Why do you prefer Deck 8 vs. 12 on Allure?

mafig

I keep reading that many of you prefer Deck 8 on Allure because of its proximity to Central Park.

How does that preference compare to Deck 12.

I'm sort of leaning toward that deck because of its closeness to the Diamond Lounge.

Did I read somewhere that Deck 8 can be hotter? (Or am I imagining this?)

:p

I keep reading that many of you prefer Deck 8 on Allure because of its proximity to Central Park.

I'm sort of leaning toward that deck because of its closeness to the Diamond Lounge.

I think walking thru Central Park to get fore to aft (or opposite) is nicer than walking down the typical hallways on other decks. It is nice to pop outside.

JC

I don't think there is any correlation between deck and temperature. On an Oasis class ship, there is a good amount of walking between the forward and aft parts, and we prefer to do that in Central Park.

I'm a huge deck 8 advocate as well. As others pointed out its much more pleasant walking through Central Park rather than hallways to go from forward to aft or vice versa.

Additionally, I have to agree with mattpro that its proximity to Park Cafe is a huge convenience. Nearly every morning, I'll just quickly jet over to Park Cafe to grab some coffee, orange juice and a few quick breakfast items to enjoy on the balcony. On trips where we've had a bottle of champagne in the room, I'd swing by park cafe for a couple glasses of OJ for some morning mimosas. It's just so convenient having Park Cafe right there. Trellis bar in central park also makes it extremely easy to grab a quick drink and bring it back to the room.

One final reason I love Deck 8 is its proximity to the main decks below where I'll be spending the vast majority of my time. It's just two decks down from the boardwalk and from there its just one flight of stairs down to the promenade and one more flight to get down to everything on deck 4.

The only potential negative to deck 8 is how far away it is to the pool deck, but when you're heading up there it's likely to spend several hours at the pool anyways, so that's not really such an inconvenience.

The biggest advantage of being on deck 8 is the proximity to Park Café, which opens at 7:30 a.m. for morning coffee and breakfast, as well as only 2 floors above the Boardwalk.

This is exactly the reason that I booked an aft boardwalk balcony on deck 8 on the Oasis and the Harmony next year!! Really enjoy my morning caramel macchiatos and afternoon mimosas!!!;p

In addition to loving the location in relation to CP and the "indoor" venues, I like the lower deck for less motion in times of rough seas. Some, like my husband, will say they feel no difference, but as someone who is sensitive to the motion, I did.

Our first time on the ALLURE was last August, and by dumb luck, we ended up in a balcony room on Deck 7, near the aft stairwell. That ended up being a nearly perfect spot. One flight up, and we were at Central Park and frequently used that as our way of moving forward (and later aft). And one deck down, we were right at the Boardwalk. We didn't plan it...but it worked out great.

Certainly, Deck 12 might be better situated for someone with different priorities, so it's important to try to research the deck plans. But we ended up LOVING Central Park, for the lovely walk, the ease of getting from front to back, the bar, the sunshine, etc. etc. If we had picked a higher deck, it's possible we would never have built the affinity for Central Park that we did. When we cruise ALLURE with our family this coming Thanksgiving, we have booked a cabin in nearly the same spot.

...convenience. Nearly every morning, I'll just quickly jet over to Park Cafe to grab some coffee, orange juice and a few quick breakfast items to enjoy on the balcony. On trips where we've had a bottle of champagne in the room, I'd swing by park cafe for a couple glasses of OJ for some morning mimosas. It's ...

Getting Park Cafe easy morning coffee and/or mimosas on our balcony is 99% why we'll be on Oasis deck 8 this June. My wife can tease me all she wants for doing too much research ahead of time but - case and point right here.

I suppose getting to walk through central park instead of a standard hallway deserves 1%.

Loved deck 8 for the same reason as many others, Central Park. We would leave our cabin before dinner, stop to get a glass of wine, a stroll through Central Park and took the elevators down to the dining room. I looked forward to it every evening.

If you want deck 12 or 14 just make sure you are not under the pool area. It's very noisy during the day with the loud music and very noisy in the early hours of the morning due to the towel carts being wheeled across as well as the chairs and loungers getting moved around.

Edited by ptf2009
spelling

If you want deck 12 or 14 just make sure you are not under the pool area. It's very noisy during the day with the loud music and very noisy in the early hours of the morning due to the towel carts being wheeled across as well as the chairs and loungers getting moved around.

I just realized something.

I don't have a Royal Caribbean brochure. Do they still have them with the ship's deck plans in them?

Anyway......is it possible to under the pool area on Deck 12????

Another vote for Deck 8 here. We had a balcony cabin on Deck 8 on the Oasis and loved the location. As others have said, it's a nice walk to and from wherever you are going. The Park Cafe was a nice plus to grab coffee, snacks or breakfast or lunch and take it to the balcony.

We love Deck 8 on Oasis class ships. We always get an oceanview balcony near the aft elevators and the entrance to Central Park. We love the Park Cafe, plus it’s the most pleasant walk from aft to forward on the ship. On Symphony TA this fall, we know who is in all the rooms all up and down our hallway—about a dozen rooms of us. Several of us didn’t even know the others chose that deck and location.

I just realized something.

I don't have a Royal Caribbean brochure. Do they still have them with the ship's deck plans in them?

Anyway......is it possible to under the pool area on Deck 12????

I have a couple of the brochures, deck plan is of one ship in that class (e.g. Symphony for Oasis class).

I’m not sure what your second question is, but here’s the deck plan for Allure: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/allure-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1690/03

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I left out the be

meant to say

Is it possible to be under the pool deck on deck 12.

I realize the poster was probably telling me that even Deck 12 could be noisy, even though it isn't directly under the pool deck.

Thanks for your help.:)

I left out the be

meant to say

Is it possible to be under the pool deck on deck 12.

I realize the poster was probably telling me that even Deck 12 could be noisy, even though it isn't directly under the pool deck.

Thanks for your help.:)

Lol, no worries, looks like you answered your question :)

Regarding noise from sports/pool area, this thread may interest you: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2391085

Sent from my iPhone using Forums