Cheers package limit 15 drinks includes....

scubamommy!

I found the following on the same page as this link. I imagine this is why the price of Cheers has gone up. Many of the posts here reference ordering drinks for others who do not have a package.

The intention apparently is not for Cheers to be shared but for each passenger to buy their own drinks or a package for them.

Copied and pasted from the site - the red highlighting is mine-

• Only one drink at a time may be ordered. Sharing is not permitted. Ordering a double shot would be considered ordering two drinks, therefore, you cannot order a double shot.
  • Program allows for unlimited Zero-Proof beverages but only one beverage at a time may be ordered - sharing is not permitted.
  • There is a 5 minute wait time between ordering drinks.
  • Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest's Sail and Sign account.

Wow, I think this is the most response I have ever gotten on a CC board. I guess its true when you ask a Liquor Package Question, it gets more attention. BUT I will say once again, that I DID search the Carnival site and I DID search the CC board, I did NOT find this answer to this question on either! I also want to say that even when I see redundant questions on here I certainly don't condescend anyone for asking them. Some of us don't have all the time in the world to be on here every day seeing them over and over again. Some folks are new and don't know all the options to find answers they seek. I am grateful to those that are on here a lot and have the time to answer the same questions again and again in a nice friendly manner! THANK YOU! To those that feel the need to be nasty, I can only assume you will have the need for a question one day and will be treated the same way you treat others. As they say, Karma is only a b*tch, if you are! Have a great day, everyone! Make it count!

:confused:I went back and read the posts above this one and frankly didn't really see any nasty answers. I think the issue is that there are 2 or 3 active Cheers threads going on at any given time asking the same information.

You say "Some of us don't have all the time in the world" to search on CC ... But you have no problem assuming that others will be glad to spend their time looking up answers for you.

You said "Some folks are new and don't know all the options to find answers they seek." ... and I think posters were trying to give links to find the information and at the same time perhaps nicely educating newbees on where and what kind of info is available on the Carnival site.

A lot of regulars give out a lot of information on here day after day ... much of the time never receiving a thank you or even an acknowledgment for spending their time to be helpful to newbees and veteran cruisers alike. With the exception of a small handful of trolls (found everywhere on the net) the folks on this site are helpful and giving.:)

Just saying ......

:confused:I went back and read the posts above this one and frankly didn't really see any nasty answers. I think the issue is that there are 2 or 3 active Cheers threads going on at any given time asking the same information.

The mods deleted lots of posts on this thread.

You say "Some of us don't have all the time in the world" to search on CC ... But you have no problem assuming that others will be glad to spend their time looking up answers for you.

You said "Some folks are new and don't know all the options to find answers they seek." ... and I think posters were trying to give links to find the information and at the same time perhaps nicely educating newbees on where and what kind of info is available on the Carnival site.

A lot of regulars give out a lot of information on here day after day ... much of the time never receiving a thank you or even an acknowledgment for spending their time to be helpful to newbees and veteran cruisers alike. With the exception of a small handful of trolls (found everywhere on the net) the folks on this site are helpful and giving.:)

Just saying ......

Yes the nasty responses were deleted, as they should have been. The reason I was pointing those things out was because of some of the responses that were deleted. I don't expect anyone to look anything up for me, but I know that there are many who KNOW these things, without looking it up! I hope you noticed the great BIG THANK YOU I gave to those of you who always provide nice answers. I certainly appreciate it!

I'm merely speculating here, but perhaps those bartenders were told that they couldn't serve to Cheers! holders for a Martini tasking?? Seem ludicrous, especially if one is buying their drinks. The only thing I can think of is that it would have violated the one drink every 5 minutes stipulation, as you would receive multiple drinks at once.

Yeah, sounds like a mis-interpretation of the Cheers rules. I cannot get the martini tasting via the Cheers package because it is the equivalent of two or more drinks. OK, got it. But to say I cannot buy it separately outside the package is ludicrous. Someone needs some training...

• 1 month later...
Wow, I think this is the most response I have ever gotten on a CC board. I guess its true when you ask a Liquor Package Question, it gets more attention. BUT I will say once again, that I DID search the Carnival site and I DID search the CC board, I did NOT find this answer to this question on either! I also want to say that even when I see redundant questions on here I certainly don't condescend anyone for asking them. Some of us don't have all the time in the world to be on here every day seeing them over and over again. Some folks are new and don't know all the options to find answers they seek. I am grateful to those that are on here a lot and have the time to answer the same questions again and again in a nice friendly manner! THANK YOU! To those that feel the need to be nasty, I can only assume you will have the need for a question one day and will be treated the same way you treat others. As they say, Karma is only a b*tch, if you are! Have a great day, everyone! Make it count!

Well said! I like you :-) and THANK YOU

I just wish you could buy it per person, because my wife does not drink, so no way it works for us. So I have to pay whatever.

It would not be worth it for us. We only drink, at the most, 3 alcohol drinks per day when on a cruise. Lordy, if I drank 15 drinks in a day, I’d end up in the ER, or dead first!! I can’t even imagine anyone drinking that much ! Lol! Who wants to spend their vacation so drunk they can’t remember it? Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It would not be worth it for us. We only drink, at the most, 3 alcohol drinks per day when on a cruise. Lordy, if I drank 15 drinks in a day, I’d end up in the ER, or dead first!! I can’t even imagine anyone drinking that much ! Lol! Who wants to spend their vacation so drunk they can’t remember it? Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cheers isn't worth it for us either, but just because you couldn't drink 15 in a day doesn't mean it isn't easy for someone else without getting drunk. You don't need even close to 15 to break even with Cheers, and many who purchase Cheers know they won't break even but are willing to pay extra for the A/I experience and know their total cost up front vs. worrying about a bill at the end.

A 15 drink example:

1. 9:00 Mimosa or Bloody Mary with brunch
  2. 10:00 Spiked coffee
  3. 11:00 Pool drink
  4. 12:00 Beer with lunch
  5. 2:00 afternoon pool drink
  6. 2:15 a different drink because you didn't like the first one (part of Cheers is not having to feel like you had to finish if you didn't like it/ability to try something different)
  7. 2:45 third pool drink since your second got melty/watered down (another Cheers perk of not finishing a drink)
  8. 5:00 pre dinner cocktail
  9. 6:00 glass of wine with dinner
  10. 6:30 second glass of wine
  11. 7:30 after dinner spiked coffee or other dessert drink
  12. 9:00 drink with show
  13. 10:00 drink after show
  14. 11:00 drink while dancing or listening to music
  15. 12:00 night cap

I couldn't do this every day, but for a vacation this really isn't heavy drinking.

Maybe purchase a bottle of alcohol from fun shops to be in your room day you sail out. My husband did that before cheers was offered on the shorter cruises and carried a flask and added to his sodas.

Get in some extra drinks with your free sodas?

• 2 weeks later...

Just be aware of your account and what's being charged. We do Cheers and our son likes virgin daiquiris. We werent happy to find that they were charging those out of our 15 after we were told they wouldn't so we added charging privileges to his SS card to avoid any confusion.

Just be aware of your account and what's being charged. We do Cheers and our son likes virgin daiquiris. We werent happy to find that they were charging those out of our 15 after we were told they wouldn't so we added charging privileges to his SS card to avoid any confusion.

You can't share Cheers - that's why you were charged.

Just saying ......

And just saying it very nicely....:D:)

Cheers isn't worth it for us either, but just because you couldn't drink 15 in a day doesn't mean it isn't easy for someone else without getting drunk. You don't need even close to 15 to break even with Cheers, and many who purchase Cheers know they won't break even but are willing to pay extra for the A/I experience and know their total cost up front vs. worrying about a bill at the end.

A 15 drink example:

1. 9:00 Mimosa or Bloody Mary with brunch
  2. 10:00 Spiked coffee
  3. 11:00 Pool drink
  4. 12:00 Beer with lunch
  5. 2:00 afternoon pool drink
  6. 2:15 a different drink because you didn't like the first one (part of Cheers is not having to feel like you had to finish if you didn't like it/ability to try something different)
  7. 2:45 third pool drink since your second got melty/watered down (another Cheers perk of not finishing a drink)
  8. 5:00 pre dinner cocktail
  9. 6:00 glass of wine with dinner
  10. 6:30 second glass of wine
  11. 7:30 after dinner spiked coffee or other dessert drink
  12. 9:00 drink with show
  13. 10:00 drink after show
  14. 11:00 drink while dancing or listening to music
  15. 12:00 night cap

I couldn't do this every day, but for a vacation this really isn't heavy drinking.

There you go, great answer on how to hit 15. No we usually stay up till about 2am or later. There have been time we had to find an open bar to hit the 15 drink limit.

Virgin drinks should not have counted against the 15 alcoholic drinks. If you were getting the drinks for you son you should have been charged the cost of the drink since sharing is not allowed. If you were getting a virgin drink for yourself, it should not count toward the 15 and you should not have been charged.

I also tried to do the martini tasting at Alchemy and they would not allow me to as it was multiple drinks served at once and that is not allowed with Cheers, but they wouldn't allow me to just purchase the tasting, either, because I had Cheers.;p;pclear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

That is really odd. I had Cheers last year on the Magic and had no issues doing the martini tasting at the Alchemy Bar. It's not included in the Cheers package so I had to pay for it, but they didn't even bat an eye when I ordered one.

There you go, great answer on how to hit 15. No we usually stay up till about 2am or later. There have been time we had to find an open bar to hit the 15 drink limit.

It seems easy to have one drink per hour for the part of the day that you are not sleeping... except that doing so would make me nap half the day! Plus your body can process one drink an hour so pacing yourself like that, you would never catch a buzz.

I have a habit to not drink anything until beer-thirty, and then lay it on heavy until dinner. After dinner, it's usually lights out and that's good because I can get up early, have a nice breakfast, explore the port, and repeat the process.

Those folks still partying at 2 am are probably sleeping in a lot later, perhaps not even leaving the ship until after lunch. Missing a lot of daylight, but if you prefer nightclubs to the outdoors, go for it. I used to do that when my primary objective was to find a member of the opposite sex who was drunker than I was. But those days are long gone :)