Back To Abyss-ness! Live from Harmony - December 2, 2017

We are at Chef’s Table. Menu is very much the same, but the setup in the Solarium Bistro is pitiful. Also, the service is not what I have experienced on every other ship, including the Enchantment. I don’t complain that much, but never again on Harmony.

Good to know. We will cross that one off of our list for our upcoming sailing.

Good to know. We will cross that one off of our list for our upcoming sailing.

I had already decided to pass on Chef’s Table on my upcoming Harmony cruise (can I call it “upcoming” if it’s a year away?), so, although I’m sorry it’s not a good experience, am happy to hear that I won’t be missing much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following along. CLR live reviews are so entertaining. Sounds like you have a good crowd. Hope we're as lucky next November. Sucks about Chef's Table but I'm glad to know I can cross that one of the list. Thanks for reviewing!

We are at Chef’s Table. Menu is very much the same, but the setup in the Solarium Bistro is pitiful. Also, the service is not what I have experienced on every other ship, including the Enchantment. I don’t complain that much, but never again on Harmony.

[emoji53] Really hate to hear that. Will make a note of it, and not book it on that ship. Thanks for the heads up.

Drink extra wine to wash away the bad taste. Heck, take a bottle when you leave. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you know when you booked Chef’s Table it would be in Solarium Bistro or was that a venue change?

Did you know when you booked Chef’s Table it would be in Solarium Bistro or was that a venue change?

We weren’t told anything. It was my first time doing Chef’s Table on Harmony and I really didn’t do any research on it before sailing. We were told this afternoon to meet there thinking that was the pre-dinner meet up area. In any case, the Windjammer on the Voyager Class was a 100% nicer Chef’s Table setup than what was experienced tonight. A curtain draped around a section of the Bistro. Welcome to the world’s largest cruise ship. Everyone at our table had experienced Chef’s Table on other ships and found tonight’s event to be ridiculous.

We weren’t told anything. It was my first time doing Chef’s Table on Harmony and I really didn’t do any research on it before sailing. We were told this afternoon to meet there thinking that was the pre-dinner meet up area. In any case, the Windjammer on the Voyager Class was a 100% nicer Chef’s Table setup than what was experienced tonight. A curtain draped around a section of the Bistro. Welcome to the world’s largest cruise ship. Everyone at our table had experienced Chef’s Table on other ships and found tonight’s event to be ridiculous.

I know you have cruised many times with Royal and have done Chef’s Table on other cruises. Perhaps you should speak with your concierge and guest services about credit back to your credit card for the bad experience..

Correct, more seating for Coastal Kitchen. Here’s a photo I took in September.

Thanks Rick. Guess it makes sense to have more space for CK, but we thought that was a very nice space for Chef's Table when we cruised Oasis this past June.

Thanks Rick. Guess it makes sense to have more space for CK, but we thought that was a very nice space for Chef's Table when we cruised Oasis this past June.

Absolutely, and lent itself to a very elegant experience. Not ruining my cruise or thoughts of Harmony, but had to share. Also, our names were no longer printed on the menus. #itsthelittlethings

Rick you are up early or never went to bed!

Thanks for sharing Chefs Table, That is exactly what I read on a prior thread who tried Chefs Table.

On Oasis and Allure they always, when we attended Chefs Table, held it upstairs in the Diamond Lounge, now Wonderland.

Chefs Table was always better on RCCL than X so sad to see they cheapen it up on “The Worlds Largest Ship”! Guess they ran out of room!!!

I put a few hours of sleep in, but the club wasn’t all that exciting last night. I suspect most people turned in early due to our morning arrival in St. Thomas.

Speaking of which, we have arrived.

9ddd24db850c7c94c9ad7ae8c31834cf.jpg

c2f388a286ae6863dd13530e4c99f068.jpg

By the way, Santa springs for Owner Suites. Although one would think Deck 17 is more sleigh accessible, it looks like he doesn’t really enjoy the stairs.

9b85cd4af46a36478b7c791c95d92459.jpg