Azamara Enhances Cruise Ship Entertainment With New Broadway Show

LauraS

The 54 Below with Daniel disappointed me. By the material choice I felt they thought the crowd was in their nineties. After the third number I had enough of Rogers and Hammerstein and left. Tonight’s show is to be 60’s music, I hope the choice of material will be better.

We had the plays last night; the first Franklin/Adams one was good. The second hand puppet one should be dropped. The third one about stealing office lunches was okay.

Assistant CD Ernest Marchain’s show was enjoyable.

I see this as a work in process that needs some fine tuning.

John

I am also on the Quest and, although I missed the debut of the new Shorts on Ships (short plays) on the second evening, the word on the ship is that it was a colossal failure.

However, we thoroughly enjoyed last night’s 54 Below show. I would even go so far as to say that, IMHO, it was one of best vocalists Azamara has put on stage in our 31 cruises with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting, I did wonder how 12 minute plays would work. Hopefully they can sort it out soon and get something that works in place.

Glad though to read the music was memorable for the right reasons

Edited by uktog

Tonight is another performance of the short plays. So more reports will probably follow. Not sure if we will make it to show as we have specialty restaurant meal again tonight and already missed the first one.

The vocalist, Daniel, was wonderful in his two shows and was exiting the ship today in La Paz. My understanding is that we will have another vocalist coming onboard for some new performances.

Well, we missed the first short play tonight, but caught the second and third of the first show and we enjoyed them. The third was quite funny.

I can see where some of the topics might be controversial and some people may get easily offended.

It may not be for every one......we shall see how it goes.

Onboard Quest currently, we do have live music going on....piano in Spirits, guitar some nights in LR and also the Sparkling trio in LR which consists of keyboard and guitar with female singer.

Tonight we will have a local folkloric group of Mariachis and dancers in the cabaret.

Also celebrating Fat Tuesday in LR tonight and a special Valentine’s Day brunch tomorrow.

Onboard Quest currently, we do have live music going on....piano in Spirits, guitar some nights in LR and also the Sparkling trio in LR which consists of keyboard and guitar with female singer.

Tonight we will have a local folkloric group of Mariachis and dancers in the cabaret.

Also celebrating Fat Tuesday in LR tonight and a special Valentine’s Day brunch tomorrow.

So, a piano in Spirits? That's very good news.

Are the pianist in Spirits and the guitarist in the LR part of the trio?

I hope that the folkloric group were able to board as last year in Cozumel (despite the Cruise Director and others onboard trying to negotiate) the port security staff would not allow them on.

I understand ballroom dancers Sasha and Dima are doing their 45 minute show on the next Journey cruise. I would love to see that and do wish they were staying.

Johann is 2nd from the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! I had it beginning with "J", but couldn’t pull the name forward in my brain.

Phil

I understand ballroom dancers Sasha and Dima are doing their 45 minute show on the next Journey cruise. I would love to see that and do wish they were staying.

Thank you! I had it beginning with "J", but couldn’t pull the name forward in my brain.

Phil

Oh me too, I am still gutted that the dancers could not be worked into the new format

Phil

Oh me too! Love watching Sasha and Dima dance. They are such lovely people too, as are Alex and Alina.

I think Azamara are making a huge mistake in letting the dancers go.

Are the pianist in Spirits and the guitarist in the LR part of the trio?

I hope that the folkloric group were able to board as last year in Cozumel (despite the Cruise Director and others onboard trying to negotiate) the port security staff would not allow them on.

Yes, the pianist and guitarist are part of the trio.

The folkloric group was able to board last evening and they were excellent.

Yes, the pianist and guitarist are part of the trio.

The folkloric group was able to board last evening and they were excellent.

Thank you.

I am very happy that there will be some live music in Spirits.. is this every evening and after dinner?

So pleased that you were able to enjoy the folkloric group. I think that we had a late departure and the port security team wanted extra payments to work beyond their allotted time.

Currently on the Journey the Feinstein's 54 Below at sea performer is Elizabeth Stanley

I am not the best to give a technical review - but i did not enjoy the show

I be leave people vote with their feet

Her second performance was on Valentines Day of love songs

The first show about 50% full the second only 25%

Currently on the Journey the Feinstein's 54 Below at sea performer is Elizabeth Stanley

I am not the best to give a technical review - but i did not enjoy the show

I be leave people vote with their feet

Her second performance was on Valentines Day of love songs

The first show about 50% full the second only 25%

Yes, they are voting with their feet on Quest tonight.....fewest I have ever seen in showroom for any performance! The short plays. We stayed for one and left during second to go upstairs to LR for dueling pianos.

Thank you.

I am very happy that there will be some live music in Spirits.. is this every evening and after dinner?

So pleased that you were able to enjoy the folkloric group. I think that we had a late departure and the port security team wanted extra payments to work beyond their allotted time.

Yes, every evening there is live music, usually piano.....maybe every night so far, in Spirits.