Silver Cloud Maiden Voyage Canceled Due to Mechanical Problems

Erica@cruisecritic

The worst thing SS could do is to remain quiet about the condition of the Cloud.
Nothing listed on the SVP of Expedition Planning or Aaron Saunders (the Avid Cruiser) Facebook pages either. Aaron was on the cancelled inaugural out of Buenos Aires and posted his review online, but no follow-up on the repairs was issued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine traffic now shows it underway but only about 30 miles out of Ushuaia. Falklands listed as destination.
The Falklands? Have they cancelled yet another voyage to Antarctica? I thought they were supposed to head directly for the Drake Passage out of Ushuaia. By leaving a full day late and now steaming for Stanley, I don’t know how they can reach the Antarctic Peninsula and return to Ushuaia by Dec 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, this looks like like my new favorite ship. Already have 2 cruises booked (Antarctica in Feb 2019 and Dublin to London May 2019), but getting ready to book the Iceland circumnavigation for August 2019. Wes and Jpalbany, George says it is a go.

We were booked on the Nov. 15 sailing out of Buenos Aires but I caught the flu on our last cruise in October and wound up in the hospital with pneumonia. We cancelled our voyage - it appears that we were lucky.

I don't understand why the company would sail into the Drake passage (with a newly refurbished ship) when there were reported to be at least two hurricane force storms in the area. Can you imagine what could have happened to the ship and passengers if the ship lost power while traversing the Drake passage in a severe storm. I think that all of you who were on-board may have dodged a bullet!

Per Rachel’s TA, the Cloud will only do Antarctica and south Ga islands in early 2020 ( no Falklands) we will hold out for this voyage as we go to the Falklands next month on Regent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are planning on the South Georgia cruise in 2020 as well!
Per your and Wes's notes above, when does your TA expect this unique voyage to be available for booking? Has he/she seen any pricing?

With the Cloud's expedition per diems running roughly twice the classic feet, we've been hoping that pricing may move lower in 2020 after the excitement of the refurbishment wears off over the next couple of years.

We have had NO contact from Silversea since they canceled the maiden voyage almost two weeks ago. No answer to an e mail I sent either. Very poor followup although they handled the initial cancellation logistics very well.