew members) will learn their lesson.

I don't get this........is it because people here dislike the cruise lines and take a cynical viewpoint? Or......the craving for alcohol is so great that one cannot walk to the bar or order the small bottles from room service?

Am I missing something here? or is this just the way CC has always been?:o

Yes, I do realize that I don't have to read it.....but I was just wondering.

There's more and more threads like this one, where the topic is how to break the rules and get away with it, or how to "fly below the radar", I guess you would call it. I've seen threads recently on :

1. How to avoid paying gratuities and why they are unnecessary.

2. How to purchase street drugs in port and how to smuggle them on.

3. How to smoke tobacco and weed on the balcony and not get caught.

4. How to smuggle items, including alcohol past Customs when entering te country.

5. How to avoid filling out the health questionnaire and how to avoid staying in the cabin while sick.

6. How to avoid using the Purell dispenser in the dining venues and why not to wash hands as advised.

7. How to avoid attending Muster Drill.

8.If you cannot locate a trash can, then throw trash on the floor and "those people" ( crew members) will learn their lesson.

I don't get this........is it because people here dislike the cruise lines and take a cynical viewpoint? Or......the craving for alcohol is so great that one cannot walk to the bar or order the small bottles from room service?

Am I missing something here? or is this just the way CC has always been?:o

Yes, I do realize that I don't have to read it.....but I was just wondering.

Just 3 months on cruise critic and you are the moral authority?

Just 3 months on cruise critic and you are the moral authority?

....and do you remember posting this?

As an Elite with twice as many cruises as you,I resent you breaking the rules so those of us that have earned this benefit would be turned away.I am forwarding your posts directly to Princess!

As an Elite with twice as many cruises as you,I resent you breaking the rules so those of us that have earned this benefit would be turned away.I am forwarding your posts directly to Princess!

And what relevance might that have when I am commenting about a CC newby preaching to the choir about the rules that 99% of us adhere to?I have never encouraged nor advised anybody to break any rules!

And what relevance might that have when I am commenting about a CC newby preaching to the choir about the rules that 99% of us adhere to?I have never encouraged nor advised anybody to break any rules!

floridalover's comments on this should be interesting - according to him Princess has no rules - just suggestions

Please forward mine too as I will be bringing booze on board on my next cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums