Flight Change

Juliayn

Yeah I would say so. Making an 8:30 flight is unlikely. The good thing is that when airlines change your flight by 2+ hours, they’ll let you change the flight for free, which means you can move to a later (and probably more expensive flight than the one you paid for), for free. Call them and make the change before everyone else does and there are no seats left.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What date? Just got off Harmony at 8am this morning. With holiday travelers filling FLL it took until 10am to get through bag check and security lines. Maybe if you are carrying on your bags on your flight.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Yeah I would say so. Making an 8:30 flight is unlikely. The good thing is that when airlines change your flight by 2+ hours, they’ll let you change the flight for free, which means you can move to a later (and probably more expensive flight than the one you paid for), for free. Call them and make the change before everyone else does and there are no seats left.

Thank you!! Just called AA and they moved us to 12:30 pm flight out of Miami. Much better!!!

What date? Just got off Harmony at 8am this morning. With holiday travelers filling FLL it took until 10am to get through bag check and security lines. Maybe if you are carrying on your bags on your flight.

Noooooooo way.

We always take the 8:30-8:45 flights after our cruise. Just do self disembark, carry your bags off the ship, and no problem. They allow you to start walking off the ship at 6:00AM, and the line moves very quickly. WORST case scenario, you're off the boat around 6:45, 10 minutes to get into a taxi, and you will still be at the airport by 7:15, which is plenty of time to make it through the empty small airport.

So many people say to book 11AM+ flights, but the last 7 cruises we have had flights around 8:30am, and have always had at least 30 minutes to kill in the airport. We have been home to Michigan before some people are even getting out of the port.

Noooooooo way.
Yep. Delta baggage drop line started outside on the sidewalk. They had to pull folks out of the line and move them ahead so they wouldn't miss their flights. We were early enough and bag drop line took about an hour for us.

We always take the 8:30-8:45 flights after our cruise. Just do self disembark, carry your bags off the ship, and no problem. They allow you to start walking off the ship at 6:00AM, and the line moves very quickly. WORST case scenario, you're off the boat around 6:45, 10 minutes to get into a taxi, and you will still be at the airport by 7:15, which is plenty of time to make it through the empty small airport.

So many people say to book 11AM+ flights, but the last 7 cruises we have had flights around 8:30am, and have always had at least 30 minutes to kill in the airport. We have been home to Michigan before some people are even getting out of the port.

Glad this has worked for you, but it is definitely not recommended.

Worst advice I have ever seen on CC.

Airline just changed out 10:30 am flight out of FLL to 8:30 am. Are we totally screwed trying to make that coming off the Harmony...??

Don't try it, call them immediately and request a later flight. They should make the change for free.

[whoring]

Great news. Now you can enjoy a nice breakfast without rushing in the morning.

Enjoy your cruise.

[/whoring]

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)