First Suite

rollie

I think this can depend on when you board. Luminae does not open until noon for lunch on embarkation day (at least on some of the ships, some of the time) and often one can start boarding a little after 11:00am. If this occurs, Michael's Club is open before noon, so one can stow their carry on luggage there and socialize, have a drink and bites there while waiting for Luminae to open. Celebrity makes boarding day very relaxing and pleasant for suite guests.

Thanks, it all makes sense now.

They would not let us store our bags in Michael's Club on Reflection (which has more suites than the other ships). We were in a lowly Sky Suite and apparently that offer was only available to the higher ones. Not a big deal as there is plenty of room in Luminae.

I have never been on a charter...do they follow the same rules...e.g. suites get free access to michaels?

(i assume it would be up to the chartering company to make that decision??)

From what I have read on here, the rules depend on the charter if it's a full-ship charter.

Ok you suite experts. As we would like to experience the suite life as so as possible, what time should we arrive to board the ship? What time does Luminae open?

Rollie

We usually arrive to port somewhere between 10:30-10:45. Often boarding begins around 11:00 (if debarkation of the prior sailing runs smoothly) and for suites is a really quick process. After boarding I head to Michael's Club to socialize and store carry-ons (some bites have been available there as well as full beverage service). In my experience (Summit and Infinity) Luminae has opened around noon. After lunch I had back to Michael's for a bit, and soon afterwards the suites are ready.

Linda, we will be driving down. I think, as others have said, we will try to arrive at around 10:30. Embarkation lines are much small then. We will head to Michael's, and wait for Luminae to open. Oh, what fun. Can't wait. Great to have a plan.

Rollie

Ok you suite experts. As we would like to experience the suite life as so as possible, what time should we arrive to board the ship? What time does Luminae open?

Rollie

Enjoy! It is so easy to board when you are in a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have just booked our first suite. We my have overindulged a bit, but I think it's a once in a lifetime thing. We booked a celebrity suite on the Equinox. Anyone have pointers for a newbie. We have cruised on Celebrity many time. Thanks

Rollie

Its fab you'll have Michaels Club for pre dinner drinks and Luminae restaurant food is specially prepared for you. The service is second to none also making you feel very special. We have been in a Sky 1 ****e on Eclipse and Equinox right on the aft with a huge balcony. At the end of this year we have booked a Celebrity Suite mid ships for a change. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have just booked our first suite. We my have overindulged a bit, but I think it's a once in a lifetime thing. We booked a celebrity suite on the Equinox. Anyone have pointers for a newbie. We have cruised on Celebrity many time. Thanks

Rollie

Congrats on the suite! Because you know Celebrity and others have commented on the super benefits that go with suite class I won't dwell on those, but will provide some critique of the S class Celebrity Suite in case you might decide to drop to an S1.

The biggest complaint i have with the Celebrity suites on Equinox is the poor design resulting in a tiny bathroom. I am not a huge guy--6ft 36 waist. Pardon the verbal picture, but when sitting on the toilet, my left leg sat on and over the toilet paper. With every use I swore I'd never book one of those rooms again.

More generally my "gripe" about celebrity suites is the interior bedroom. I enjoy seeing/hearing the water from bed and that's lost in them.(and the bedroom is right tight!) Although having the separate living room and the walkin closet are nice, I found that I'm much happier with Aft S1 on solstice class and the deep balcony S1s on M class. Different strokes for different folks, so I don't quibble with anyone who prefers the CS but for me I found that in this case cheaper/smaller turned out to be better when the right sky suites are available.

I completely agree with Cruisindoogals regarding the separate tight bedroom and not being able to see the water. Our first Celebrity booking was in a CS, but after viewing the cabin on YouTube, DH wanted to change to a SS. Our favorite cabin is the Grand Suite on RCCL because of the open floorplan like the SS on Celebrity.

Congrats on the suite! Because you know Celebrity and others have commented on the super benefits that go with suite class I won't dwell on those, but will provide some critique of the S class Celebrity Suite in case you might decide to drop to an S1.

The biggest complaint i have with the Celebrity suites on Equinox is the poor design resulting in a tiny bathroom. I am not a huge guy--6ft 36 waist. Pardon the verbal picture, but when sitting on the toilet, my left leg sat on and over the toilet paper. With every use I swore I'd never book one of those rooms again.

More generally my "gripe" about celebrity suites is the interior bedroom. I enjoy seeing/hearing the water from bed and that's lost in them.(and the bedroom is right tight!) Although having the separate living room and the walkin closet are nice, I found that I'm much happier with Aft S1 on solstice class and the deep balcony S1s on M class. Different strokes for different folks, so I don't quibble with anyone who prefers the CS but for me I found that in this case cheaper/smaller turned out to be better when the right sky suites are available.

The Royal suites still have a tight bedroom with no direct access to the balcony. The balcony bath is in the way.

When we booked our CS, no SS were available. The price was great so we booked it. In the future we will probably book a SS. We have always loved the aft view on other cruises.

Rollie

There are no ‘good’ or ‘bad’ suites...just different ones.

Sometimes it is hard to judge if a suite is the most suitable for you and that is where the factual and personal comments on CC can be really useful.

CS suites seem to be one of those suite types on the S class that are either loved or disliked...We have spoken to fellow cruisers who will not book any suite other than a CS and then there are those (us included) that the layout just didn’t suit....It wasn’t unpleasant it just wasn’t for us.

Rollie, I am sure you will really enjoy experiencing a CS even if in the future you go for a SS....