Back To Abyss-ness! Live from Harmony - December 2, 2017

Rick,

Thanks for the review! I will be following along on here as well as on Periscope, my username is @mc99_kevin and I can’t wait to see what your trip has in store for you. It’s been nearly 8 months since I sailed Harmony, and another 3 and a half until Freedom, so I’m really going to enjoy this! I agree with you about Captain Johnny- I have sailed with him on both Harmony and Allure and he is the best! I had Abe Hughes as Cruise Director and Katy McCullagh as Activities Manager, so I cannot comment on Bobby, but I loved the crew when I sailed on Harmony in April. Have a great cruise, and I’ll be following along! Safe travels to port tomorrow.

Btw- love the signature! I have the entire “Wash Your Hands” song memorized from muster drills and constant showings of it on the cabin TV. Enjoy!

Rick,

Thanks for the review! I will be following along on here as well as on Periscope, my username is @mc99_kevin and I can’t wait to see what your trip has in store for you. It’s been nearly 8 months since I sailed Harmony, and another 3 and a half until Freedom, so I’m really going to enjoy this! I agree with you about Captain Johnny- I have sailed with him on both Harmony and Allure and he is the best! I had Abe Hughes as Cruise Director and Katy McCullagh as Activities Manager, so I cannot comment on Bobby, but I loved the crew when I sailed on Harmony in April. Have a great cruise, and I’ll be following along! Safe travels to port tomorrow.

Btw- love the signature! I have the entire “Wash Your Hands” song memorized from muster drills and constant showings of it on the cabin TV. Enjoy!

I had the Abe & Katy combo on the July 1st sailing. Abe really impressed me, Katy not so much, but she was quite new to the job (9 months since her promotion).

Rick - I think you are wise in doing Harmony a 2nd time. I remember after my 1st sailing there, I felt that I needed to do it again, one week simply just wasn't enough for the ship. I bet you will feel lonely this time without the 4 Headed Monster. :D

Edited by Joe12

I would be lion if I said I wasn't giddy about this thread. ;p

How am I going to concentrate on my academic writing this weekend? :eek:

Just focus and you will get your work done. We can leave the horsing around Rick.:')

Well Rick, we can see that you generate a lot of interest with your reviews. Your First post about it was this morning just over 12 hours ago, you haven't even boarded yet and we're already on page 4...

worthy.gifsmileys-winner-993407.gif

dp

A crossed out picture of Bobby Brown clearly stimulates discussion. ;p

I had the Abe & Katy combo on the July 1st sailing. Abe really impressed me, Katy not so much, but she was quite new to the job (9 months since her promotion).

Rick - I think you are wise in doing Harmony a 2nd time. I remember after my 1st sailing there, I felt that I needed to do it again, one week simply just wasn't enough for the ship. I bet you will feel lonely this time without the 4 Headed Monster. [emoji3]

We were on the April 8th sailing. We all agreed that Abe was one of the best CD’s we have ever had. I know some people think he’s “fake,” but I for one (and my family) loved his energy, and I woke up every morning to his Late Night-Early Morning Show, and got a picture with him on the last day of the cruise when I went to watch the live taping. I didn’t see much of Katy, although she was the one hosting the Sexiest Man Competition on day 2, and I believe the 90s party as well, in addition to providing behind-the-scenes support in events such as the game shows, if I recall correctly. Although I did not see much of her, I thought she did a great job at the events she hosted, especially for being a newbie! I would have been more impressed had I seen her more, but from what I saw, I think she’ll be a great AM once she gets the hang of it. She told me personally on Instagram over the summer that she was scheduled to return to Harmony at the end of September, but there ended up being a change of plans and she is currently on Explorer. Abe is currently on Freedom, which is my next ship- how lucky if I get him 2 years in a row! If my research is correct, I think my CD on Freedom will be either him or Michele Scarpato, who I also liked when I had him as AM on Allure in 2015. Although, despite having never sailed with either, I follow and enjoy the tweets from Bobby Brown and Jerry Kubli’s joint Twitter account from when they were on Harmony together! I hope you had a great cruise, and I know both of us are super excited to read the rest of Rick’s review!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure of? Just got back from a run along the beach. I definitely miss living here.

That picture is too perfect.

On a side note I wasn't able to nab a trash can from Suzie Q... maybe next time.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you live in the Fort Lauderdale or Tampa areas you should definitely know Timpano Chophouse.

3f1722a123d48a6fdbd52450583b3a7c.jpg

I ate here after work once a week for seven years. So tonight I paid my homage, pulled up a seat at the bar and ordered my usual.

Skillet Roasted Mussels...I dare you to find better.

7cd932524f929f78b3b5608bfc7cf1c3.jpg

Roasted Salmon...

4a8e1562a5bc67114c1e73c8bbf59d7b.jpg

Moving on to a find a more lively scene, but memory lane is always fun.

That picture is too perfect.

On a side note I wasn't able to nab a trash can from Suzie Q... maybe next time.

Joe

Haha. Well I bet a cabin on the Harmony you don’t find it on the internet.

You missed out my friend. Trash cans destroyed me in the best way possible.

Haha. Well I bet a cabin on the Harmony you don’t find it on the internet.

You missed out my friend. Trash cans destroyed me in the best way possible.

I don't doubt it. No plans for oasis class until Symphony next year this time. Enjoy your trip and I will be following along.

Following along, looking forward to your posts, Iwas on the Harmony last month and had a great family vacation, CD Bobby was a no show, Captain Johnny was out and about, and do not miss the show - Columbus.