Royal added gratuities to my booking

depplep

I just logged into my account this morning and changed the bed arrangements. I paid this cruise off in full on Nov.19. I log in this afternoon to look at shore excursions and it shows a balance of $216!!! I called to inquire and I was told I added gratuities onto my account. Uh, no. Do they need the money two months in advance that badly? I love Royal, but I hate having to micro manage everything about dealing with them.

I just logged into my account this morning and changed the bed arrangements. I paid this cruise off in full on Nov.19. I log in this afternoon to look at shore excursions and it shows a balance of $216!!! I called to inquire and I was told I added gratuities onto my account. Uh, no. Do they need the money two months in advance that badly? I love Royal, but I hate having to micro manage everything about dealing with them.

I had a similar thing happen on my booking for our May Allure cruise. I would suggest you not try to have the gratuities removed, because when it happened to us, there was a thread about the same error. The person had the gratuities removed and all of their MTD reservations disappeared. They could not get their preferred times back and resolutions couldn't help them either.

I haven't booked a time yet for My Time Dining. Now I'm afraid to touch anything in the booking, including the shore excursion that I was looking at.

You can call them to book those things.

Unfortunately the best way to avoid problems with bookings is to never log in and even look at them.

It's ridiculous how often people check their balance due and find it's increased - endless threads about it here. Our solution has been to NEVER check the balance due. Every time we call to make a final payment the amount has been correct. If it ever isn't, we have a printed invoice to work with in getting it corrected.

I haven't booked a time yet for My Time Dining. Now I'm afraid to touch anything in the booking, including the shore excursion that I was looking at.

I had MTD reservations booked and wanted to change one, but I waited until we were on the ship. I was afraid to touch the reservation too. We did not have excursions booked, so can't shed any light on that. I had my set sail pass printed, so I stayed out of the reservation from that day on.

That's probably what I should do too. If I can't get the train tour in St. Kitts then so be it.

Call and buy the excursion over the phone, request a new invoice and check everything! If there is a discrepancy, have it fixed. I have had reps wait on the phone while I compare my old invoice with a new one, never had anyone say they couldn't wait the two seconds it takes to review. You don't want your excursion to get sold out prior to the cruise. I know that excursion sold out on our Allure cruise.

We had booked Celebrity Silhouette originally, but were afraid to try something new. Now I'm beginning to wonder....
Celebrity's website is not much better, but I have never had that happen in 12 plus celebrity cruises.

The Sillhouette is an amazing ship, just saying! Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We had booked Celebrity Silhouette originally, but were afraid to try something new. Now I'm beginning to wonder....

My very favorite ship. You missed an awesome cruise. DH loves Infinity. We love Celebrity, if only they could sail from PC or Tampa.

Why is it that these "random" errors are never in favor of the guest?

I have an example of an administrative error in my favor. It doesn’t about money but rather C&A points. They gave my husband credit for the same cruise, twice, so he (and me!) have 7 more points than we should have. I’m sure they’ll find it eventually but until then I ain’t sayin nuttin.