Round Trip Hawaii, LA to LA

CHEZMARYLOU

Get this while you can!

Put a hold on my cabin at 1:45 est.

Got an email announcement at 4:11pm.

Looked again, and at least 50% of the ship is "Unavailable", either booked or on hold, probably by TAs.

So if you are thinking about going, think fast would be my advice.

George

I really thought this would be a popular cruise, and looks like I was right. Glad we booked as soon as we could. It is now showing on the web site, at least for Captain Club members. Looked at the per diem for this cruise vs a one way from Vancouver or from Hawaii and this priced out as less per day for the suite we booked. Plus we don't have air from or to Hawaii. I'll give up an overnight for that.

It's not showing on the web site but we just booked the Eclipse round trip to Hawaii from Los Angeles on October 27, 2019 through our CVP. It's the only RT to Hawaii being offered.

I was excited when I saw this in an email from X today. After looking at the pricing, I am no longer excited. It is WAY out of whack!

I need to move an on board booking to another cruise, so may just move it to this one and see what happens with the pricing down the road.

Looked at the per diem for this cruise vs a one way from Vancouver or from Hawaii and this priced out as less per day for the suite we booked. Plus we don't have air from or to Hawaii. I'll give up an overnight for that.

We booked all 4 of the one way Hawaii cruises on Eclipse. That makes two 22 day round trip Hawaii cruises from Vancouver.

Did two B2B 15 night Hawaii cruises on Century in late 2013 right before they implemented the Zenith program.

Been waiting years to do it again.

Would have done the 15 night round trip also but will be doing the Infinity B2B Panama Canal cruises instead.

They are the same time and the Infinity cruises don't require airfare for me :)

Would have done the 15 night round trip also but will be doing the Infinity B2B Panama Canal cruises instead.

They are the same time and the Infinity cruises don't require airfare for me :)

That’s pretty sweet that you can do a B2B Panama Canal with no air.

I was excited when I saw this in an email from X today. After looking at the pricing, I am no longer excited. It is WAY out of whack!

I need to move an on board booking to another cruise, so may just move it to this one and see what happens with the pricing down the road.

I'm with you ... way too pricey for me.

I also have an onboard booking that I need to move and want to try out the Eclipse. I may just go for the 7 night coastal, though, instead.

Thanks to this thread, we changed a Panama cruise to this one. We are trying to avoid air travel and we live in the LA area. Our Panama cruise was in an ocean view and we had booked on our last cruise, so we had the classic beverage package and a refundable $200 deposit. (total cost was appx $4200) Plus the Panama was San Diego to Ft Lauderdale, which meant two one way tickets home.

called our big box TA and we wanted a Sunset Veranda - we are paying appox $6500 (with port taxes included in that price). = we still get our classic beverage, plus they added pre-paid gratuities and OBC $250 and TA is giving $545.

Everyone has their own preference on travel locations to see, but living on the west coast, we love Hawaii. We have done the Caribbean three times and we are not impressed. So we are very happy to have Celebrity offering this cruise.

We've done LA->Hawaii->LA and SanDiego->Hawaii->San Diego w/celeb several years back.

Thank you ChezMaryLou for posting this; We put a cabin on hold;

We love this cruise for the sea days; I'd like it if we did a sail past the volcano at night (had that on one of the above cruises);

Glad we arent doing an overnight, we arent big fans of that...

I really wish celeb offered more of these RT cruises, and more canal cruises...

-jim

I really thought this would be a popular cruise, and looks like I was right. Glad we booked as soon as we could. It is now showing on the web site, at least for Captain Club members. Looked at the per diem for this cruise vs a one way from Vancouver or from Hawaii and this priced out as less per day for the suite we booked. Plus we don't have air from or to Hawaii. I'll give up an overnight for that.

We also just booked this cruise.

TA said only suites are left.

This is really booking fast.

Bob

Maybe your TA should check again! Hope they aren't using this as a "tactic" to get people to book!

Currently available cabins:

135 Inside

60 Oceanview

481 Veranda (SV, 1A,B,C, 2A,B,C,D)

198 Concierge

81 Aqua

43 Suites

That's a lot of cabins!!!!!

WOW I thought it was expensive when I booked 2 days ago. Our suite has one up $400 PP, much like Edge did when bookings were available to the public. Glad we didn't wait.

My 1A veranda (which I booked yesterday) is now $300 more today! Not sure what Celebrity is smoking these days, but they have definitely gone off the rails when it comes to pricing......All I can say is "Good luck with that!" :o

This cruise could possibly be us in 2020 or so, after they refurbish everything or Edgesize it. I love the idea of just flying a very short ways to LA. Sounds so good, but also hope they do it a little earlier too!

We are also thinking of doing this in 2020. Since we are doing an Oceania eastbound TA, a land tour in between and then return on Cunard westbound TA in 2019, we decided to book a future cruise for 2020. We also do alot of timesharing and there is only so little time to do all that we want.

We also just booked this cruise.

TA said only suites are left.

This is really booking fast.

Bob

CORRECTION - TA's offices were undergoing renovations and their computers were having trouble receiving current booking information from central database. This caused computer to present incorrect room availabilities.

There are plenty of rooms available however the bookings appear to be heavy and going fast. Pricing is rising probably due to early demand for this cruise.

Sorry for the misinformation - MY BAD !!!!

Bob

We did this or sim itin years ago..rt to / from LA on Summit..15 days..we had one overnight ...Ship was still in top condition..lots to do on board

Cruise was in March..chilly but not terrible..nice in ports. Water was suprisingly quite chilly..bring a wetsuit for any snorkel trips Pacific ocean is not the Carib sea.

We lost island days due to the RT sea days, but was a nice easy sail..we still had to fly back to the east coast

We enjoyed all our ports but did not feel any lure to return.. but a very nice trip.!

I always want to do the B2B from main land to Hawaii, already checked the prices. Are they crazy? more than $500 per day per pax in 2C CAT, we are paying in the same ship same cat for a Caribbean cruise around $140 per day per pax.

I need a huge price drop to book it. :(

I always want to do the B2B from main land to Hawaii, already checked the prices. Are they crazy? more than $500 per day per pax in 2C CAT, we are paying in the same ship same cat for a Caribbean cruise around $140 per day per pax.

I need a huge price drop to book it. :(

When you say B2B which sailing are you combining with the 15 night Hawaii cruise?

Thanks to this thread, we changed a Panama cruise to this one. We are trying to avoid air travel and we live in the LA area. Our Panama cruise was in an ocean view and we had booked on our last cruise, so we had the classic beverage package and a refundable $200 deposit. (total cost was appx $4200) Plus the Panama was San Diego to Ft Lauderdale, which meant two one way tickets home.

called our big box TA and we wanted a Sunset Veranda - we are paying appox $6500 (with port taxes included in that price). = we still get our classic beverage, plus they added pre-paid gratuities and OBC $250 and TA is giving $545.

Everyone has their own preference on travel locations to see, but living on the west coast, we love Hawaii. We have done the Caribbean three times and we are not impressed. So we are very happy to have Celebrity offering this cruise.

I changed our PC transit to this cruise yesterday! We also had an OV with prepaid gratuities and OBC and refundable $200 deposit! Everything transferred over. How do I go about transferring the booking to a TA?

Our first cruise on Celebrity was this past March and we fell in love with the Equinox! In fact we selected the same cabin as the layout is the same.

Super excited as this trip celebrates my husbands retirement and 70th Birthday! And no airfare needed since it’s only about a 6 hr drive for us. Will spend one night precruise in hotel, hopefully a park and cruise package, and drive home day of disembarkation.