ms Nieuw Amsterdam & Oosterdam in Port Everglades & Rotterdam in Tampa Nov. 4, 2017

Scrapnana

I watched a show earlier today about Oasis OTS with this board's current thread about HAL entertainment cutbacks and really being lacking now in mind. It was just sensory overload. 21 pools. Umpty bazillion restaurants. More areas than you could possibly explore on a seven day cruise. I just can't imagine being on a ship anywhere close to that size with 4000 other passengers. Do wish HAL had a mini golf course though!

Goodness! I'm not opposed to a bit bigger and really enjoyed the Koningsdam. I liked the variety and choice of restaurants, but there is a limit. 21 pools? Can you imagine the resources it takes to run that thing?

Gee, and I recently posted a message about my first cruise on an enormodam and how Eurodam was too big for me ;););). <back to lurking>

I'd actually like to try one of the "Enormodams" (Eurodam, NA, Koningsdam) just for more choices of things to do, and I'd really like to eat in Tamarind. I've only sailed on S class thus far.

I'd actually like to try one of the "Enormodams" (Eurodam, NA, Koningsdam) just for more choices of things to do, and I'd really like to eat in Tamarind. I've only sailed on S class thus far.

No, the enormodams are only the Signature Sisters (NA and Eurodam). Koningsdam is a HUMUNGOUDAM!!! Tamarind was DEFINITELY a high point of that cruise for me.

Gee, and I recently posted a message about my first cruise on an enormodam and how Eurodam was too big for me ;););). <back to lurking>

That's ok. We all don't have to like the exact same thing. That's what makes this world interesting and why we have choices. My next cruise is on the Rotterdam. I like that size as well.

I am just the opposite. I have only been on the Vista and Signature HAL ships and their Cunard equivalent. I am looking forward to seeing how I like the much smaller Amsterdam.

Edited by Scrapnana

I am just the opposite. I have been only been on the Vista and Signature HAL ships and their Cunard equivalent. I am looking forward to seeing how I like the much smaller Amsterdam.

I really envy you doing the WC. Think you'll love Amsterdam. Hope you'll post a blog?

Anyway, looks like no activity around Oosterdam so doubt she'll be going soon. I'm outta here. Thank you Kathi, Lou, and Dave.

Did Rotterdam have to have an inspection after drydock?

I belive so. If my memory is working right, there was a post that people were requested to board later (depending on cabin) due to Coast Guard inspection and some other one and all crew were required for that.

I feel for the crew when that happens as they have to make sure everything is up to snuff and still get everything ready for embarkation.

I am just the opposite. I have been only been on the Vista and Signature HAL ships and their Cunard equivalent. I am looking forward to seeing how I like the much smaller Amsterdam.

My first cruise was on a Vista, and that cruise hooked me. Then, I went to Maasdam and twice on Veendam. It wasn't hard to make the transition to those ships. When we next went on Westerdam, I immediately noticed the difference in size. The thing I felt at the time was that Westerdam was just bigger and really didn't offer more than the smaller ships did. This was before the addition of any cabanas. Now, the Signature ships and Koningsdam do offer something different. There are more dining choices and a bit difference in the layout of lounges and bars.

Bottom line is that I have enjoyed all my cruises, despite the different sizes of the ships. I think the differences help make each cruise special.

I've been on all the different classes. My favorite size has been Vista, but this coming year I'm doing NA, Rotterdam, Zaandam, and Maasdam. Being on two new [to me] R class, I'll see if I want to switch my favorites.

Just said Oostie has technical issues - could leave at any time.

I've been on all the different classes. My favorite size has been Vista, but this coming year I'm doing NA, Rotterdam, Zaandam, and Maasdam. Being on two new [to me] R class, I'll see if I want to switch my favorites.

Just said Oostie has technical issues - could leave at any time.

Rotterdam will be my first introduction to the R class. Haven't cruised Signature class yet, either. Someday......