RCCL Crown and Anchor

LMAO @ the comparison of a luxury line, and a mass market line. :')

True but even though Royal is a mass market line they do try to provide a decent suite product.

Regardless though their efforts to keep their loyal guests should be on par with each other but it isn't close. Crystal tries so hard to please it's their return guests.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

I am really confused by the OP. I am a Diamond member and basically feel whatever RCCL gives us as perks are very generous. My favorite perks are the complementary drinks and use to the Diamond Lounge. OP, what were you looking for? What were the problems? And by the way, where have you disappeared to from this board???

I am really confused by the OP. I am a Diamond member and basically feel whatever RCCL gives us as perks are very generous. My favorite perks are the complementary drinks and use to the Diamond Lounge. OP, what were you looking for? What were the problems? And by the way, where have you disappeared to from this board???

He's trolling. Says just enough to cause a stir and then disappears. I wouldn't worry about it very much.

True but even though Royal is a mass market line they do try to provide a decent suite product.

Regardless though their efforts to keep their loyal guests should be on par with each other but it isn't close. Crystal tries so hard to please it's their return guests.

I actually believe the RCL loyalty package is really good especially for Diamond and above. One could argue it is one of the best. However ...

It was interesting when I cruised on Celebrity in a suite. With my Diamond level converted to elite I got to sample best of both worlds on Celebrity (suite + loyalty). Materially the loyalty perks didn't amount to much but in terms of overall experience, the Elite status did make us feel special and appreciated. I felt at times that the Elite members were treated as well as the suite guests if not better. The reverse is true IME on RCL.

This is all subjective. Some would prefer to go round with a check list of benefits and compare. Others may seek VIP attention. Some like me might just appreciate that extra attention and belonging to an exclusive club which might unlock hidden benefits or experiences.

One final observation. I also sail quite a bit with P&O. Not that high up on the loyalty ladder with them but I get across the board discount on all purchases. The higher up the ladder, the greater the discount. To my knowledge, no Diamond lounge or special events or pins to show off your status. Such a simple benefit but one which I quite enjoy.

In a nutshell, every cruise line rewards its frequent customers differently.

I wouldn't let that effect your cruise decision. We no longer attend the receptions but do enjoy other perks.

The only benefit of attending the receptions is the free drinks, which as Diamond you don't need. I haven't wasted time going to one of these since we first turned diamond 7 or 8 years ago.

JC

I actually believe the RCL loyalty package is really good especially for Diamond and above. One could argue it is one of the best. However ...

It was interesting when I cruised on Celebrity in a suite. With my Diamond level converted to elite I got to sample best of both worlds on Celebrity (suite + loyalty). Materially the loyalty perks didn't amount to much but in terms of overall experience, the Elite status did make us feel special and appreciated. I felt at times that the Elite members were treated as well as the suite guests if not better. The reverse is true IME on RCL.

This is all subjective. Some would prefer to go round with a check list of benefits and compare. Others may seek VIP attention. Some like me might just appreciate that extra attention and belonging to an exclusive club which might unlock hidden benefits or experiences.

One final observation. I also sail quite a bit with P&O. Not that high up on the loyalty ladder with them but I get across the board discount on all purchases. The higher up the ladder, the greater the discount. To my knowledge, no Diamond lounge or special events or pins to show off your status. Such a simple benefit but one which I quite enjoy.

In a nutshell, every cruise line rewards its frequent customers differently.

I can agree with that. The perks are better than any other line. But as I said they seem to not care about retaining their loyal customers after that.

It's more like, here are your perks, enjoy and don't bother us. Versus just better treatment like I mentioned with Crystal.

We were on the Jewel TA as well. We only went into the Safari/Diamond cocktail hour once, but that's because we had a drink package and had no need of the "free" drinks. One of our favorite evening activities was sitting in the Schooner after dinner and watching what we fondly call "The Diamond Parade." :D You know... all the passengers with two glasses of wine moving from the lounge to the dining room? It's wonderfully entertaining! To us everyone looked quite happy leaving the lounge.

Anyway, we didn't find a thing lacking, and were very impressed with the way all guests were treated on this ship. My thinking on this thread is that the OP has DYKWIA Syndrome. It happens.

I can tell you that I would never leave a less than glowing comment on Cruise Critic as many of the respondents are so mean. It is truly shocking to me. I just signed up and have spent some time reviewing but wow...kindness is clearly a lost art...generally speaking that is.

I can tell you that I would never leave a less than glowing comment on Cruise Critic as many of the respondents are so mean. It is truly shocking to me. I just signed up and have spent some time reviewing but wow...kindness is clearly a lost art...generally speaking that is.

Welcome to the posting side. There are some very kind and helpful people here.

That is one of the reasons I quit posting on here. Now after 7 years of online gaming, I'm too hardened to care about how mean others can be. Just sprinkle kindness where you can, and you will make someone's day a little brighter. That doesn't mean you have to see the world through rose colored glasses though. When someone brings up a legitimate problem, it is good to be objective.

I find it interesting that people get so worked up over free drinks in an overcrowded room or a free $35 bag of smelly undies and stinky socks :D. It just makes you sound like a bunch of lushes and stingy stinkers. I will make Diamond during the TA I plan to take in 2020, but the only thing that really interests me is priority boarding. I like to be among the first on the ship since I want my vacation to start ASAP. Everything else is gravy.

I find it interesting that people get so worked up over free drinks in an overcrowded room or a free $35 bag of smelly undies and stinky socks :D. It just makes you sound like a bunch of lushes and stingy stinkers. I will make Diamond during the TA I plan to take in 2020, but the only thing that really interests me is priority boarding. I like to be among the first on the ship since I want my vacation to start ASAP. Everything else is gravy.

I'm not Diamond yet (one more long voyage) but RCL does offer some nice perks. That said, we compared the basic Diamond privileges to the loyalty benefits of another cruise line and saw that being the higher status on RCL really wasn't that lucrative. We are maybe one drink a day people and I never saw Diamond and above drunks on any cruise.

Loyal RCL folks do enjoy their perks!

I believe the perk is actually Priority Check In.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First of all, I appreciate the OP's post. It seems many of us are getting a bit cranky in our old age (I could be speaking for myself). ;p

I am a Diamond Member and will be Diamond Plus in the middle of my 1st leg of my B2B in January, and I can't wait. I love the discounts, and the special treatment by the staff and the little perks I have grown to enjoy. But to be honest, I always felt special with RCCL...even when I was a gold newbie.

I believe that the OP had a standard that she was used too, and yes, I can understand that if you are loyal, you do expect a specific level of service. Now sometimes, we can be a bit picky and I wish the OP would elaborate more, but we don't have to beat them up. Let us not act like we don't enjoy the little perks and at times special treatment of being a Diamond member. Not that we brag or act ungrateful...but it is nice to be loyal to an organization and have them treat us well because of it.

It's not a CC only thing -many web forums are the same.

We were on the Jewel TA as well. We only went into the Safari/Diamond cocktail hour once, but that's because we had a drink package and had no need of the "free" drinks. One of our favorite evening activities was sitting in the Schooner after dinner and watching what we fondly call "The Diamond Parade." :D You know... all the passengers with two glasses of wine moving from the lounge to the dining room? It's wonderfully entertaining! To us everyone looked quite happy leaving the lounge.

Anyway, we didn't find a thing lacking, and were very impressed with the way all guests were treated on this ship. My thinking on this thread is that the OP has DYKWIA Syndrome. It happens.

You haven't lived till you've seen the Pinnacle Parade from the SL to the CK on an Oasis ship. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app