Canned soda on regal

iriemon

If I have the deluxe drink package can I get canned soda? I like my diet coke when I first get up and would normally get one the night before to keep in the fridge till morning then enjoy it and the sunrise in the balcony

If I have the deluxe drink package can I get canned soda? I like my diet coke when I first get up and would normally get one the night before to keep in the fridge till morning then enjoy it and the sunrise in the balcony

No. Canned soda is not included in the Premier Beverage Package, nor the Soda & More package. Fountain sodas are included. Not sure which one you have, as there is no package called deluxe drink package. You are permitted to carry on as much canned soda as you like.

No. Canned soda is not included in the Premier Beverage Package, nor the Soda & More package. Fountain sodas are included. Not sure which one you have, as there is no package called deluxe drink package. You are permitted to carry on as much canned soda as you like.

Sorry for the the confusion I have the Premier pkg. Thinking of the name of the pkg on one of my other cruises

Sorry for the the confusion I have the Premier pkg. Thinking of the name of the pkg on one of my other cruises

Canned soda is not included in the Premier Beverage package. You can get diet coke from the gun at any bar. Unfortunately, leaving that in the fridge overnight would leave it flat in the morning...

Their website states fountain soda, not canned. Like you, I'm bummed. You can carry on yourself or pre-order online. I think it is $11.50 per 6 pack. Ouch.

Yup, just found it. Click on the Beverage Packages and Cellars from this link... https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

This is a recent change by the way. I've had the package in the past as a result of Sip N Sail promotion, and cans were included. It's weird I can get an elaborate mixed alcoholic drink but a can of Diet Coke, that's prohibitive for them. Even weirder when cans of Energy Drink are included ...

Canned soda is not included in the Premier Beverage package. You can get diet coke from the gun at any bar. Unfortunately, leaving that in the fridge overnight would leave it flat in the morning...

Yes ..... Unfortunately, canned diet Coke is not included on the Premier Beverage Package ... only from the gun. :(

It is soooooooooooo easy to just take your own canned soda. Otherwise the PBP offers a 25% discount on canned soda. Bleh... Seriously, if you must have canned soda, just take your own and carry it on. Don't pack it in your checked luggage or it may well be flagged as beer and require a trip to the security room to clear up the misunderstanding.

I’m sure sales of the PBP must have tanked since they reduced its benefits

I will give that a very qualified "maybe". People will still buy the package.

Princess got so very tired of people cheating. People were trying to pass old cards from past cruises that had the sticker. They tried printing their own stickers as there were only a small number of different colors. They not only cheated (a lot) but then bragged about it online. What did people expect to happen?

I seriously doubt the sales of the PBP has "tanked" as a result of the changes. I had it on the last cruise and it worked out well. I have traded my bar setup for cans of soda pop since I could get all the alcohol I want at the bars. I imagine those that have bought the older package will continue with the new PBP since the limit has been raised to $12 and they buy it for the alcohol and not soda pop anyway.

I'm alw@to intrigued when posters state passengers are cheating the system, using old stickers etc, how do they know and how does Princess know. Saying that I have a customer who told me he smuggled a load of drink off he ship. So who knows what goes on

I will give that a very qualified "maybe". People will still buy the package.

Princess got so very tired of people cheating. People were trying to pass old cards from past cruises that had the sticker. They tried printing their own stickers as there were only a small number of different colors. They not only cheated (a lot) but then bragged about it online. What did people expect to happen?

why doesnt princess scan your card every transaction . i know at least one other line that does that. thus more difficult to cheat

why doesnt princess scan your card every transaction . i know at least one other line that does that. thus more difficult to cheat

Princess does scan each card with the Premium Drink Package.

I think someone was just reporting out of date information,

They do scan your card every transaction. And they did under the old AIBP also. As its only a 4 digit code for your folio, many bartenders memorize them quite quickly for their frequent guests, and thus don't take the card every time. Every transaction is getting entered in the system though...whether you see it happening or not..