RCCL Crown and Anchor

I find it interesting that people get so worked up over free drinks in an overcrowded room or a free $35 bag of smelly undies and stinky socks :D. It just makes you sound like a bunch of lushes and stingy stinkers. I will make Diamond during the TA I plan to take in 2020, but the only thing that really interests me is priority boarding. I like to be among the first on the ship since I want my vacation to start ASAP. Everything else is gravy.

Priority security lane is really special. I'll try and take a pic of the 1,000 people in line outside the Terminal for Oasis this Sunday.

Suites and Pinnacles walk right on through.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I find it interesting that people get so worked up over free drinks in an overcrowded room or a free $35 bag of smelly undies and stinky socks :D. It just makes you sound like a bunch of lushes and stingy stinkers. I will make Diamond during the TA I plan to take in 2020, but the only thing that really interests me is priority boarding. I like to be among the first on the ship since I want my vacation to start ASAP. Everything else is gravy.

Free laundry bag starts at d+. D gets $5 off the bag.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm not Diamond yet (one more long voyage) but RCL does offer some nice perks. That said, we compared the basic Diamond privileges to the loyalty benefits of another cruise line and saw that being the higher status on RCL really wasn't that lucrative. We are maybe one drink a day people and I never saw Diamond and above drunks on any cruise.

Loyal RCL folks do enjoy their perks!

What mass cruise line has better loyalty perks? Not being snarky but really wondering.

When you make d, hang out in d lounge and you might get the chance to see drunk people. I have seen it on a few occasions but not every cruise. I have seen more drunks in the suite lounge.

You haven't lived till you've seen the Pinnacle Parade from the SL to the CK on an Oasis ship. [emoji6]

Did you start the parade this week? [emoji6]

I didn't think it was that big of a parade a few weeks ago. Although I was not in the sl a lot and down in dazzles more during happy hour.

Have you met John and his wife Sandy? They made pinnacle this cruise on oasis. Great couple to talk with.

Priority security lane is really special. I'll try and take a pic of the 1,000 people in line outside the Terminal for Oasis this Sunday.

Best feature of Terminal 1!:)

Did you start the parade this week? [emoji6]

I didn't think it was that big of a parade a few weeks ago. Although I was not in the sl a lot and down in dazzles more during happy hour.

Have you met John and his wife Sandy? They made pinnacle this cruise on oasis. Great couple to talk with.

Is that StanMelb? We board Sunday, I think they're still on. We're slumming in CP balcony for two weeks

Never saw it so bad until our Halloween cruise. It was crazy.

Luckily we were b2b for the halloween cruise. Did not get to see the mad house at the entrance. The non halloween cruise check in looked pretty crazy.
Is that StanMelb? We board Sunday, I think they're still on. We're slumming in CP balcony for two weeks

Yes that is his cc moniker.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I will wave at you from my computer. I like to watch sailaway for Oasis every Sunday on PTZ.

Are Jr. Suites included or just higher suites? And is that after they have already opened the doors or prior?

I will wave at you from my computer. I like to watch sailaway for Oasis every Sunday on PTZ.

Are Jr. Suites included or just higher suites? And is that after they have already opened the doors or prior?

Jr. Suites included in the suite security line.

I think one of the biggest problems with people's expectations not being met on various cruises is a failure to realize that there are anywhere from 3,000 to over 6,000 passengers on a given cruise - each one with different expectations than the others. I think the cruise line does a pretty good job of meeting most expectations pretty well - but you're sometimes going to miss on some of them. I've learned that going with the flow goes a long way in having an enjoyable experience on all of my vacations. If I rely on someone else to determine whether or not I enjoy my vacation, I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

I just wish everyone would stop trying to convince someone who has decided to "never sail Royal Caribbean again" to stick with it. Fewer people, especially D or D+ in the lounge is a perk in itself. Let them go... more cabins and more free drinks for the rest of us.

Seriously, so many comments. If you are comparing Crystal to Royal Caribbean, you need to compare cost. Might as well book the Royal Loft Suite on Oasis. Free everything, a butler, etc. And it costs about what an average cabin on Crystal costs. Come on, let's not compare a Rolls Royce to a Chevy.

For the poster who only wants Diamond for "priority boarding." Well, bet we here from them. Usually the D line is longer than the "never cruised" line. Especially on a TA where there's 800 D's.

If you are "chasing" a C & A status, that's ridiculous. We cruised RCCL repeatedly because we liked it. Tried NCL and Carnival, not impressed (personal opinion). Suddenly we were D and finally D+. Great... not why we cruised, but Great. I admit, I look at other lines. Carnival is not my choice from experience, same with NCL. Liked Princess, but when I factor in the free drinks I get with RCCL, I must admit, it makes the decision. I figure we save about $300 per week for two of us as we do most of our drinking at happy hour. Not cheap, it's just that we don't really drink that much and a couple of drinks before dinner is all we do these days.

Did a Celebrity a few years ago. We were Elite from our D+ status. Didn't "feel special" at all (kidding). It was too "quiet" of a cruise. I thought the Elite happy hour was mediocre. They walked around with appetizers so you got one bite on occasion. Had to go to the bar for drinks as there weren't enough waiters, etc. I prefer the D or C lounges on RCCL much better. Personal opinion.

Anyway, to each his own. I do find it amusing that many of the same people who get irate if someone says they don't like the casual dress these days, remarking with "it's my cruise, why do you care?" Are the same people here who watch the "parade of diamonds" laughing and degrading people for taking a glass or two of wine to dinner. It's "their cruise, why do you care?"

I'm not Diamond yet (one more long voyage) but RCL does offer some nice perks. That said, we compared the basic Diamond privileges to the loyalty benefits of another cruise line and saw that being the higher status on RCL really wasn't that lucrative. We are maybe one drink a day people and I never saw Diamond and above drunks on any cruise.

Loyal RCL folks do enjoy their perks!

The perks with Royal are very good now , when we first became Diamond a good few years ago my hubby a non drinker got 20% discount on his coke at the nightly event & I got an almost undrinkable Chardonnay

On Jewel was disappointed when our card didn't work for the concierge lounge love the little outdoor area in that room , but really happy to discover on that cruise free coffee all day at cafe Latte-tudes so that with 3 free Lemon Drops every night one happy cruiser 😀😀

Anyway, to each his own. I do find it amusing that many of the same people who get irate if someone says they don't like the casual dress these days, remarking with "it's my cruise, why do you care?" Are the same people here who watch the "parade of diamonds" laughing and degrading people for taking a glass or two of wine to dinner. It's "their cruise, why do you care?"

No "laughing and degrading" going on here. We are also diamonds, one cruise away from D+, and we have been in the parade ourselves. We have taken a glass of wine or two or three with us to dinner. It is actually possible to smile at others like us and be amused without being insulting.

• 3 months later...
The perks with Royal are very good now , when we first became Diamond a good few years ago my hubby a non drinker got 20% discount on his coke at the nightly event & I got an almost undrinkable Chardonnay

On Jewel was disappointed when our card didn't work for the concierge lounge love the little outdoor area in that room , but really happy to discover on that cruise free coffee all day at cafe Latte-tudes so that with 3 free Lemon Drops every night one happy cruiser [emoji3][emoji3]

Anyone thinking of just booking with RCCL to keep their perks....Try MSC...they status match all cruise lines & even some hotel loyalty programmes.![emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone thinking of just booking with RCCL to keep their perks....Try MSC...they status match all cruise lines & even some hotel loyalty programmes.![emoji12]

Unlike MSC, RCCL does not require one to keep booking to keep the status.

Unlike MSC, RCCL does not require one to keep booking to keep the status.

This is true, but Royal has never given be booking discounts on inside or oceanview rooms, and they don't give free specialty dining for 2. So while the perks aren't a dead on match for match, it is a nice bundle of perks that you can get just by signing up and showing the competitor status.

Even if you have no immediate plans to go with MSC, worth signing up for the status.

This is true, but Royal has never given be booking discounts on inside or oceanview rooms, and they don't give free specialty dining for 2. So while the perks aren't a dead on match for match, it is a nice bundle of perks that you can get just by signing up and showing the competitor status.

Even if you have no immediate plans to go with MSC, worth signing up for the status.

Do they give around 50 free drinks plus 15 specialty coffees?

Pinnacle lunch is very nice.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Do they give around 50 free drinks plus 15 specialty coffees?

Pinnacle lunch is very nice.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm about 600 points shy of Pinnacle; MSC gives me specialty dinners now.

As far as 50 free drinks; they have hosted 3 different parties onboard with free drinks; so how much cheap booze can you squash down in that limited time, :') (no, they don't have a Diamond lounge equivalent, I guess is what you are getting at).

The perks are different, you may like some, may not use others, but they provide some good value. It enticed me to try and I'll be on my 3rd this year. We'll see how it goes.