Best items from Room Service Menu

texanaust

What items (non Breakfast, non MDR) do you like from the room service menu? We ordered pizza on the Connie last cruise, and it was the absolute worst tasting excuse for a pizza I have ever had-worse than Totinos! Hopefully there are some better choices for our next cruise...

Always ask about the soup of the day... some of those are good. The hamburgers and French fries are acceptable. My mom enjoys the club sandwich and chicken noodle soup. I'm a "salad with chicken" lunch person. The room service salad was awful last month on Summit. I ordered the grilled chicken and pesto sandwich (to get the grilled chicken only) and it was awful. The ranch dressing must be low fat... has that translucent appearance and is sticky, not creamy. It's that way on the whole ship, though. Sorry I can't be more positive!!

On the Reflection in the Med 5/17, the room service menu had macaroni and cheese. This is a do not miss selection!! Each serving is portioned into a ramakin and put under the broiler just prior to being delivered. It was the cheesiest, creamiest best all-around mac n cheese I've ever had!

On sea days when the ship is real busy we enjoy the sandwiches, club and chicken. And in the evening sometimes we skip the show since they are all a like just about on every ship...song and dance...we order fruit and cheese plate and curl up with a movie or sit on the balcony. Sometimes its just nice to sit still

The French fries with whatever we ordered were really nice....this is high praise from one who rarely eats fries!

Yes. I hardly ever eat fries but on my last cruise I had them with every lunch. I surprised myself by doing that.

Laura

On the Reflection in September we sometimes ordered the antipasto platter and chicken skewers from room service in place of getting the afternoon savories at 4:00 (we were in AQ). We had picked up some lovely Italian wines in Rome prior to the cruise and had some relaxing cocktail hours on the balcony. :D

enhance

enhance

You can get the regular MDR menu delivered to your room during their operating hours. Lunch and dinner

Interesting. How would you order since you wouldn't have that menu in your cabin? Would you go see what's posted and call room service?

Interesting. How would you order since you wouldn't have that menu in your cabin? Would you go see what's posted and call room service?
Or you can ask your stateroom attendant (or butler, if you have one) for a copy of the menu and mark the items you want.

That's what we usually do.

But from what we are hearing, it should not be too long before all the daily menus are made available to everyone electronically, on all ships.

We have found the club sandwich and the hamburger to be pretty good. No room service is as good as a sit down IMHO, but those two items were acceptable.

I would agree. I also like the chicken noodle soup. They do soup of the day too which you need to ask of room service what it is. I had some wholesome potato soup on my last cruise.

Phil