Carnival Vista 4J Interior with a Window your thoughts and anyone stayed in one?

ibcruiseing

11863509_10206583604260780_4261506954039698175_n.jpg?oh=8260dd337699ad385773f13fd4362ddd&oe=5ACBC772

The above photo is from the Breeze, deck 10, not the Vista, but it should be very similar. We also have a 4J booked for the Horizon next year just because of the great value. Most of our cruises have been in lido deck balconies, but if we do an "extra" cruise or are looking for value for the money, it's hard to beat a 4J.

We sometimes miss having access to "fresh air" from the balcony, but the "not-so-secret" deck is just steps away. Being all the way forward does make for a long walk down the corridors, but I just count it as part of my exercise for the week.

Here is a photo of the view from the window:

11260691_10206583604340782_4961057360610348758_n.jpg?oh=48b53a94911489bc05c736e060abef13&oe=5AC4FF5F

Edited by CruzCrazy

I have stayed in 3 or 4 4J staterooms, and I really enjoyed them. You get to save the money you would pay for an oceanview stateroom, but you still get that light so you don't feel trapped inside, like you do with an inside stateroom. You are also right next to a "secret deck", which is right on the bow of the bow of the ship and is usually empty. You will really enjoy these staterooms, every time I cruise on Carnival, I sometimes look to splurge on myself and get the 4J. They're also quiet too!

I'll toss in another "vote" for 4J cabins, they are our "go to cabin" whenever we book if they are available, We stayed in a 4J on the Vista TA, cabin 10202,Lido deck. We've stayed in 4J's on other ships on Lido deck, seemed more convenient for getting to Lido activities and venues. But like others said, one of best "cabin values" on the ship. The forward deck has some of the best views of any ship location. On a couple of cruises where 4J's were booked and we could not get one, chose interior cabins as close as possible to the 4J's, so though we did not have the window, we were close to the walkway to enjoy the views.

I stayed in cabin 7205 for 33 days last year, and those are great cabins. It can get very windy on those front decks, but coming into ports and sail away’s were very nice. 7201 is a bit larger than the others. People can’t really see into them during the day, unless you have your lights on. The drapes do need to be shut at night, because the bridge is directly above you.

Coevan,

The 4J’s are sold under interior, much like the 4K’s on some ships. They are not sold under Oceanviews. For that matter, I had, what I consider the best 1A on the Triumph (also sold as an Interior). Yes, it’s a single bed, but I travel solo. 2 big picture windows and a couch. Even friends with balconies thought it was huge.

We had a 4J on the Magic and yes, it looked just like the photo above. It had a big window that looked out on a little deck on the front. It is sold as an Interior with a walkway view. Sometimes you have to ask for them. It had so much room ! We were asked to keep the curtains drawn at night because the cabin lights bothered the Captain shining out front. You would want to keep them closed for privacy if you're changing or sleeping anyway because if someone ventured out onto the 'secret' deck, they can see in your window.

I upgraded my interior to a 4J last week after reading a lot of good reviews. Really looking forward to try it out. One thing I learn is to also keep your curtain closed during the day because the sun would heat your room up fast like a green house.

I'll toss in another "vote" for 4J cabins, they are our "go to cabin" whenever we book if they are available, We stayed in a 4J on the Vista TA, cabin 10202,Lido deck. We've stayed in 4J's on other ships on Lido deck, seemed more convenient for getting to Lido activities and venues. But like others said, one of best "cabin values" on the ship. The forward deck has some of the best views of any ship location. On a couple of cruises where 4J's were booked and we could not get one, chose interior cabins as close as possible to the 4J's, so though we did not have the window, we were close to the walkway to enjoy the views.

I will be staying in that same cabin 10202. It's a handicapped cabin, correct? Was there much motion? Big enough for 3 adults? And how did you like it? Quiet area? Any photos?

Thanks

I will be staying in that same cabin 10202. It's a handicapped cabin, correct? Was there much motion? Big enough for 3 adults? And how did you like it? Quiet area? Any photos?

Thanks

Yes, 10202 is an accessible cabin. Was just the 2 of us and we had plenty of room. The bathroom being accessible was great!! I don't think with a 3rd person it would be crowded at all. We had 10202 for the Vista Transatlantic cruise, which unfortunately experienced some rough seas for a good part of the cruise, some days were calm so we noticed little to no motion on those days, but my wife and I tolerate rougher seas well, so don't notice some motion that others may. Looking forward, the area just to the right of that cabin is a crew stairway, with an access door to the left of the cabin door. I think that help contribute to it being quiet, except when the crew was servicing the rooms. Funny enough, we met a number of crew and the CD by just coming in and out of our cabin and them through the door...damn near had impromptu parties right there!! But for like the "important" times like sleeping was quiet. Sorry, I don't have pics...but if search online, even the "stock" photos's from Carnivals and other websites give a good idea. We love 4J's and this one was no exception.

We have our first 4J booked on Liberty for our Christmas Cruise. I really can't wait to try them out. While I prefer a balcony, cruising over Christmas, I just couldn't afford it. Our kids are in the cabin next to us, and they are usually in an inside cabin, so they will be shocked to just get light in their stateroom!!

I stayed in 7203 on the Vista in May and loved it! It is smaller than an OV so there's no couch, but I loved having the window and the ease of access to the public decks. There was only one night that I noticed any excess movement being up that high/forward but it wasn't horrible and didn't bother me -- just noting it. Although I did miss having a couch for extra seating, for the value, I wouldn't hesitate booking a 4J again in the future. Excellent room in my opinion!

Here's some photos of 7203 on the Vista (hopefully they show up):

19030371_10102534892666993_8421660868357140726_n.jpg?oh=815055126e82f72de37e26435abe7e16&oe=5ACA89E0

19023735_10102534893290743_6607739357289443784_o.jpg?oh=d24cafb5d1564e941baceaf39124c7c5&oe=5AC2D42F

19025339_10102534893365593_1233648502916048717_o.jpg?oh=e76b9513ecabef16d24b63c18ca6a5b5&oe=5AC58DA7

We haven't had a 4J on the Vista (we had a porthole) but we always book them when possible. Great cabins. The only issue we've ever had is the door going out to the deck slamming. It doesn't happen often because not many people know about it. We discovered 4J's because we love star gazing at night on that deck. It's so private. You'll love it!

Nice pics iheartmarshall we wish we knew how to post them (advice is great but not necessary). We want to point out some differences between this room and 7201. The bed is turned and the headboard is right in front of the window,the TV is over the shelves at your feet, there is also a full third closet to hang clothes.It looked roomier than your pics but hard to tell. We were a bit disappointed when we went from 6202 (bed turned like yours) to 7201 on our B2B but is was quickly a nothing issue given that you can see out and then 30 steps away you are in lonely balcony heaven. We also agreed we slept better rolling side to side vs head to toe. Hope this all helps

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off Vista 7201 on Sunday after 14 days. 8 in 7201 and other 6 in 6202 it was a B2B. Can tell you all you want to know and have pics but have no idea how to post them. We have done over 30 cruises and love this category, the room was great, ask away.

just booked 6202 yesterday love the 4J my PVP said it is kind of handicap accessible? not fully but maybe extra hold bars

We are booked on the Vista in room 7201 it is a 4J with a window anyone stayed and have feedback or Photos?

I book 4J's whenever they are available, they are my favorite :)

Their description "interior with obstructed view" is definitely off but worth it at the price, usually $18 a day or so more than regular interior.

Only the corner 4J's (but not all) are usually HC cabins.