Semi Annual WOW Sale- January 4

slyster

This is one thing I hate about Royal Caribbean. Once I get on the damn ship I have a wonderful time. But the booking and accounting process and playing around with all these numbers is confusing as hell. If the promo says free grats on an Oasis class ship, when I mock book on the website I shouldn't see grats added and be told it'll be removed at some mythical point in the future. That's insane. And for someone like me who prefers working through the website as opposed to dealing with an agent, that's important.

*sigh* Luckily the sale goes through the end of the month. I'll print all this out and take it on board with me on Majesty in a few days and try to get the Next Cruise desk to help me through all this. Doubt any Next Cruise bonuses are combinable with all this. But at least I'll have no pressure to book and can wait it out.

This is one thing I hate about Royal Caribbean. Once I get on the damn ship I have a wonderful time. But the booking and accounting process and playing around with all these numbers is confusing as hell. If the promo says free grats on an Oasis class ship, when I mock book on the website I shouldn't see grats added and be told it'll be removed at some mythical point in the future. That's insane. And for someone like me who prefers working through the website as opposed to dealing with an agent, that's important.

*sigh* Luckily the sale goes through the end of the month. I'll print all this out and take it on board with me on Majesty in a few days and try to get the Next Cruise desk to help me through all this. Doubt any Next Cruise bonuses are combinable with all this. But at least I'll have no pressure to book and can wait it out.

I think parts of this sale (OBC and free grats) only run from today til January 10th

What date in March? We are booked on the March 30, 2019 Adventure sailing and I see no such offer.

It was specific to my sailing in March 2019. Do a mock booking for your sail date and see what extras apply. Every sailing is very different.

What date in March? We are booked on the March 30, 2019 Adventure sailing and I see no such offer.

We sail March 23 2019, free grats and OBC offered shown under the suite level.

ETA: just checked my sail date and the free grat offer has been removed. I’m assuming it was a glitch, but it will be interesting to see if they still honor mine as they indicated. It was online for 12 hours.

Edited by 3hearts4me

"Cruise must be booked between 1/4/18 through 1/31/18 the "Offer Period""

Don't see anything on there about the 10th.

The 30/30 runs thru the end of the month and I am sure some other promo will start on the 11th

• START WANDERING SALE — Your clients can score $150 to spend at sea when booking now through January 10th, 2018
  • BIG SAVINGS — All guests 30% off
  • ONBOARD CREDIT — Your clients will receive up to $100 to spend at sea to enhance their vacation.
  • SUMMER BONUS — They’ll also score up to $100 extra to spend at sea when they book 6+ months in advance with our Non-Refundable Deposit program.
  • PREMIUM CLIENTS — Your clients can save with free gratuities on Royal Suite Class – including Caribbean, Bahamas and Bermuda sailings.
  • SAILING FROM THE NORTHEAST — You can upgrade your client’s experience from Ocean View to Balcony onboard Adventure and Anthem of the Seas, and from Inside to Ocean View onboard Grandeur on the Seas on sel

Start Wandering Sale

Booking Window: January 4 – January 10, 2018

Sailing Window: All sailings departing on or after February 4, 2018. Offer excludes China departures.

Offer details: Up to $350 OBC when combined with Monthly Offer and Summer Bonus (as shown below)

• 5 Night or Less
    • Interior/OceanView – $100
    • Balcony – $175
    • Suite – $200

[*]6 Night or longer

• Interior/OceanView – $150
    • Balcony – $275
    • Suite – $350

The 30/30 runs thru the end of the month and I am sure some other promo will start on the 11th

• START WANDERING SALE — Your clients can score $150 to spend at sea when booking now through January 10th, 2018
  • BIG SAVINGS — All guests 30% off
  • ONBOARD CREDIT — Your clients will receive up to $100 to spend at sea to enhance their vacation.
  • SUMMER BONUS — They’ll also score up to $100 extra to spend at sea when they book 6+ months in advance with our Non-Refundable Deposit program.
  • PREMIUM CLIENTS — Your clients can save with free gratuities on Royal Suite Class – including Caribbean, Bahamas and Bermuda sailings.
  • SAILING FROM THE NORTHEAST — You can upgrade your client’s experience from Ocean View to Balcony onboard Adventure and Anthem of the Seas, and from Inside to Ocean View onboard Grandeur on the Seas on sel

Gotcha. I haven't seen that one. Thanks for the heads up. My head's spinning with all these numbers at this point.

Gotcha. I haven't seen that one. Thanks for the heads up. My head's spinning with all these numbers at this point.

In case you need more confusion here's the terms

Cruise must be booked between January 4, 2018 and January 10, 2018 the “Start Wandering Offer Period”. Offer applies to sailings departing on or after February 4, 2018. Offer includes 30% off cruise fare for all guests’ in the stateroom plus up to $350 onboard credit (OBC.) if booking a non-refundable rate 6 months or more prior to cruise departure date and up to $250 OBC if booking a sailing less than 6 months prior to cruise departure date. Onboard credit is determined by sailing length and category booked: $75 OBC for Interior and Ocean View, $125 OBC for Balcony and $150 OBC for Suite on sailings 5 nights and less, $100 OBC for Interior and Ocean View, $175 OBC for Balcony, and $250 OBC for Suite on sailings 6 nights or longer. Free Gratuities are available for those guests who book a Royal Suite class room sailing on OA Class + Anthem of the Seas sailings to Bahamas, Bermuda or the Caribbean departing on or after February 4, 2018. Free Gratuities Offer applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities (amounts based on gratuity guidelines).

In case you need more confusion here's the terms

Cruise must be booked between January 4, 2018 and January 10, 2018 the “Start Wandering Offer Period”. Offer applies to sailings departing on or after February 4, 2018. Offer includes 30% off cruise fare for all guests’ in the stateroom plus up to $350 onboard credit (OBC.) if booking a non-refundable rate 6 months or more prior to cruise departure date and up to $250 OBC if booking a sailing less than 6 months prior to cruise departure date. Onboard credit is determined by sailing length and category booked: $75 OBC for Interior and Ocean View, $125 OBC for Balcony and $150 OBC for Suite on sailings 5 nights and less, $100 OBC for Interior and Ocean View, $175 OBC for Balcony, and $250 OBC for Suite on sailings 6 nights or longer. Free Gratuities are available for those guests who book a Royal Suite class room sailing on OA Class + Anthem of the Seas sailings to Bahamas, Bermuda or the Caribbean departing on or after February 4, 2018. Free Gratuities Offer applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities (amounts based on gratuity guidelines).

Crazily enough, you're actually helping me out. I realize now where part of my confusion was coming from. I'm missing the 6 month cufoff by 3 days. Darn. I guess I'll ask my wife if sailing on our anniversary is worth $100 less OBC. I'd imagine it will be (certainly is for me).

Now the only thing I'm missing from booking online is the included gratuities. I guess I could take people at their word here that it'll get removed in a couple of weeks. I'll definitely be taking screenshots of that and keeping it on file though.

After wasting an hour of my life on the phone with an agent, and then her supervisor, they are claiming the C&A discount is not applicable with the current promotion. I am trying to apply the current promotion to an existing reservation (15 day TA May, 2019). I originally have the 30% off and $100 OBC, but this promotion would bump the OBC to $275, but they will not apply the $350 C&A discount. They applied it on my existing reservation, but will not now. Of course, there is no documentation to show the C&A discount is cannot be combined with the current promotion.

Can anyone validate this?

Crazily enough, you're actually helping me out. I realize now where part of my confusion was coming from. I'm missing the 6 month cufoff by 3 days. Darn. I guess I'll ask my wife if sailing on our anniversary is worth $100 less OBC. I'd imagine it will be (certainly is for me).

Now the only thing I'm missing from booking online is the included gratuities. I guess I could take people at their word here that it'll get removed in a couple of weeks. I'll definitely be taking screenshots of that and keeping it on file though.

I don't like that you don't see that on your invoice either. I made my booking a few days ago and the price was the same today so the rep told me that I would get them and it was not necessary to have them put on and then taken off. Not sure if I trust that but I have copies of the promo and screenshots as well. I would have cancelled and re-booked but I have a good cabin that I was afraid of losing

I don't like that you don't see that on your invoice either. I made my booking a few days ago and the price was the same today so the rep told me that I would get them and it was not necessary to have them put on and then taken off. Not sure if I trust that but I have copies of the promo and screenshots as well. I would have cancelled and re-booked but I have a good cabin that I was afraid of losing

I’m in a similar situation. The agent I dealt with said it will “appear” as a credit on my reservation in 7-10 business days. He told me to call back if it didn’t. Why can’t anything with them be straightforward? I can’t believe we have to screenshot their promotions in order to get them.

WOW sale indeed. The price for both our cruises went up by between $250 and $400.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

I guess I got lucky for once. My balcony on our Freedom Christmas cruise went down $185 with an additional $75 OBC. I was able to change my step daughters/fiancee's interior to a Promenade view for $48 (net of an additional $100 OBC). I pleased.

So today, for the same kind of room, I'd get $275 onboard credit (instead of $100 from when I booked), and the cruise price is $100 more than my original price. So I guess if I did rebook today, I'd be $75 ahead, but since I did the non-refundable deposit thing, I think I have to pay $100 to switch, right? I'll probably just stick with my current reservation. I'm kinda lazy.

:)

Exact same scenario...where $100 OBC is upped to $275 OBC with the cruise but with cruise price higher, we'd save $75 CAD if I rebook. Only thing is...I booked our cruise back in March so we would switch from refundable (as nonrefundable didn't exist then if before final payment) so think we'd have to switch to nonrefundable. So not sure if I'll call or not.

No its for junior suites and above

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

It's me again, Margaret. :)

That's not stated anywhere on the terms I'm reading here: http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2017/Sales-Training/17059742_Wave_Jan_Offer_Trade_SF_Email_Template/17059742_Wave_Jan_Offer_CCE.html -- Fine print says gratuities are included for all Oasis class ships. Doesn't say anything about JS or above.

I contacted my TA who was out today but another agent said they would help. We are booked in a JS on the Anthem in Nov. They are offering $350 OBC and free gratuities. At the time I didn't know what we paid. Needless to say both sub TA and the reps she spoke to at RC are both idiots.the TA told me she could make the change but rc wouldn't give me the free champagne and free specialty dining currently on the booking. Insaid that's because it came from your company not them, she said Oh it did? Then she had us both on the phone, the rep had the audacity to ask me when told them about the OBC and free gratuities was I sure I was on the royal website. I was highly offended by this, I can read. I immediately told the TA. It to change a thing and I would take screen shots off my computer for both her and the rep at royal so they will now what customers are talking about when they call and no longer be uninformed. I sent several, the TA thanked me and said she sent them to the rep but got nothing on response. In the end since RC increased the prices for their sale, it will save us $22, which isn't alot but is something. I wasn't going to have either idiot I talked to today make any changes though. She is going to have my ta call me tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I just did a booking with a big box warehouse website for a Christmas 2018 cruise on oasis. I got a price of $5116 for 2 cabins, that included gift cards from the warehouse that totaled $360, effectively dropping the price to $4756. Plus I get 2% of that back in a rebate at the end of the year. I then tried the same cruise on Royals website, booking the exact cabins. I got a price of $5556 with “free” OBC of $275. I wonder who I’m going to book with.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Plus 3% back at the beginning of the next year from citi if you have the club credit card. The way I look at it with executive membership and citi I get another 5% off plus the gift card sent after the cruise.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk