Is Labadee Similar to Cococay?

arm72

This is personal preference. I preferred Labadee. I thought the beach was nicer with more shade. We went all the way to the right - Columbus Cove? We just used the provided loungers and thoroughly enjoyed the day. The fact that you just walk out a pier is a plus.

If you are interested in the activities, someone else will have to address that.

same basic concept. a beach day that's an extension of the ship .... bar service and BBQ lunch come from the ship.

Like Coco, Lab' has wave runners and parasailing avail' for $$. Lab' adds the zip line ($$) Dragon Coaster ($$) and a large 'native market'

Overall Lab' is much larger, but you are probably arriving on a larger ship. No tenders at Lab (something that's changing at Coco)

Coco has much better snorkeling from the beach ....

same basic concept. a beach day that's an extension of the ship .... bar service and BBQ lunch come from the ship.

Like Coco, Lab' has wave runners and parasailing avail' for $$. Lab' adds the zip line ($$) Dragon Coaster ($$) and a large 'native market'

Overall Lab' is much larger, but you are probably arriving on a larger ship. No tenders at Lab (something that's changing at Coco)

Can you expand on tenders changing soon at Coco? I'm looking at a May cruise, thanks

Yup, IMO they are slowly but surely ruining Cococay in the effort to squeeze every dollar out of it that they can.

Sad, because Coco Cay was one of the nicest stops, with the ability to walk along the beach and still find uncrowded areas.

Been to both twice and really enjoy both, but to me Labadee is just much more beautiful. You can do activities or have a lazy day in paradise. I also love the local culture, bands and dancing and trams/ferry at Labadee. Columbus cove beach is awesome for wading in the water and swimming.

I am looking at booking future cruises that include Labadee as my perfect free beach day.

• 3 months later...
Is there something on Cococay comparable to the Barefoot Beach on Labadee? Some sort of private beach for suite guests perhaps?

There is a separate Suite enclosure now, but I have not seen anything published about the renovations.

Yea!!!! Works for me!

Is there something on Cococay comparable to the Barefoot Beach on Labadee? Some sort of private beach for suite guests perhaps?

Just an area that suite guests can use for the upgraded lunch, but the beach is for cabana guests.

So there is no private beach area, per se, that is designated for swimming for suite guests? When you say the beach is for cabana guests....does that mean that noone else can use it?

That is my understanding.

When we went in April we had a cabana and only people in the cabana could use the roped off areas. Suite guests used the upgraded buffet in this area but weren't allowed to use the beach/water in that area. We had a regular room but rented a cabana. Friends of our had a suite but didn't rent a cabana and they weren't allowed to use the beach or swim in that area.