Are buffets self-serve or hands off?

Imonaboat2017

What do you think of the common practice of people going thru the buffet line for a 2nd or 3rd time with the same plate and touching the plates with the serving utensils?

IMO it's unacceptable and disgusting. :mad: No excuse to reuse the plate as we all know there are plenty of clean plates, napkins and utensils.

You should say nothing to those who don't use the sanitizer stations because some people like myself are allergic to many of those sanitizers. Do you know which people they are... I wouldn't threaten anyone but I would politely tell you I am allergic and if you did not like it too bad. Remember this is an anonymous board, people can say anything.

I take the poster with a grain of salt, has a history on this board of making threatening comments about people who don't dress properly, have so called fake service dogs, just check the history. I do agree about people who touch food at the buffet, that is disgusting.

Thank you.

Yes, it is true, some PAX may have an allergy to hand sanitizer.

So, who’s history am I supposed to check?

:o

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Being in the food industry, what do you say to those kind of PAX’s who do not or refuse to use the sanitizer stations before entering the buffet?

And, have you ever had an offending PAX threaten to knock you out when publically shame and call them out?

Enjoy your cruise.

Some people have allergies to the hand sanitizer. Also some have just done so and found a table and ran out to get a hamburger and crossing back in to the buffet tables...Situations vary.

And passengers should mind their own business and not be telling other passengers to wash their hands or use sanitizer. If you see an issue you should bring it to the attention of the crew.

Bring the sanitizer that doesn't contain alcohol. Easy to find at Walgreens, CVS, etc.

That isn’t what is being discussed here though. Rather it’s about challenging those that are visibly seen not using the ship sanitizers and as has been said there may be more to it than first appears.

Don, I agree with your observations, but they are probably sitting back and enjoying all the off topic conversation they’ve stirred up. Guess I’m helping there too.

Phil

What do you think of the common practice of people going thru the buffet line for a 2nd or 3rd time with the same plate and touching the plates with the serving utensils?

That's disgusting.

I've seen passengers refill their juice and coffee cups at the self serve beverage station. I also have seen people eating and licking their fingers as they move through the buffet stations. No common sense.

That's disgusting.

I've seen passengers refill their juice and coffee cups at the self serve beverage station. I also have seen people eating and licking their fingers as they move through the buffet stations. No common sense.

I wish the crew would serve throughout the cruise, every cruise.

Just curious, what does RCCL have to do with buffet on Celebrity?:o

OP wants to know about the buffet serving policy on Celebrity not the policy on RCCL.

Sorry. I thought that since Celebrity and RC are sister ships, it might be the same on both.

While alcohol-based hand sanitizers (particularly those with 60 percent alcohol or more) can reduce the number of some germs, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says soap and water is better, especially for reducing Cryptosporidium,Clostridium difficile and norovirus.

Proper hand washing is best, but when soap and water aren't available, hand sanitizers can be a substitute for on-the-go cleaning.