Aft question

Inkah

Do you feel the vibrations from the engine on all decks on the aft or just the bottom few decks? Have always avoided the aft for this reason and just wondering if i was wondering for nothing. The noise won't bother me as much as the vibration makes me a little nauseous.

The vibrations are sometimes an issue but we totally love the aft rear facing balconies so they are worth a bit of inconvenience...even though we are usually on deck 9 or 10, we do have the vibration issue but we just deal with it.

eclue

On the Conquest we had 2470, aft corner OV and felt no vibrations. B2B with 6281, L-shaped balcony almost aft facing. This cabin shook like no other.

Vibrations also make me sick. The small, tight ones. Thruster vibrations don’t bother me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Conquest we had 2470, aft corner OV and felt no vibrations. B2B with 6281, L-shaped balcony almost aft facing. This cabin shook like no other.

Vibrations also make me sick. The small, tight ones. Thruster vibrations don’t bother me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The first time out of 4 I stayed in 2470 we nicknamed it "Rattletrap". Tons of vibrations all the time not just with the thrusters, but when going at a high speed. My SIL was in 2473 and the vibrations made her so sick she was vomiting all night. We got her SeaBands the next day and she was fine.

It doesn't bother me and the vibration and white noise put me to sleep. That's why I choose the aft cabins whenever possible.

No vibrations on our aft facing balcony on Liberty Deck 7. But I'm pretty oblivious to stuff like that - my wife and I got married in New Zealand last year, shortly after their big quake, as we experienced a few aftershocks. I didn't notice them right away, I had to see stuff shaking or the car rollicking about (we were stopped!) before I felt it. I guess I have sea legs or something.

Oh yeah, when we first boarded and having a drink or three at the Blue Iguana bar, we could feel the engines idling quite noticeably. I figure the engines probably run smoother with an actual load applied (i.e. when pushing the ship against water). Once we got underway the vibration disappeared.

In our experience, I really believe that it depends on the ship. We just returned from a cruise on the Sunshine, had an aft area L-shaped balcony, and we really experienced no vibration at all, even when the thrusters were in use either docking or departing. Our last two cruises were on the Glory; one the more recent, we had an aft-wrap, and felt no vibration to speak of, but the cruise prior to that, which was before Glory's dry-dock, we had an aft L-shaped balcony, and felt considerable vibration, both in our cabin and in the Platinum Dining room. Some ships seem to be more prone to the vibration than others.

In our experience, I really believe that it depends on the ship. We just returned from a cruise on the Sunshine, had an aft area L-shaped balcony, and we really experienced no vibration at all, even when the thrusters were in use either docking or departing. Our last two cruises were on the Glory; one the more recent, we had an aft-wrap, and felt no vibration to speak of, but the cruise prior to that, which was before Glory's dry-dock, we had an aft L-shaped balcony, and felt considerable vibration, both in our cabin and in the Platinum Dining room. Some ships seem to be more prone to the vibration than others.

Good to know since I have a L-shaped aft balcony on the Sunshine sailing in April....

We didn't notice any extreme vibration on Conquest except a bit, muted, during docking from the thrusters. We had a Deck 8 aft-extended balcony (farthest to the port side, so the balcony was bigger than normal).

For people sailing on the Vista, extra vibration from aft thrusters should never be a problem, since she doesn't have aft thrusters; she has 360-degree rotating azipods.