Princess sold out - online TA has space

Cruise Junky

Have you checked with your travel agent? If they are part of a consortium they might be able to grab a cabin that space for you. If there are several cruises linked together you might not be able to get space on that particular voyage but if you look at another portion of it you might be able to book a longer version.

Have you checked with your travel agent? If they are part of a consortium they might be able to grab a cabin that space for you. If there are several cruises linked together you might not be able to get space on that particular voyage but if you look at another portion of it you might be able to book a longer version.

Yes, she’s looking into it and has some clout with Princess. Can’t wait for final or book a longer variety. Won’t work with our dates. We could wait a few months as air won’t be available until the spring. I was just curious if anyone had any luck.

When this has happened to my agent on a popular sailing (she had space, Princess was sold out), they gave her a time period when they would pull her group space which was probably 2 weeks or so. I never saw that space show up on Princess's website - I am guessing it went to those who were waitlisted.

When this has happened to my agent on a popular sailing (she had space, Princess was sold out), they gave her a time period when they would pull her group space which was probably 2 weeks or so. I never saw that space show up on Princess's website - I am guessing it went to those who were waitlisted.

Thanks Coral. I’ll book with the other TA if she can’t get a cabin, but I certainly wanted to give her the first shot at the booking.

Thanks Coral. I’ll book with the other TA if she can’t get a cabin, but I certainly wanted to give her the first shot at the booking.

I am sure she will understand.

The example I mentioned was the 50th Anniversary Mexico cruise on the Pacific Princess. She had cabins when no one else seemed to.

There are several recall dates on group space. The groups department might be able to tell your agent the recall dates for that sailing.

Have your agent keep checking. I know when I have looked at some cruises that are just released it shows no cabins available but suddenly a whole section that shows sold out becomes available.

There are several recall dates on group space. The groups department might be able to tell your agent the recall dates for that sailing.

Have your agent keep checking. I know when I have looked at some cruises that are just released it shows no cabins available but suddenly a whole section that shows sold out becomes available.

One of the quirky things I found is even though Princess is showing sold out and has for a while, the site that gives price alerts is pricing most categories with current updates. Very strange. I’m just doing a mock schedule to see if it’s better to do by land which is what we’ve done on our previous two Aussie trips.

Your travel agent should be able to reach out to their Princess Business Development contact and they might be able to investigate what is going on. I needed more group spacing once and when Princess said no, the contact was able to get more allotment.

You may not want to go this route but you can always book with the online agent and then send a note to Princess asking to have to booking transferred to your local agent. You just have to include the voyage info and the TA info you want to transfer the booking to and that's it. You can do it via email by sending the request to:

revenuesupportdepartment@princesscruises.com

Could it be a chartered cruise. It is unusual for a cruise a year away to be sold out.

No, it’s the circumnavigation of Australia. Just hugely popular and this is the smallest portion. Anything that is left is being allocated to the 28 day version. I just want the bottom half which is 11 days

You may not want to go this route but you can always book with the online agent and then send a note to Princess asking to have to booking transferred to your local agent. You just have to include the voyage info and the TA info you want to transfer the booking to and that's it. You can do it via email by sending the request to:

revenuesupportdepartment@princesscruises.com

I do not think its that simple. Yes, you can book directly with the cruise line and easily transfer a booking to a cruise or travel agent. But if you have booked with a cruise/travel agent, Princess (or other cruise lines) will not generally allow you to transfer the booking unless the cruise/travel agent agrees to release the booking (most will not do this) or you have a very good reason (such as agency malpractice or malfeasance). Otherwise you put the cruise line into a position of undercutting agencies...which they are very reluctant to ever do. And there can be other considerations regarding pricing and contractual agreements between the agency and cruise line.

Hank

This is pretty typical across most cruise lines where TA's hold bookings.

Keith

Though - if it is this far out, Princess usually doesn't allow them to keep through group space that long if the cruise is sold out.

No, it’s the circumnavigation of Australia. Just hugely popular and this is the smallest portion. Anything that is left is being allocated to the 28 day version. I just want the bottom half which is 11 days

That may be the problem ?

Look at the availability of the 28 day cruise .

The cruise line will restrict availability of the shorter cruise while they try to fill the 28 day cruise first. Availability of the 11 day may increase closer to sailing.