Neptune Suite amenity: "Exclusive daily breakfast service"

f3red

On the Westerdam a couple of years ago, I found breakfasting in the Pinnacle Grill to be too "stuffy" for me. None of the Stewards were "dedicated" to my service which I did not appreciate. One served juice, one served coffee, one served pastries, one took my order, etc. Trying to obtain a coffee refill or another croissant or two was an exercise in frustration. A quieter venue? Yes. But, I found that I preferred the Neptune Suite Room Service service.

Totally agree. My husband and I took our kids to Pinnacle Grill for breakfast one morning while we sailed through Glacier Bay. My kids aren’t perfect, but they have great manners and we aren’t rowdy family, at all. We felt very unwelcome and never visited it again.

Was not impressed with PG for breakfast. Two years ago on an Alaska cruise we decided to go to PG for breakfast. Misses ordered pancakes, I just had juice and sweet roll. 30 minutes passed and asked server were was my Misses pancakes. He replied that they had problems and the server would have to go to the Lido Restaurant to get. I said , don't bother, we will go to Lido and get them ourselves, and off we went never to return to the PG.

We've cruised twice in Neptune suites, once on the Koningdam and once on the Amsterdam, and enjoyed eating breakfast every morning in the PG. I see others have not had the same experience, but we sure enjoyed it. Yes, different servers came by, but we never wanted for anything and my coffee cup never went empty.

We've cruised twice in Neptune suites, once on the Koningdam and once on the Amsterdam, and enjoyed eating breakfast every morning in the PG. I see others have not had the same experience, but we sure enjoyed it. Yes, different servers came by, but we never wanted for anything and my coffee cup never went empty.
That has been our experience also. Really enjoyed PG for breakfast.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I asked the very same question, f3red, of my TA, who called HAL, who said "you get "hot" items such as bacon." Yes, a direct quote from the cruise line's rep... But I'm guessing it really means the free mimosas as mentioned by another poster.

We always enjoyed breakfast in th PG until our Rotterdam cruise last December. The service was abominable and this carried over to dinner as well. Complaints fell on deaf ears. Once I was told that pancakes take 40 minutes to cook. Well, I’ve flipped a few pancakes in my life and that’s the first time I ever heard that one.

By the way this is the same cruise with the with the wine incident at security.

Terri

I have always loved room service breakfast when we sail HAL, and after 16 days on Westerdam, I'm not sure whether my favorite is room service or Pinnacle Grille. Both were excellent, and I even ordered mimosas a few times. I tried a mimosa on another cruise line and hated it, but HAL's freshly squeezed orange juice was delicious.

I like to start the day with some coffee and fruit and peace and quiet, and I have found over the years that breakfast in the buffet is not my cup of tea, no matter which cruise line we are sailing. The options of room service, or breakfast in the Pinnacle Grille, or picking up some goodies from the Concierge are a plethora of riches.

Per Post #10 & #17 there is a problem with pancakes in the PG. Believe it or not we had similar issue with pancakes. I do not see anything special eating breakfast at the PG. Found service nothing special. To me an egg in the MDR is same as an egg in PG. Now if you could get an egg and filet at PG, that would excite me :D

We eat in the Pinnacle all the time for breakfast.

And I order pancakes a lot. Only had a problem a couple of times -- they were cold. Server went and get me warm ones. Never waited 30 or 40 minutes for them.

Good for you. This would never happen at IHOP ! :eek: