Back To Abyss-ness! Live from Harmony - December 2, 2017

We’re on Harmony this week as well. Have you tried the new elevator system? I’m not seeing much of an improvement, maybe a little but it’s hard to tell. Except for the people who get on the wrong elevator.

a07b66129309cb996774cf7f92437650.jpg

c6b671cb5903c27d2dc248933180ad4d.jpg

359a72c557b021267088038b39a1faef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’re on Harmony this week as well. Have you tried the new elevator system? I’m not seeing much of an improvement, maybe a little but it’s hard to tell. Except for the people who get on the wrong elevator.

Yes, I provided all my photos to the Royal Caribbean Blog.

aa37bb928dd372b726d2635a2260cb1b.jpg

It’s not installed on every elevator bank consistently (only on certain decks), so you will still have people getting on at different decks still needing to press buttons. Until it’s ship wide, it will most likely be a little bit of a disaster.

In case anyone is wondering I believe the ship next to Harmony is the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line’s Grand Celebration, which normally sails from West Palm Beach to Grand Bahama. FEMA chartered it to assist with hurricane cleanup. I think it returns to WPB on December 23.

https://www.bahamasparadisecruise.com/charter-fema.php

In case anyone is wondering I believe the ship next to Harmony is the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line’s Grand Celebration, which normally sails from West Palm Beach to Grand Bahama. FEMA chartered it to assist with hurricane cleanup. I think it returns to WPB on December 23.

Thanks. In fact I was wondering what that orange whale tail was. I assumed it was a sold off Carnival ship but had never seen it before.

Thanks again.

dp

d8a86e1c6b4c5ae7fd2ddccbfbf1a716.jpg

Is there a train running or are the tracks just for decoration?

The train tracks aren’t connect in the ginger house village, so if there is a train running it’s gonna go off the tracks.

Just waiting to see if this review gets LITT enough to do the same thing.

Thanks. In fact I was wondering what that orange whale tail was. I assumed it was a sold off Carnival ship but had never seen it before.

Thanks again.

dp

Your assumption was correct. Was the Carnival Celebration from 1987-2008 according to Wikipedia. Went through a charter and was almost transferred to Costa before landing where it is now.

What I notice the most when I see ships like that next to any Oasis ship is the size difference. I have a pic of the Carnival Conquest and Harmony next to each other in Port Everglades and the contrast is pretty amazing.

Your assumption was correct. Was the Carnival Celebration from 1987-2008 according to Wikipedia. Went through a charter and was almost transferred to Costa before landing where it is now.

What I notice the most when I see ships like that next to any Oasis ship is the size difference. I have a pic of the Carnival Conquest and Harmony next to each other in Port Everglades and the contrast is pretty amazing.

Oh cool the Celebration was my first ever cruise experience in 94 I believe. So much fun! And the end of the week shock of your bar bill [emoji33]🤭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is indeed. The crew is using the time to make repairs (grinding and welding) and pressure washing the decks and hull.

a8e2b166e47f152446d6c7e6d27ad4ab.jpg

We’re on Harmony this week as well. Have you tried the new elevator system? I’m not seeing much of an improvement, maybe a little but it’s hard to tell. Except for the people who get on the wrong elevator

359a72c557b021267088038b39a1faef.jpg

One of my office buildings and our condo use similar systems. The condo doesn't have enough traffic to see a noticeable impact, but at the office the difference in traffic flow is really quite amazing. I could see it being very beneficial on a ship when it's fully implemented.