Round Trip Hawaii, LA to LA

CHEZMARYLOU

to Jiminy1955

my understanding is that this is not a new booking, but a change for another booking you had with Celebrity - I don't think you can transfer to TA because you have to do that with a new booking with 60 days (i could be wrong). Maybe someone else on board can tell you better - but you can contact a TA and ask if you are able to transfer and they will let you know

15 nights, 4 sea days, 4 islands, 5 sea days, Ensenada and return to LA.

You are spending 9 of your 15 day cruise at sea. That is more than 50%. I know that some people like sea days but that is not a cruise that I would take even if it were free.

DON

to Jiminy1955

my understanding is that this is not a new booking, but a change for another booking you had with Celebrity - I don't think you can transfer to TA because you have to do that with a new booking with 60 days (i could be wrong). Maybe someone else on board can tell you better - but you can contact a TA and ask if you are able to transfer and they will let you know

Thank you, I will definitely check it out.

You are spending 9 of your 15 day cruise at sea. That is more than 50%. I know that some people like sea days but that is not a cruise that I would take even if it were free.

DON

Great post! Please educate as many as possible to your way of thinking so that Transatlantic/Transpacific cruises will remain a bargain for the idiots like me who enjoy lots of sea days!

I always want to do the B2B from main land to Hawaii, already checked the prices. Are they crazy? more than $500 per day per pax in 2C CAT, we are paying in the same ship same cat for a Caribbean cruise around $140 per day per pax.

I need a huge price drop to book it. :(

Did you look at the N H site???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great post! Please educate as many as possible to your way of thinking so that Transatlantic/Transpacific cruises will remain a bargain for the idiots like me who enjoy lots of sea days!

Hurray! I like your way of thinking! :D And possibly more room on the ship for those of us who love sea days as it will be undersold!! Count me in as one of the "idiots".

I always want to do the B2B from main land to Hawaii, already checked the prices. Are they crazy? more than $500 per day per pax in 2C CAT, we are paying in the same ship same cat for a Caribbean cruise around $140 per day per pax.

I need a huge price drop to book it. :(

Our booking in Aqua class is 453.00 per nt, inc. Bev package and OBC..maybe u need to check out different TA’s..we have been to Hawaii

10 Times, enjoy the sea, golf on each island..we’re retired and have seen all there is to see on each island.. so we drive to the pier, no airport hassles and just RELAX.

Our booking in Aqua class is 453.00 per nt, inc. Bev package and OBC..maybe u need to check out different TA’s..we have been to Hawaii

10 Times, enjoy the sea, golf on each island..we’re retired and have seen all there is to see on each island.. so we drive to the pier, no airport hassles and just RELAX.

We are close to that for an 1A! Regardless happy to have a great cabin on this cruise. Big balcony! Thanks to Mary Lou for the heads up. Can't seem to get Celebrity to get me on the Capt Club email list. Hawaii is on my bucket list but would never get DH on a plane for that long.

Is this a decent time of year to cruise to Hawaii? Sure this will be our only trip there so hoping for the best. And yes, it realize weather is always a gamble but anyone have any thoughts on whether this would be a good first and only to Hawaii?

We have been to Hawaii in October, November, January, May, and July.. have had rain in January, we cancelled our golf game in Hilo, but it cleared up and enjoyed a lazy day on the ship. We went Whale watching in January which was fantastic, but think the season starts in December. You’ll love all the islands.

We booked B2B Vancouver - Hawaii - Vancouver (21 nights, 10 sea days).

My wife just give a this book as a gift:

25552021_2007985672777560_8350823106521167598_n.jpg?oh=5ed50331bbd56b0998858aeb4564ef1f&oe=5ABDB736

If you have never been to Hawaii before, you are in for lots of surprises! These islands are great to visit and the sea days wonderful for relaxing. Don't forget about reading Michener!!!

TA called me yesterday, said they had just booked a California Coastal on Eclipse in November, 2019 and asked if we would like to join them. I said sure, but give me a chance to check it out online. That's when I saw it ..........LA/Hawaii/LA, October 27, 2019. Our dream cruise! I called her right back and said book us in a Sky Suite to Hawaii. She was able to move a Future Cruise booking, Chile/San Diego on Eclipse from March, 2019 to this cruise. The Sky Suites are pretty picked over right now for Hawaii and all that is left for S2 are on deck 12 right under the noisy OV Cafe. However, there will be cancellations in the next two years and we will keep an eye out for something better. We found the pricing to be very competitive or better than say Princess for a comparable cruise. Plus being SoCal residents we have no airfare or overnight hotels to contend with. Florida residents are lucky to have all those local Caribbean cruises. Now Californians have something comparable for Hawaii, Mexico, and Alaska with Celebrity's new itineraries.

This will be our third cruise to Hawaii in the last two years - a R/T aboard Star Princess and a Vancouver/Hawaii aboard the Solstice. We love the sea days. We will never sail Princess again - food has gone way down hill, torn furniture in stateroom, expensive compared to Celebrity for same category stateroom on Hawaii itinerary. The Solstice took us within a mile of the lava pouring into the ocean from the volcano at 11pm one night. Incredible! Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity!!!!!! Star Princess said, "no can do." The only thing we did like better on the Star compared to Solstice was a better on board Hawaii cultural program.

Weather in California in late October will be mid/high 70's and probably dry. The first two nights at sea will be coolish. Weather in Hawaii will be warm and relatively humid. Returning, the last two or three nights at sea will be cool. Weather in California in mid-November will be high 60's/low 70's. Seas will be comparatively smooth for the whole trip. Although there is no overnight in Honolulu, it will be a long day from 8am to 11pm. You will have plenty of time to attend a luau that night and get back to the ship on time.

We have visited Hawaii many times over the years and even lived there for a couple of years, a job opportunity brought us back to California to stay for good. Hawaii is truly an enchanting and enchanted paradise. We never tire of visiting and take every opportunity to return. We have our favorite "holes in the wall" that we visit in each of the ports. It always feels like homecoming to us.

Our TA said that it appears that BOTH Eclipse and Infinity are going to be concentrating on the Westcoast although she has heard nothing official. This is great news for us who live here. More opportunities to spend money on our favorite cruise line, CELEBRITY, without all the hassle of TSA, airline cramped seats nonsense, and schlepping luggage. (y) :D

Re: Seas will be comparatively smooth for the whole trip......................

Are you predicting the seas 2 years in advance.................lol

Nope, I would never try to predict mother nature. But we do have our own long distance ocean cruising boat docked in Long Beach. We have had that boat for 15 years. November tends to be GENERALLY a relatively benign month for ocean conditions. We will be at the end of the Pacific hurricane season which ends officially on October 31. Should be nice, calm waters. We should be able to spot some whales on their southerly migration to Baja California and Hawaii. All the indicators point to a wonderful cruise!

My husband just reminded me that many years ago during one of our Hawaii trips I had made the comment "Why would anyone want to cruise to Hawaii?" We enjoyed renting a car and driving all over each island and even Molokai. However, now that I have many seasoned years of traveling and love the sea days onboard, this cruise is looking better and better. Also, we can just drive and park our car...so maybe after or around the final payment, we just might snag a cabin...life is like that and if it's meant to be, it will happen...gotta have an S1 corner aft though! Yes, I am picky too, but getting a little better at just rolling with it. Just can't help remembering our final October trip when it rained almost every day...I have not been back since; however, it was many years ago...

Edited by Lastdance
May the sun shine brightly on this cruise!