Protein Powder ?

Noreen411

Hi

Has anyone taken protein powder on a cruise with them?

How did you pack it?

I was thinking a ziplock bag maybe. Just concerned it may look questionable. I can just imagine being called to the naughty room with police standing by while we identify protein powder.

My husband starting using this recently and you mix it with water or milk.

This is the container of what it looks like, we don’t need to bring the whole big container.

a10eeefbd37c7393705f4119bc8e0d5f.jpg

Let me know what you think

Thank you

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I find the protein bars to be more convenient when traveling, but I see no reason why you couldn't bring it in a plastic bag or other small sealed container in your checked luggage. They do sell protein powder in small sealed individual pouches as well.

I have seen them at Target

Hi

Thank you for the responses.

I went looking for individual packages and found some at GNC. It’s a different brand but hopefully he likes it. I was able to get various flavors too.

Glad to hear if he doesn’t like these we can pack his normal powder in a ziplock.

Thank you again

6ebe19bdae2573f0a9954371c074e183.jpg

They looked through mine once, dumped it into a special tray to make sure it wasn't drugs or weapons. I brought it up with them that I was bringing it in my carry on and the agents went nuts. I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't told them anything.

Hi

Thank you for the responses.

I went looking for individual packages and found some at GNC. It’s a different brand but hopefully he likes it. I was able to get various flavors too.

Glad to hear if he doesn’t like these we can pack his normal powder in a ziplock.

Thank you again

6ebe19bdae2573f0a9954371c074e183.jpg

I love the quest brand!! Very yummy flavors!

I had gastric bypass and all I have for breakfast is a protein drink. That being said, I can’t drink the powders so I ship my drinks to the hotel I’m staying at and bring them on the ship. Never had a problem, and it’s been 6 years. Even sent them to Hawaii.

I can't see how they would be a problem. I bring the individual Starbucks liquid creamers with me in my luggage and have never had any issues. I can't see that protein powder would be any different, especially in powder form.

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, Cruisecrazy94 said:

Do you pack these in your checked bags? We're not taking a flight so just taking then right on the ship. Maybe i should avoid my checked bags? Just don't want to risk my bags ending up in the naughty room lol

We pack it in our checked bags every time and have never ended up in the naughty room. I think you’re safe. 

• Thanks 1

Not sure what ship ur sailing on, but the Vitality spa has protein shakes!  I know u probably want to bring ur own, but just wanted to let u know so maybe u can do some research, especially if ur getting the deluxe beverage package.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

Not sure what ship ur sailing on, but the Vitality spa has protein shakes!  I know u probably want to bring ur own, but just wanted to let u know so maybe u can do some research, especially if ur getting the deluxe beverage package.....

Are the protein shakes included in the deluxe beverage package?

5 minutes ago, rede2go6464 said:

Usually not that I'm aware of.  The fruit smoothies and the like are included but not the protein added shakes.  Perhaps one can bring their own protein powder packet and they may add it in for you... especially if a small cash tip were to be involved...

dp

Edited by dpostman

56 minutes ago, rede2go6464 said:

The deluxe beverage package includes any beverage, up to $12....not sure about the cost of protein drinks.  I was just suggesting to do some research to see if they might be included.  There should be a menu somewhere on here, or others who may know more on this.  I got my specialty coffees there every morning, on HOTS, but paid no attention to the kinds/costs/ and if they were included in the beverage packages.

2 hours ago, SuiteLady said:

Unfortunately we're on Grandeur which does not have smoothies in the spa 😞

On 7/21/2019 at 12:09 PM, Cruisecrazy94 said:

Do you pack these in your checked bags? We're not taking a flight so just taking then right on the ship. Maybe i should avoid my checked bags? Just don't want to risk my bags ending up in the naughty room lol

Absolutely check them if flying, they can no longer be carried on.