Is NCL discontinuing Boston to Bermuda

Geema6

Us middle of the country folk have no sympathy for you guys that live in/near port cities!! Jealousy, definitely. Sympathy, no. :D

Santa must visit many off you "middles" as the Bermuda cruises I've been on aren't exclusive to us. 🎅

Us middle of the country folk have no sympathy for you guys that live in/near port cities!! Jealousy, definitely. Sympathy, no. :D

It's funny sometimes when I see a good last minute cruise fare going from the East Coast ports and I get excited, until I look at the last minute air fares. Yikes!

oh how I agree. I don't think those who live near or within 150 or 200 miles from ports realize what it is for us who have to take a plane, change planes at least once, get in the day before the cruise and in some cases stay over a night after or get home at midnight. ;)

oh how I agree. I don't think those who live near or within 150 or 200 miles from ports realize what it is for us who have to take a plane, change planes at least once, get in the day before the cruise and in some cases stay over a night after or get home at midnight. ;)

I know what that is like.

Even though we live near Boston, we have cruised out of many distant ports, such as Florida, L.A, Seattle, and Honolulu. All of these included flights and hotels. Sometimes we stayed overnight, post-cruise as well.

We understand the frustration of the extra expenses that those in middle states must endure in order to cruise, but you all have some great vacation options near your home that we have to fly to. National Parks, Mississippi River Cruises, The Grand Canyon, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I read an NCL news report a couple of weeks ago stating that the Gem will be doing Boston to Bermuda in 2019. Escape will move from Miami and be doing NY to Bermuda. Dawn will be doing NY to Bahamas. Don't remember where the Breakaway will be sent.

I'm delighted the Dawn is getting "tired" in Boston. I have been able to COUNT on the wonderful price dumps, especially in Sept, for me to snag and enjoy, with late booking. :) This past season, the entire 4 weeks of Sept, were available for $349 single rates. :)

This port does have restrictions for size and I doubt the Epic could be accommodated..

The Epic could easily fit in the Port of Boston. For that matter, so could the Escape or the Bliss. The Port is one of the largest in the country and still serves as a primary east coast shipping port with some of the largest ships afloat coming and going every day.

I think the issue is more the terminal itself and the ability to accommodate traffic to and from there. That said, the Dawn has been, by far, the smallest cruise ship to call Boston home for a while now.

I think the lack of a large ship in Boston also has more to do with the 1 hr flight distance from NY, which as a much larger market, can more easily (and with higher certainty) fill the bigger ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Epic could easily fit in the Port of Boston. For that matter, so could the Escape or the Bliss. The Port is one of the largest in the country and still serves as a primary east coast shipping port with some of the largest ships afloat coming and going every day.

I think the issue is more the terminal itself and the ability to accommodate traffic to and from there. That said, the Dawn has been, by far, the smallest cruise ship to call Boston home for a while now.

I think the lack of a large ship in Boston also has more to do with the 1 hr flight distance from NY, which as a much larger market, can more easily (and with higher certainty) fill the bigger ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Port of Boston agent told me that larger cruise ships can only tender into Boston. Boston is not as deep as you would assume.

uswaterwaysystem.png

The Port of Boston agent told me that larger cruise ships can only tender into Boston. Boston is not as deep as you would assume.

uswaterwaysystem.png

That is Not True!

Anthem was here @ Black Falcon this past spring.

"Cruiseport Boston hosted the world’s third-largest cruise ship yesterday — the largest to dock in the Hub — as Royal Caribbean’s 
Anthem of the Seas made its first port of call to the city.

Standing nearly as tall as London’s 316-foot Big Ben clock tower, it arrived with close to 4,500 passengers and 1,600 crew for 14 hours as part of a seven-night Bermuda cruise ending tomorrow at its New Jersey home port."

Anthem of The Sea will make a few port of call stop in Boston this year on 8-25-18 , 9-8-18, and 9-23-18

Just had a look at the Bermuda 2018 Cruise Ship schedule http://www.marops.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/2018_Cruise_Ship_Schedule.pdf

Norwegian Epic is stopping in Bermuda on April 10th 2018 (0800 to 1800), enroute to Barcelona from PC.

Norwegian GEM will overnight in Bermuda on November 12th (0800) to 13th (1500) 2018 - she comes in from NYC and goes back to NYC. This Gem cruise itinerary isn't in NCL.COM yet.

2019 Bermuda cruise's have not been released yet.:)

Hello Biker@sea

We hope you are both doing well... Dawn will be replaced in Spring of 2019 with the Gem. Which is just a little bigger than the Dawn, but has The Haven Suites which will attract some cruisers. Lots of options for large families. We have been on Gem 3 times and size is comfortable and easy ship to navigate.

We are booked on a two week Dawn to Eastern Caribbean on Oct 26th. It is a one time 2 week cruise. The Dawn will then be in NYC probably doing the Gem itinerary.

We are going on Breakaway on Jan 19th from NYC and next year that will be replaced by Escape.

I'm delighted the Dawn is getting "tired" in Boston. I have been able to COUNT on the wonderful price dumps, especially in Sept, for me to snag and enjoy, with late booking. :) This past season, the entire 4 weeks of Sept, were available for $349 single rates. :)

This port does have restrictions for size and I doubt the Epic could be accommodated..

QM2 docks in Boston. I think the Epic could also dock there.

Live in Boston area, but the cruises we want are out of NYC. So instead of flying we are spending 5 hours on a train or bus. We also almost go in a day early, especially if taking a bus. One traffic accident could cause one to miss the ship.

Only thing we do not usually encounter is having to stay over (unless we want to) and getting home at midnight. We are excited to be cruising out of Boston at the end of April. That one should be pretty low stress travel wise.

Hello Biker@sea

We hope you are both doing well... Dawn will be replaced in Spring of 2019 with the Gem. Which is just a little bigger than the Dawn, but has The Haven Suites which will attract some cruisers. Lots of options for large families. We have been on Gem 3 times and size is comfortable and easy ship to navigate.

We are booked on a two week Dawn to Eastern Caribbean on Oct 26th. It is a one time 2 week cruise. The Dawn will then be in NYC probably doing the Gem itinerary.

We are going on Breakaway on Jan 19th from NYC and next year that will be replaced by Escape.

:) We are booked for the the 14 nighter too. :D

Hope we see you there. :cool: