What drink package sale?

I've been keeping an eye on the prices for the deluxe drink package for my cruise in 3 weeks. Read that there are sales that come up on occasion. Not only did I not see any sales, but in the last 5 weeks the price went up by $5 and is now $52 usd per day!

Finally yesterday I get an email promoting a 20% off sale for the package, but when I click into it, the price is still showing $52! Where's the sale? Is this some sort of bogus scam? At these prices I'm better off paying as I go on the ship.

Anyone else notice this?

I've been keeping an eye on the prices for the deluxe drink package for my cruise in 3 weeks. Read that there are sales that come up on occasion. Not only did I not see any sales, but in the last 5 weeks the price went up by $5 and is now $52 usd per day!

Finally yesterday I get an email promoting a 20% off sale for the package, but when I click into it, the price is still showing $52! Where's the sale? Is this some sort of bogus scam? At these prices I'm better off paying as I go on the ship.

Anyone else notice this?

The prices online change constantly. I learned my lesson the hard way to not wait and assume the price will stay down or go down.

Anyone else notice this?

Not every sailing goes on sale at the same time. Also, the closer you get to embarkation, the less likely you are to sea a sale. I,have found that the cheapest you will find for the Deluxe drinks package is $41pp/day + 18% gratuity. Buying after embarkation is definitely the most expensive option. At worst, book early and watch for sales to get the lowest rate possible.

I just purchased the drink package on our June Oasis cruise for $47 per day (buy one get one at 50% off which equals $47 per day + 18% for myself). Still have quite a bit of time until our cruise, so hoping to catch further reductions, but did not want to take a chance. I think that your chances of hitting a good sale are a lot less within a one-month window of the cruise (especially if traveling during popular times).

PS: I am traveling with kids and extended family, therefore definitely need the drink package:D

Our March Enchantment is $50 plus tips online. I can go on the ship and the package is $61 plus tips. With my 30% off for D+, it is way cheaper than what I can buy online. So will wait and buy it on the ship this time.

Thanks for posting. We are on Enchantment next week and beverage pkg is $52 per day per person online so I was hoping the D+ discount was still being offered.

I think the price depends on the ship and cruise dates. I'm traveling on Navigator in 1 week and booked a deluxe drink package for $41/day in October. I heard if you find something lower, you can always cancel and repurchase until 4 days before. I actually did it once because it was listed as buy one get one 50% off at $41/day, but it was "price reflected", which made no sense since it was been listed as $41/day for a few weeks. I've seen it as high as $55/day when I first booked my cruise. It's currently $45/day, where it's been hovering since November. Yet, they still keep sending emails about "discounts". I do see lots of fluctuations in the price of the refreshment package. It varies from $18-26, but doesn't stay at $18/day very long.

I don't know. To me $52 plus gratuity a day seems high. I thought the prices would go down closer to sail date, but it's doing the opposite. At this price I would need to drink at least 7 drinks a day just to break even. Not sure if I can keep that up. Anyone know if they tend to drop prices a bit in the last 2 weeks before sail?

I don't know. To me $52 plus gratuity a day seems high. I thought the prices would go down closer to sail date, but it's doing the opposite. At this price I would need to drink at least 7 drinks a day just to break even. Not sure if I can keep that up. Anyone know if they tend to drop prices a bit in the last 2 weeks before sail?

Actually, the closer to your departure date the less likely that the price will drop. They will definitely be higher once you board.

Our cruise in March on Allure was at $45/day for several months, I didn't purchase, as we were trying to determine whether myself, or my wife wanted it. It changed to $50 per day about a month ago and has not gone back down. Learned my lesson, should have bought it when it was $45. I still keep looking, but it has not budged, and eventually just bought it for my wife.

It was $38 per day one year ago for our Jewel of the seas cruise, was hoping to see something closer to that, but no dice.

Finally yesterday I get an email promoting a 20% off sale for the package, but when I click into it, the price is still showing $52! Where's the sale?

Fine print probably says, it's 20% off the on board cost. In the last four years on our three sailings I have seen the overall cost go up. It doesn't seem to go down once it goes up. It appears to me the norm is now around low $50's and if you can find it in the $40's buy it. I made the mistake of waiting back for our October Oasis cruise when it was $46 and then it went to $55 six months out and never changed. It was $58 on board.

• 3 weeks later...
How far out can you buy the drink package? We aren’t sailing until October 2019 but I was curious about pricing but when I click on it it says it’s not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen it a year out, but no guarantees.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Our cruise in March on Allure was at $45/day for several months, I didn't purchase, as we were trying to determine whether myself, or my wife wanted it. It changed to $50 per day about a month ago and has not gone back down. Learned my lesson, should have bought it when it was $45. I still keep looking, but it has not budged, and eventually just bought it for my wife.

It was $38 per day one year ago for our Jewel of the seas cruise, was hoping to see something closer to that, but no dice.

We were on the Jewel 2 April and 9 April 2017. It was also $38.00 ($44.84) P/P, P/D for each cruise.

Edited by davekathy

How far out can you buy the drink package? We aren’t sailing until October 2019 but I was curious about pricing but when I click on it it says it’s not available.

No set time, varies sailing to sailing. All you can do is to check your Cruise Planner periodically.

My husband read about punch cards that are available on like the 4th day of cruising. Have y'all heard of this?

We wouldn't drink enough to make the drink package worth it. Also I don't want to feel pressured to drink, and of course if we paid that price I would certainly feel like I needed to make it worth it.

My husband read about punch cards that are available on like the 4th day of cruising. Have y'all heard of this? ...

Yes, if the drink cards appear, they usually show up in the last half of the cruise. Ask a bartender.