beach

nurses11

To a large degree it depends on what line you are on. If you are on NCL you have very limited options because they don't go to Belize City where everyone else goes, they go to their private port about 100 miles south of town and you are stuck there with them.

To a large degree it depends on what line you are on. If you are on NCL you have very limited options because they don't go to Belize City where everyone else goes, they go to their private port about 100 miles south of town and you are stuck there with them.

We have been to all of the cruise line private beaches in the Caribbean and found NCL’s Harvest Cay in Belize the absolute nicest beach day of them all . Feel lucky if you stop there .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to CC. If you are not on NCL, you will have to tender into port and the trip is about 20-30 minutes. There is not a lot to see or shop at in the vicinity of the port and we did not feel too comfortable walking around outside of the port. May be best to check what the cruise line offers in the way of excursions for Belize.

Also, in Belize City itself (if you are on the mainland), I don't believe there are any beaches at all. You need to take an excursion out to the different Cayes.

Harvest Caye (NCL private island) is fine for just a beach day. Not our favorite, but fine. You can also take a ferry over to the mainland where there are nice beaches.

The reefs are about 10 miles due east of Belize City and you can book excursions for a number of islands north and south on the reef. The water there is crystal clear with great sealife, and the day trips are certainly worth the cost! As for shopping, the port area has some decent shops and if you like primitive art, there are several shops with beautiful work from local artists.;)

Belize is a LONG tender ride into the port.The ONLY thing there are shops, you can't even see a beach in or near the port. You must take a tour to get to one. Once we took a water taxi to Caulker Caye where there no cars but it is an island so all beaches. Check the ports here on CC to decide what to do here. We have taken the Cave tubing tour twice and loved it.

We will be at Belize in the next week but won't get off the ship. After my husband's recent knee replacement surgery, he doesn't like to just walk anywhere and we have been to Belize even before the port was built. The tender took us to a dock across from the Radison hotel !

Looking for a beach in Belize and shopping. Suggestions??

We took the Express Ferry out to Caye Caulker. There are also flights to San Pedro (and a ferry) which can be arranged once you debark. Caye Caulker is really beautiful--- there are beaches, but also little shops as well as local artisans. Golf carts are the way people get around there....very quaint. If I were going back, I would do Caye Caulker or San Pedro again without question!