Bit of advice requested re cabin and what deckto choose

My only suggestion is to stay away from Deck 7; the reason being is there is no way to get from one side to the other by the aft elevators...there is a boardwalk sign that blocks the crossway, therefore, when heading to deck 7 from another deck, you have to be sure to get on the correct side or you will have to go up or down one deck to crossover when you reach deck 7...found that out the hard way

I aim for a room that has rooms above and below it (no pools, deck chairs, food carts etc). I also aim for a room that does NOT have a connecting door to another cabin and one that is surrounded by other staterooms and not blank spaces on the map (which could be sources for noise depending what they end up being).

At the end of the day it doesn't much matter but those factors help to make our room a bit quieter for sleeping. The walking does us good so I don't really care if we end up way front or back. But for some this should be in consideration.

Ditto completely agree with all your reasoning as we use the same!! We have loved Deck 10 on the Hump.....not only for the larger balcony, but to be able to see from bow to aft when on the balcony (the hump blocks that view if you stay forward or aft of the hump....LOL).

Deck: not under the pool deck.

Location: consider the distance to elevators. That hall is long. But, you don't want to be right next to elevators, as it can be noisy. Also consider how often you will be forward (pools, solarium) vs. aft (kid pools, . sports).

8 is a nice deck. But, I like most of them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

On our first cruise on oasis we had a balcony cabin reserved on deck 7. The cabin fairy surprised us the day before the cruise and we were upgraded to a junior suite on deck 14. We were really lucky. I do remember hearing chairs scrapping above but it was just for brief moments maybe once or twice a day. The junior suite was worth it LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do yourself a favor. Look at a deck plan and see what's above you and what's below you. You don't want to be below a restaurant are worst still, the Windjammer. On a cruise aboard Brilliance I was up-graded from a Superior Balcony to a Junior Suite. Sounds good, right? It turned out the JS was right underneath the Windjammer! So much for sleeping past 5:30!

Elvis

My only suggestion is to stay away from Deck 7; the reason being is there is no way to get from one side to the other by the aft elevators...there is a boardwalk sign that blocks the crossway, therefore, when heading to deck 7 from another deck, you have to be sure to get on the correct side or you will have to go up or down one deck to crossover when you reach deck 7...found that out the hard way

I am always baffled by people that act like Deck 7 is poison. We had a JS on 7 on Allure and loved the location. The aft elevator situation (IMO) is not big deal after the first time you figure out how to avoid it. Of course, we also use the stairs most of the time. It was very convenient to the Boardwalk, Promenade and Central Park.

I am always baffled by people that act like Deck 7 is poison. We had a JS on 7 on Allure and loved the location. The aft elevator situation (IMO) is not big deal after the first time you figure out how to avoid it. Of course, we also use the stairs most of the time. It was very convenient to the Boardwalk, Promenade and Central Park.

Ditto this- :cool:

Once again thank you very much for all the advice given, really appreciate all the input everyone has given me. Like I said before I'm now booked deck 12 I'm in a cabin that has a Pullman bed which is one thing I really wanted as well as I didn't want to use the sofa bed for my little girl as it would take up a lot of floor space.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also like Deck 7. As close to the back stairs as possible. There's a little area back there, close to the rock climbing wall, where you can watch the Aqua Theatre. It's also convenient to go down to the Promenade Café for coffee.