Just got my shareholder credit!

Clampram

I mailed in my statements exactly two weeks ago for 2 cruises coming up in January and the shareholder credit was posted this morning! What a good deal this is!

The stock has increased quite a bit in value over the last 1.5 years since I purchased it.

Besides my new shares purchased with the profits, I have also enjoyed several hundred dollars worth of OBC in the last 1.5 years.

It's a nice early Christmas present!

I mailed in my statements exactly two weeks ago for 2 cruises coming up in January and the shareholder credit was posted this morning! What a good deal this is!

The stock has increased quite a bit in value over the last 1.5 years since I purchased it.

Besides my new shares purchased with the profits, I have also enjoyed several hundred dollars worth of OBC in the last 1.5 years.

It's a nice early Christmas present!

How does this work? I m thinking of getting the shares too. What kind of OBC you get for being shareholder? How many shares you need to have ? Thanks for your help

http://www.*************.com/forms/pclshareholderbenefit.pdf>

Above is a link to a Princess fact sheet regarding the shareholder benefit. Basically you purchase at least 100 shares of Carnival stock and this benefit applies to cruises with Carnival Cunard, Princess and several other cruise lines.

Depending upon the length of the cruise, you receive anywhere from $50 - $150 OBC during the cruise.

We just had our financial person move some of our IRA money into Carnival stocks so it was pretty easy. You do have to make sure about the person booking the cruise being the owner of the shares. Ours is listed in both names with my name first and I am always the one booking the cruise.

Once you own the shares, you need to send in the required document and a copy of your financial statement proving ownership prior to the cruise.

You can fax or mail in the form. I did mine just by snail mail as I had plenty of time before my cruises.

How does this work? I m thinking of getting the shares too. What kind of OBC you get for being shareholder? How many shares you need to have ? Thanks for your help

I purchased my 100 shares of CCL the beginning of Nov in my IRA account. I called and they were having an issue with the fax machine and told me to send it in the mail. I still kept on trying the fax. Finally Faxed my transaction confirmation 4 days later and it took. Was posted to my Princess account that day. I called to make sure they had it and they did post it after my phone call. $250 for an upcoming 15 day cruise. I purchased it and it dipped enough to make a profit now and also made it to the ex-dividend on Nov 24th. Dividends pay out on Dec 15th. Then I received an email saying the mail-in was not accepted and that they would not accept a transaction confirmation but it has already been put in my account and is still there today. It does state that they will take a brokerage statement with name and address on it and the 100 shares owned. I won't have a statement till the end of the month but wanted it posted so I can make the decision to sell it or not. My husbands name is on the IRA account and he nor I booked the cruise or paid for it. It has to be that the owner of the shares is in the stateroom that the credit goes to. The $250 is all in his name, not mine in the princess personalizer under payments and credits. It is only one credit per stateroom. So far a win-win.

Cruises 6 days or less is $50, 7-13 days is $100 and 14 day or longer is $250.

Click on this link to the form that contains all of the information:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=388078&d=1466095327

Cruise length OBC amount per cabin**

6 days or less $50/£30

7–13 days $100/£60

14 days or longer $250/£150

OK, sent ours last week....doing 5 back to back cruises on the same ship. Just checked. Only the first 5 day cruise has the shareholder of $50 for the both of us. Sent all at the same time....what is the deal?
I also had a problem getting the credit for back-to-back cruises. I just reapplied for the cruise that was overlooked and the credit was soon applied to that one as well as the first cruise.

I bought our 100 shares back in early 2008 when the stock was really cheap due to the stock market crash. I have received more OBC than I paid for the stock with the added benefit of stock appreciation and the quarterly dividends. I usually just mail my information to Princess for the OBC on my upcoming cruises. It is nice that Carnival Corp owns 10 cruise lines and they all offer the OBC. I have used it on the now annual CCL cruise.

As kms5555 says, the credit has nothing to do with who booked or paid for a cruise. It is for each cabin a shareholder in sailing in. A B2B will get the credit for each segment, not for the total number combined. While some folks have reported that having co-owners in two cabins gets the credit for both, other folks just buy 100 shares for each person. Still only one credit per cabin even if unrelated people in a cabin both have 100 shares.

Make sure you buy from a broker that allows dividends to be paid as fractional shares. Scottrade/TD Ameritrade get the dividends as cash and then reinvest only to buy full shares, so 100 shares will not get you more stock. Made this mistake when I had to move out of company investment program and picked a low cost broker. The company program bought nearly a share every quarter and in six years I had 130 shares.

I had forgotten to send in my request for our recent four day cruise that departed last Saturday, the 25th until the 18th. Didn't see the stock OBC in Personalizer as of Thursday night the 23rd although our $25 loyalty OBC did show up for the first time in Personalizer. Sent another fax on Thursday night but when I checked my account on board on the 25th there was still only the $25 loyalty OBC. When we got our final statement on Tuesday the 28th I saw that the $50 stock OBC had been applied earlier that day. Thanks Princess for following up!