My Havana RANT

BOAZ5

My husband and I went to Havana in November and had a wonderful time. We look forward to going back in the future. Having said that, I am frustrated at the moment that most of RC short cruises now include Havana. We have a short window in which to take our 3 adult children on a cruise between college ending and summer commitments starting. We don't have time to pull off a 7-night, so we are forced to stick with a 5-night. It is proving hard to find one that doesn't include Havana. The choices are very few. I wouldn't mind taking our children to Havana, but really don't want to go back so soon and really don't want to spend the extra $75 per person required for visas. I am trying to stay loyal to Royal, but Carnival may win this one.

My husband and I went to Havana in November and had a wonderful time. We look forward to going back in the future. Having said that, I am frustrated at the moment that most of RC short cruises now include Havana. We have a short window in which to take our 3 adult children on a cruise between college ending and summer commitments starting. We don't have time to pull off a 7-night, so we are forced to stick with a 5-night. It is proving hard to find one that doesn't include Havana. The choices are very few. I wouldn't mind taking our children to Havana, but really don't want to go back so soon and really don't want to spend the extra $75 per person required for visas. I am trying to stay loyal to Royal, but Carnival may win this one.

You might enjoy the change of pace. Just expect a little more raucous crowd, which I mean in a good way.

Unless something's changed the Independence 4/5 nighters aren't going to Havana. We're on a 5 night in March stopping at Falmouth and Labadee.

Edit: Ooops, Indy might be in Europe by then......

Lots of choices for a land vacation. Florida Keys come to mind :)

Royal has way more non-Havana cruises than Havana cruises now. I want to go back to Havana with a proper overnight and time to tour on Day 2 and except for a handful of trips on the Majesty Royal has nothing except "day" stops.

We are looking at a,specific week end of may beginning of June. 5-nights without Havana are pretty limited.

Unfortunately, you've picked a time when virtually all the ships doing the shorter cruises have left for the Med. Have you checked Grandeur out of Baltimore? Also, Majesty / Enchantment out of Port Canaveral will be doing 3 and 4 day cruises.

Anthem does a 5 night to Bermuda leaving on May 26.

That is actuslly the cruise we were considering, but wondered about temperatures that time of year. Could be cold sailing from the north. Has anyone done that itinerary in late May?

Unfortunately, you've picked a time when virtually all the ships doing the shorter cruises have left for the Med. Have you checked Grandeur out of Baltimore? Also, Majesty / Enchantment out of Port Canaveral will be doing 3 and 4 day cruises.

Royal has way more non-Havana cruises than Havana cruises now. I want to go back to Havana with a proper overnight and time to tour on Day 2 and except for a handful of trips on the Majesty Royal has nothing except "day" stops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Forums mobile app

That is actuslly the cruise we were considering, but wondered about temperatures that time of year. Could be cold sailing from the north. Has anyone done that itinerary in late May?

Anthem is designed for just that - plenty of indoor spaces if the weather won't cooperate.