First Suite

rollie

I'm sorry that I pointed out our experience (which wasn't bad, just not for us commoners) and I will take your little dig with a grain of salt. I'm sure you are a wonderful person

Suites are not for everyone nor are inside cabins. Why do you feel like you are a "commoner?" The OP is excited about being in a suite for the first time; I was overjoyed my first time too and still feel very lucky to cruise in one with all of the amenities. My DH could care less, but there are a few things that he really enjoys like the extra room. I guess I could consider my self a commoner that enjoys the suite life. Yes, it is more expensive and we are not big drinkers, but I work hard and we take care of my dad, so our vacation time is very special...it is opportunity cost for us! Hope you enjoy your next cruise wherever your cabin is on the ship...

Thanks Carolyn! I know we will. We will be in 6133.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our cruise, the couple in Cabin 6133 was friends of friends of ours in Canada. We had drinks there one night and a beautiful set up by the butler Peter. He is very good. Happy sailing.

Carolyn

On our cruise, the couple in Cabin 6133 was friends of friends of ours in Canada. We had drinks there one night and a beautiful set up by the butler Peter. He is very good. Happy sailing.

Carolyn

Awesome!! So looking forward to it!

This thread was a great read!

We are going to experience Celebrity for the first time next month in a Celebrity Suite. We have been fairly loyal to Royal, Princess and NCL usually in a full suite, but I am very excited to try out Celebrity after reading all your endorsements.

Just to clarify... we can dine in Blu, Lumanie or Silhouette? My wife enjoys a fixed dining experience with the same servers. Is Silhouette the only option where we can request a fixed seating time?

Thanks you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences.

We are going to experience Celebrity for the first time next month in a Celebrity Suite. We have been fairly loyal to Royal, Princess and NCL usually in a full suite, but I am very excited to try out Celebrity after reading all your endorsements.

Just to clarify... we can dine in Blu, Lumanie or Silhouette? My wife enjoys a fixed dining experience with the same servers. Is Silhouette the only option where we can request a fixed seating time?

If you speak to the M’D in Luminae he/she will ensure you have a table in the restaurant at the same time and with the same wait staff each night. It may not be the exact same table but it will be very close. The only time they may struggle with this is if you book 7.30ish which on all four Luminae experiences we have had seems to be ‘peak’ time. However, if you are willing to wait a minute or two, they will sort you!

If you wish to dine in Blu or the MDR ask your butler to arrange for you. Do not just turn up. If you just turn up in the MDR they will seat you but you may need to wait. In Blu dining is ‘subject to availability’ so you could be turned away if you just arrived.

We do really enjoy the speciality restaurants too so that is another option for you!

You can dine in any of them, but Luminae is best IMHO. You can order from the MDR menu in Luminae, if you’d like—even mixing and matching menus for each course. Like another poster said, talk to the maitre’d and you can have a fixed meal experience. They will bend over backwards to make you happy.

If you speak to the M’D in Luminae he/she will ensure you have a table in the restaurant at the same time and with the same wait staff each night. It may not be the exact same table but it will be very close. The only time they may struggle with this is if you book 7.30ish which on all four Luminae experiences we have had seems to be ‘peak’ time. However, if you are willing to wait a minute or two, they will sort you!

If you wish to dine in Blu or the MDR ask your butler to arrange for you. Do not just turn up. If you just turn up in the MDR they will seat you but you may need to wait. In Blu dining is ‘subject to availability’ so you could be turned away if you just arrived.

We do really enjoy the speciality restaurants too so that is another option for you!

If you decide to dine in the main dining room, have the Michaels Club Concierge make a reservation for you. (You can order off the Main Dining Rome menu in Luminia.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love coming back to this thread. Keeps the excitement going.

Rollie

Plus...you can eat in your suite if you wish and you will definitely want to have breakfast on your balcony (if your cruise is to a warmer climate)! When in Luminae, you can order anything that is on the MDR menu as well! My husband and I like to check it out ahead of time so we know what we’re going to order—maybe an appetizer from the MDR menu and the entree from Luminae’s menu and dessert from MDR menu. So many options!!

I agree, this thread is keeping me excited—97 days now. I’ll be able to do the online check-in about a week from now. Our last cruise was in a Sky Suite and we loved Michael’s Club and Luminae! This cruise I stepped it up to a Royal Suite. Can’t wait!!

I agree, this thread is keeping me excited—97 days now. I’ll be able to do the online check-in about a week from now. Our last cruise was in a Sky Suite and we loved Michael’s Club and Luminae! This cruise I stepped it up to a Royal Suite. Can’t wait!!

We love the additional RS perks...The in room bar set up, the unlimited speciality dining, the laundry....

We love the additional RS perks...The in room bar set up, the unlimited speciality dining, the laundry....

We do too but jumping from a CS to a RS on our next cruise in 82 days would mean an additional 3400 dollars PER PERSON.....just can't justify that....though I would love to....:eek:

I made my reservation online and checked the early fixed dinning option which I thought was for the MDR??? Sounds like there probably is no reason for us to want to sit in the MDR.

Thanks for you reply!

I made my reservation online and checked the early fixed dinning option which I thought was for the MDR??? Sounds like there probably is no reason for us to want to sit in the MDR.

Luminae dining is "anytime" dining and there are no fixed dining options, though as chemmo said, they'll work to accommodate your preferences. That selection online is a legacy issue in which their computer has to classify you as something.

Luminae is generally the best restaurant onboard, in my opinion. You're welcome to try the others but I personally would stick with Luminae for most every meal. You're paying for the privilege to dine there, after all! And as mentioned, you can order food from the MDR while in Luminae so unless you want to sit in that room, there's really no reason to go there to eat the same food. The Luminae waitstaff are great about giving suggestions--listen to them!

Luminae dining is "anytime" dining and there are no fixed dining options, though as chemmo said, they'll work to accommodate your preferences. That selection online is a legacy issue in which their computer has to classify you as something.

Luminae is generally the best restaurant onboard, in my opinion. You're welcome to try the others but I personally would stick with Luminae for most every meal. You're paying for the privilege to dine there, after all! And as mentioned, you can order food from the MDR while in Luminae so unless you want to sit in that room, there's really no reason to go there to eat the same food. The Luminae waitstaff are great about giving suggestions--listen to them!

SOLD! :-) :p

This all sounds great! Why have I waited so long to try Celebrity??

I appreciate all the insight provided here...

ad158c1984d351bec8b5983287c08316.jpgf0fd745a9b18dd2ec8469d1e950f46b9.jpg Some of the best food, ever! After the first night, they will know you by name in Luminae, they will know your likes and dislikes, what you enjoy drinking...you will feel at home! My husband and Tyrone, on the Solstice, really hit it off. Service was incredible!!

ad158c1984d351bec8b5983287c08316.jpgf0fd745a9b18dd2ec8469d1e950f46b9.jpg Some of the best food, ever! After the first night, they will know you by name in Luminae, they will know your likes and dislikes, what you enjoy drinking...you will feel at home! My husband and Tyrone, on the Solstice, really hit it off. Service was incredible!!

006efce694fd5b4d5db967afd25d5756.jpg71e9604dddf2bbedb1587ba632352bcf.jpg

We do too but jumping from a CS to a RS on our next cruise in 82 days would mean an additional 3400 dollars PER PERSON.....just can't justify that....though I would love to....:eek:

Can I suggest keep looking for prices they go up and down we just jump from CS to RS 15 days for $300 per person , a deal we couldn’t refuse. Good luck

Can I suggest keep looking for prices they go up and down we just jump from CS to RS 15 days for $300 per person , a deal we couldn’t refuse. Good luck

Oh....I am watching like a hawk for a drop....and keeping fingers and toes crossed too!!:D

[quote name=musicalianne;

Some of the best food' date=' ever! After the first night, they will know you by name in Luminae, they will know your likes and dislikes, what you enjoy drinking...you will feel at home! My husband and Tyrone, on the Solstice, really hit it off. Service was incredible!!

And the sommelier will even pair wines for you! Luminae is amazing!!