Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Good Afternoon All, from a cold but sunny Hampshire. We have trees down on each of the three access roads into the village and so we are an island today.

I have thought long and hard about this but I have decided that the farmer and the cowhand should be friends, but under no circumstances should anybody be taken out of the slurry simply because they have a fringe on top. I hope you will all agree or at least accept that I have understood and arbitrated this difficult problem fairly.

Today was mucho wine with lamb kofta with mediterranean veg and crispy potatoes.

af0a9f30ee00e25386396d12be9a77bc.jpg

a03213ba236312ab4d910c1f961e4f93.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Off for dinner. It’s 39.5C out so not looking forward to it.

Wow Jilly. That's toasty! Hope the temps have calmed down a bit in March when we get there...

At that temperature I'd go for a cold salad and a few bottles of ice-cold Sauvignon Blanc. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Good morning friends:).......very strange being home on a weekday:eek:............I slept pretty well and am a bit sore today

but no bad pain or anything.

The Dr's office called and made a follow up appt for 2 weeks from today. The hospital gave me a bunch of gauze and tape and I already took a shower and was able to change the gauze. He said I could shower but no baths.......I only shower anyway so that is good.

The incision he made is not very big and since I am here on my own, the nurse told me to put the tape around the gauze first and then put over spot.........it works:D.........so doing ok today. And If I feel up to it (HOPING) I will be able to go

back to work sooner rather than the time frame they said. Hoping for Monday, 1/29. Dr will write me a note he is allowing

it as long as I feel up to it.....so hopefully next week will be quick healing!:)

Good Afternoon All, from a cold but sunny Hampshire. We have trees down on each of the three access roads into the village and so we are an island today.

I have thought long and hard about this but I have decided that the farmer and the cowhand should be friends, but under no circumstances should anybody be taken out of the slurry simply because they have a fringe on top. I hope you will all agree or at least accept that I have understood and arbitrated this difficult problem fairly.

Today was mucho wine with lamb kofta with mediterranean veg and crispy potatoes.

af0a9f30ee00e25386396d12be9a77bc.jpg

a03213ba236312ab4d910c1f961e4f93.jpg

( I think I messed up the previous post....too early! sorry!

What I wanted to say was that I don't know which photo I like more.....mmmmm! All looks pretty good to me!

Pancakes (yea!) and sausage for us tonight!

43 F here in South Florida. Iguanas dropping from trees again. Brrrrrrr.

WOW!! For South Florida, Spins, that is cold and jarring weather!! Glad that Lois is recovering and back home. Nice food visuals and other details being shared here at the Cooler. Below is our Central Ohio weather from AccuWeather. Cold, lots of snow on the ground, but, fortunately, nice sunny skies here. BUT, by this weekend, it will be near or a little over high's in the 40's. Sunday, when we depart for Chicago and Hong Kong, it will be a high of 44F with "cloudy with mist; fog". Chicago's weather Sunday will be decent as we change planes there at O'Hare to get on that nice Cathay Pacific Boeing 777 for our 15-hour and 50-minute flight.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

From AccuWeather, here is our current and upcoming weather here in Central Ohio. That sunshine helps!! Almost like being in Florida?:

Screen%20Shot%202018-01-18%20at%208.21.14%20AM_zpseqapdb5g.png

And now I’ve got “The Farmer and the Cowman Should Be Friends” stuck in my brain. Thank you VERY much, Jeff.

I hate to alarm you but it was live from the Royal Albert Hall many weeks ago and has been lodged solidly since then. I like to share. :D

On Tuesday, I took the bullet train from Zhengzhou to Xi'an (2 hrs.) where it's been fluctuating between -5 and 0 degrees C. Been lucky - it snowed before I came, and it's warming up to rain after I leave. Saw the Terracotta Warriors at Emperor Qinshihuang's Mausoleum site, Shaanxi History Museum, Big Wild Goose Pagoda etc. However, one afternoon, two full days and one morning is not enough to see everything. Back to Zhengzhou this afternoon after checking out of the hotel.

Or there is that old favorite "the snow is as high as a moose's left eye".....anyone want to sing along?!! (giggle!)

In switching media, John and I watched "Dunkirk" this afternoon (while toasting Lois, of course!). We both thought it was very good; I thought the sound was particulary well done. Was I blown away....no. A wonderful achievement, but it's not a movie I'd take on a desert island with me....Did enjoy Mark Rylance, whom I think is a treasure, and Tom Hardy.

We had pancakes and sausage for supper tonight. Boy, did I have to work hard finding a wine to go with flap jacks! haha!

Have a good night, everyone.

Linda

My choice would be a sweeter Riesling. Auslese or late harvest. Perfect with pork sausage and might hold up to pancakes with maple syrup. Depending on your sweet tooth you could even have a dessert wine but those are too sweet for me.

What did you choose?

My choice would be a sweeter Riesling. Auslese or late harvest. Perfect with pork sausage and might hold up to pancakes with maple syrup. Depending on your sweet tooth you could even have a dessert wine but those are too sweet for me.

What did you choose?

WOW! You've got some great ideas! We chose the rare and special vintage of Santa Marina pinot grigio....just happened to be a big bottle in the speed rack of the bar fridge....hahaha! Nothing special at all....just an afternoon tipple! I told John that we really need to do pancakes for supper at least once a month. Tasted so good for a change!

Hope everyone has a lovely dinner, no matter what you're having!