Regal Sailing Dec 17th - Medallion Notification Yet?

raz455

i am on that sailing and heard a couple of weeks ago that we wouldn't be in the group, but there have been whispers from those on the current preview cruises that the system MAY be ready to be rolled out for our sailing, nothing firm/official yet.

i am on that sailing and heard a couple of weeks ago that we wouldn't be in the group, but there have been whispers from those on the current preview cruises that the system MAY be ready to be rolled out for our sailing, nothing firm/official yet.

They were having issues having the medallions do anything and one poster on here said they have heard that the medallions were able to be used to board on the last sailing and purchase things as well as get on and off the ship but that was not from someone on the last sailing.

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like the medallions are going to be fully up and running for every cabin for a while. They still have to install all of the panels outside the doors on the entire ship and IT has been so busy trying to get the medallions to even work.

I spoke to friends that were on first 2 sailings. Their exact words were "it was an unmitigated disaster" on their sailings. No one was able to use it to get into their staterooms and even the cards they were given weren't opening the door most times.

Hopefully Princess gets this together very soon. We do have the medallion for the 12/3 sailing and I'm hoping that we will be able to get in our cabins on a daily basis!

Anyone receive their Medallion OR notification they are in/out of the ***** group? My DW and I are on that sailing - mid-ship - and haven't heard a thing yet.

Call Princess and inquire. I never received my email saying that we were in a medallion cabin and only found out after calling. First I was told no but then they added a few cabins so that changed.

My friends we are cruising with are boarding tomorrow for a b2b and they never received an email one way or the other.

Definitely call! We are on the week before your cruise and did receive an email indicating that our cabin was not selected over a month ago. The next day we got a call saying we could get Medallion and we were moved to a cabin that did have it. I know that they just finalized the December cruises recently per my last chat with an ***** Concierge, so they should already know who gets ***** and who doesn't, at least for December. They also are keeping a list of those who want it and are willing to change cabins to get it.

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like the medallions are going to be fully up and running for every cabin for a while. They still have to install all of the panels outside the doors on the entire ship and IT has been so busy trying to get the medallions to even work.

I really hope the ***** gets fully rolled out on the Regal soon. I booked a sailing in early 2018 specifically for the *****, after researching many alternatives.

The April 2017 article on Cruise Critic said that the Regal went into dry dock in april 2017 to be outfitted for the ***** release this November.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7777

How is it that panels still need to be installed??

Thank you for your responses. I have not received an email saying we were in/out. I did call Princess twice - and got a different answer each time. As for asking for something since we did book this as an ***** cruise about a year ago . . I did call my TA the day after final payment and she was able to switch us over to a Club Class Mini (from a regular mini) with no loss of on board credits from previous promo . . So, not to shabby! I will attempt calling Princess again to see if I can get the same answer at least twice in a row. With things changing on a daily basis, until I get a concrete answer via a phone call or email from Princess or my TA saying we are not getting the precious . . I will continue to hold out hope.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

UPDATE - just got off the phone with Princess. According to the rep’s information , we are not in one of the Medallion cabins. :(. He recommended I send an email to customer service (which I have now done). He said they might - m i g h t - “compensate” me for the change to the soft rollout. I totally understand the change from the hard to soft rollout . . .but am just a little miffed by the 1. Sudden change after final payment and 2. Lack of communication from Princess.

Regardless of the possibility of getting something as compensation, we are going to have a great time . . . In just 20 day!

Call back - ask to speak to customer service

Request a no-cost move to an ***** ready room

Request to be put on a waiting list for an ***** room

ask for a significant upgrade to a better cabin, OBC etc

Great ideas! I will give them a couple of days to get back to me via email and then make another call. :)

Call back - ask to speak to customer service

Request a no-cost move to an ***** ready room

Request to be put on a waiting list for an ***** room

ask for a significant upgrade to a better cabin, OBC etc

I wonder if that could work in reverse ... if one's cabin is ***** designated, and one prefers not to be an unpaid guinea pig (volunteer) in this debacle, could/should that pax negotiate a free upgrade to a non-***** cabin and significant OBC ... all so someone who wants it can have the transformational ***** experience???

Interesting to read that folks think that something of this involvement can roll out without a glitch or two. They couldn't take the entire ship out of service and ring out the system to make sure everything works. The soft rollout was to pick different areas with a good sample size and make sure that the connections were good before turning on the balance. Having entry to the cabin with the medallion was not a priority at first since there was always a method using the cruise card. Imagine if they disabled card system for entry and there was a problem with the medallion? Regardless, the process was to get the internal communications sorted out and then move on to the entry. It is looking like they are making good progress and I would think that anyone booking voyage after the first of the year will be enjoying the new experience.

Interesting to read that folks think that something of this involvement can roll out without a glitch or two. They couldn't take the entire ship out of service and ring out the system to make sure everything works. The soft rollout was to pick different areas with a good sample size and make sure that the connections were good before turning on the balance. Having entry to the cabin with the medallion was not a priority at first since there was always a method using the cruise card. Imagine if they disabled card system for entry and there was a problem with the medallion? Regardless, the process was to get the internal communications sorted out and then move on to the entry. It is looking like they are making good progress and I would think that anyone booking voyage after the first of the year will be enjoying the new experience.

I for one didn't think that there wouldn't be glitches, there always are going to be. There is a big difference between glitches and none of the system working! There were issues getting into the cabins for many because both the medallions and the cards they were given were not working. Now the bands that hold the medallions are being recalled because they don't stay on one's wrists. Certainly this one aspect would have been tested and tested again on dry land.

I'd be very happy not to be included in this experiment at all.

I hope for those folks who are already on ships or who booked expecting these medallions to work that the issues get fixed quickly .

I would just like to have a card to open my cabin door and to pay for things.

I am not interested in using it for anything else.

has anyone reported if they could order drinks via their device - i.e. smartphone and have them delivered to their location. That almost seemed to be the highlight of their marketing campaign -

here and now, there and then. Along with able to do real gambling from your room, bar, pool, etc

We are on the 12/10 Regal sailing and are not in one of the ***** rooms- we were credited $100 each OBC due to not having this. So for us it was a total of $300. I think this was more than generous. Id rather wait till it functional and working properly than take the chance and hassle of not being able to enter my own room without having to go wait in line at guest services for a new card etc.

divaofdisney- Did you need to call to get the OBC or was it automatically added to your on board credits in your personalizer?

Yes I had to call to ask for it. It was added immediately and right to our cruise personalizer as customer goodwill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by divaofdisney

somebody that got that, like you did, needs to start a new thread advising people that they MUST contact princess once they have booked a cabin on an ***** cruise and been notified that their cabin was not chosen to be included for the ***** experience during the rollout period. MUST CONTACT and explain disappointment...

somebody that got that, like you did, needs to start a new thread advising people that they MUST contact princess once they have booked a cabin on an ***** cruise and been notified that their cabin was not chosen to be included for the ***** experience during the rollout period. MUST CONTACT and explain disappointment...

So sorry I thought this was public knowledge. Every sailing has proved to be different so I would just encourage everyone to simply call Princess and ask them to get the credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So, after being disconnected twice, I finally spoke with a Customer Relations person and was instantly credited with $100 each as a goodwill gesture.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Happy sailing!