On Harmony Now....Three Words......

Sascol

We will be on the Harmony a week from tomorrow. Any advice? What to do what not to do?

LOTS OF KIDS!

We travel in the fall. Mainly for two reasons:

1- The most important- it's our anniversary

2- To avoid cruising with lots of kids/families

While I am sure it is not even close to cruising in the summer months, there are SO many more kids on this ship than we are used to. Many of them American kids. Should they not be in school? The majority are well behaved but a few are making the occasional scene. Why so many kids on an October cruise? Like nothing we have ever seen.

We are on the same sailing currently we were told about 1200 kids total. How has service been for you? We've been very disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Same sailing. So many children, we were told about 1200 also. While most of them have been fine, we have witnissed many children unsupervised and being told off by Royal Staff on many occasions.

One couple caught a bunch of kids running down the corridor knocking on all the doors late one evening.

For me it’s more the lack of supervision of the children by the parents.

We have had really mixed service, some excellent and others terrible.

LOTS OF KIDS!

We travel in the fall. Mainly for two reasons:

1- The most important- it's our anniversary

2- To avoid cruising with lots of kids/families

While I am sure it is not even close to cruising in the summer months, there are SO many more kids on this ship than we are used to. Many of them American kids. Should they not be in school? The majority are well behaved but a few are making the occasional scene. Why so many kids on an October cruise? Like nothing we have ever seen.

People are traveling more off peak. Kids are just making up the work they miss in school. I'm traveling in Jan with my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What about the service has disappointed you?
Dinning service was horrible, bar tenders seemed to be annoyed after I waited 10+ minutes at the bars for a drink (pretty much every drink experience). I felt like I was bothering anyone for anything. Granted we found a few gem employees which we would always go see. But in speaking with the staff many of them said they wont be renewing their contract and asked that we write about our experience. Ive been loyal to Royal for over 30 cruises but I'm not sure we will be going back anytime soon.

Dinning service was horrible, bar tenders seemed to be annoyed after I waited 10+ minutes at the bars for a drink (pretty much every drink experience). I felt like I was bothering anyone for anything. Granted we found a few gem employees which we would always go see. But in speaking with the staff many of them said they wont be renewing their contract and asked that we write about our experience. Ive been loyal to Royal for over 30 cruises but I'm not sure we will be going back anytime soon.

You waited 10+ minutes for drinks? You sure you were just on Harmony? I was downing 15+ drinks a day all over the ship and I don't think I waited more than 1 person ahead of me at any point. Were you at busy venues in the evening?

You had exactly the opposite experience I had. They were smiling, cordial, fast, polite, and total rockstars at the bars. Mind you, I do tip the bartenders and they recognize me and smile and chat me up - pour me doubles/heavy pours, etc.

Not a fan of the heavy pour. I don't think a cape coffee should look like a cosmo

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I am a fan of the heavy pour when I ask for it... Otherwise they were pouring properly.

I still don't understand how this other person was waiting 10+ minutes for drinks. The bars were essentially empty the entire cruise and super accessible. The cocktail servers were all over the place and outstanding, too. Very well staffed, often 3 bartenders with only a few guests at the bars.

I am a fan of the heavy pour when I ask for it... Otherwise they were pouring properly.

I still don't understand how this other person was waiting 10+ minutes for drinks. The bars were essentially empty the entire cruise and super accessible. The cocktail servers were all over the place and outstanding, too. Very well staffed, often 3 bartenders with only a few guests at the bars.

Must have been all the kids in line. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You waited 10+ minutes for drinks? You sure you were just on Harmony? I was downing 15+ drinks a day all over the ship and I don't think I waited more than 1 person ahead of me at any point. Were you at busy venues in the evening?

You had exactly the opposite experience I had. They were smiling, cordial, fast, polite, and total rockstars at the bars. Mind you, I do tip the bartenders and they recognize me and smile and chat me up - pour me doubles/heavy pours, etc.

Not for 15 drinks, but I would agree. The ONLY place we waited more than 2 minutes for a drink was at the Cafe Promenade. We had No interaction at all with anything less than friendly employees.

We are on for a second week beginning today. I'll report on the number of kids this time once I get a feel for it.

Edited by Sascol

We will be on the Harmony a week from tomorrow. Any advice? What to do what not to do?

Do's:

Fine line water show. I am not a fan of production shows but it was awesome.

Flow rider was fun and not too crowded when we did it.

If you can time it right around kids, try the specialty restaurants. All were good.

Sit in Central Park after dinner and listen to the guitarist. Very relaxing.

DON'Ts

Do not sit in the Prominade area before the open the cabins at 1pm. It's madness. Chill in the solarium and relax.

Windjammer is sooooo crowded. Avoid during peak hours if at all possible. No different than any other ship though.

Don't sit in the front row of the comedy show unless you like being picked on!

Not for 15 drinks, but I would agree. The ONLY place we waited more than 2 minutes for a drink was at the Cafe Promenade. No interaction at all with anything less than friendly folks.

We are on for a second week beginning today. I'll report on the number of kids this time once I get a feel for it.

If possible would post your turn around day experience. We are on harmony in December for our first b2b. Thank you. :)

If possible would post your turn around day experience. We are on harmony in December for our first b2b. Thank you. :)

Flawless. We had a total of 72 b2b cruisers. Met in the schooner bar at 9:30. Left the ship at about 10:15. Went through customs, got new cards and were back on within 30 minutes. Had a special lunch in the dining room at noon that was quite tasty. All of our new things (drink package, dining reservations, etc.) were ready and waiting.

We had the same cabin so that made things easy as well.

Thank you. One quick question did they allow you to keep your old sea pass card? We collect all of our sea pass cards. Thank you.

Sort of...

They took them all but promised to send them back to us by day three. My wife was concerned about this too!

Don't sit in the front row of the comedy show unless you like being picked on!

That poor Israeli guy...

Another do... If you like to get up early, try the cantilever tubs outside of the solarium before 8am. Empty, super relaxing way to start the day. Then grab breakfast in the solarium.

Also, water slides have no wait early, 9am I think.

Do... Return towels from hogged chairs. They'll love the $25 charges...

As crowded as Windjammer gets, we never had a problem getting a table any time of day, even the scary peak lunch. I was surprised actually. And with the layout of the "islands" you never have to wait in lines to get food. It's pretty ingenious. I did prefer solarium for buffet though. Pretty much similar stuff and more relaxed.

We had both aqua shows canceled halfway through due to audio issues. What a shame that was. Curious if they will get that resolved for this cruise.

I've been told I was never a kid....old soul.

I obviously wasn't one either because in "those days" we HAD to go to school.

In the land of OZ, the parents couldn't give two hoots about whether their kids are missing out on school so long as it saves them enough money to spend in the bars whilst their kids are pressing elevator buttons;p

Thanks everyone for you input, our family will be sailing on the Harmony next week, does anyone have any input about the Diamond Lounge?

It's full of Diamond cruisers.... so expect excessive amounts of humble bragging about how many cruises they have been on and plenty of passive aggressive discussion about who knows best about every port and ship.