How the heck to some of you get to 1,000+ posts?

sherman931

Heck I lost some posts too around 700. Oh well not much we can do about it. Anyway back to the original OP question I guess I talk alot. I also post on other threads such as Ports of Call board, hotel pre-post, other cruiselines that I have sailed on, Roll Call boards etc.

Marilyn

If you want to see someone with a lot of posts, I think the champion is sue d. miller. She's somewhere over 28000. :eek:

I'm not sure I'll ever reach that number in my lifetime. Of course one of the easier ways to add to your count is to hang out in the "Floataway Lounge". I'm not sure it's terribly cruise related over there, but the folks seem to have a good time.

Although I am not near 1000, I am sure I will reach it sooner than later. :)

I peruse and post on the cruise line boards that I about to cruise on, I also look at the boards for cruise lines I have been on and try to answer questions that newbies have posted. I also notice that I will post in spurts, I may go a few days to a week without posting anything, then bam one evening nothing is on TV and I have my laptop booted up and I am posting away, easily doing 10 to 20.

By cruising so much! :D

I have been on six cruises (different ships/different cruiselines) since joining this board in 2003. Lot's of research, lot's of answering questions for others and lot's of riffraff...adds up quickly.:eek:

No cruises in the future for me so far, so I am going to take a leave of absence from this board when I reach 2000. Only 5 more post to go! Yep, no more posting for me until I talk my DH into another cruise...hopefully for spring break.

...and not having a life helps too!

I too lost 500+ posts during the switch-over.My count is because I usually check this site first thing after I read my mail...I guess I'm just addicted!;)

Is there a 12-step program for us cruise junkies...?

"Hi,my name is John and I'm addicted to cruising".....:eek:

Forget 1,000 posts, there are people on these boards with 10-15 thousand posts. That many posts place you in the blowhard catagory IMO.

I think there is a sweet spot with regard to the number of posts/opinions on this or any other message board. Answering questions and providing information is great but there is a point where exchange of information turns into obsession. Most people who have a large number of posts provide some really good advice and insight but extremely high post counts are all about racking up the post numbers.

Forget 1,000 posts, there are people on these boards with 10-15 thousand posts. That many posts place you in the blowhard catagory IMO.

I think there is a sweet spot with regard to the number of posts/opinions on this or any other message board. Answering questions and providing information is great but there is a point where exchange of information turns into obsession. Most people who have a large number of posts provide some really good advice and insight but extremely high post counts are all about racking up the post numbers.

some truth there but mainly it's just about sharing information...

I too lost about 500 posts with the new system. I don't think just posting a smilie should count as a post but that is how some rack up the points. Besides it really doesn't matter how many posts you have, it's what you contribute to the boards that count.

I am, frankly, embarrassed by my number of posts. It's like I need to get a life or something. But, most of them are from taking part in roll calls or reporting back on a cruise. I'll go for months at a time without even checking in with CC, but, as the cruises come around again, I'm back at it. Maybe I need to change my sign on name sometime to reset the counter!

Archived