Current onboard booking offer

srdancer

You can book a RCCL cruise while on Celebrity, and vice versa. However, you will get the perks that RCCL is giving at that time, not Celebrity.

It is also my understanding that an Azamara Cruise can be booked onboard a Celebrity cruise.

Georgia_Peaches - The OBC that cruzzzinma is speaking of is an OBC that you can only get if booking onboard. It's in addition to whatever Celebrity is offering at the time, and also in addition to what a TA offers. The OBC is based on what type of stateroom you book and the length of the cruise. If we have a cruise we are interested in taking within 2 years of when we are onboard another cruise, we always book onboard to receive the extra OBC. Usually around $200-$300 in addition to the current perks offered by Celebrity and our TA.

For our upcoming cruise this May, we have $700 OBC to use. However, because we had not earlier planned on taking the upcoming cruise, we did not book this cruise while onboard. Had we done so, we would have had an extra $300 OBC on top of the $700 OBC. :eek:

BTW - This week, I received the following email from my online TA about Celebrity's latest Promotion...TRIPLE PLAY - Get all 3 (perks). See below:

Thank you for clarifying. I get it now.

Christina

Georgia_Peaches - The OBC that cruzzzinma is speaking of is an OBC that you can only get if booking onboard. It's in addition to whatever Celebrity is offering at the time, and also in addition to what a TA offers. The OBC is based on what type of stateroom you book and the length of the cruise. If we have a cruise we are interested in taking within 2 years of when we are onboard another cruise, we always book onboard to receive the extra OBC. Usually around $200-$300 in addition to the current perks offered by Celebrity and our TA.

For our upcoming cruise this May, we have $700 OBC to use. However, because we had not earlier planned on taking the upcoming cruise, we did not book this cruise while onboard. Had we done so, we would have had an extra $300 OBC on top of the $700 OBC. :eek:

BTW - This week, I received the following email from my online TA about Celebrity's latest Promotion...TRIPLE PLAY - Get all 3 (perks). See below:

Can you please tell me what Dates the Triple Play Promotion Applies to? Is this promotion coming out of Celebrity or your Online Travel Agent? I am looking to book a 2019 New England/Canada (not onboard} and it looks like only one perk is being offered for this 2019 cruise. Has anyone got a better promotion from Celebrity for 2019 NE/Canada cruise? I would appreciate your replies, thank you.

We booked on board the end of January for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise the first of Feb. 2019. We received 2 perks and and additional $150 OBC for booking on board. We then transferred the booking to our TA and received additional OBC. We have done this for the last 3-4 years and feel booking on board is a big plus.

Can you please tell me what Dates the Triple Play Promotion Applies to? Is this promotion coming out of Celebrity or your Online Travel Agent? I am looking to book a 2019 New England/Canada (not onboard} and it looks like only one perk is being offered for this 2019 cruise. Has anyone got a better promotion from Celebrity for 2019 NE/Canada cruise? I would appreciate your replies, thank you.

The "Triple Play...Get all Three" is a TA promotion. Celebrity is currently offering 2 perks. The TA gives one more, as always.;)

Here is the link to Celebrity's offer. Both Celebrity and TA offer is over on Friday.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/special-offer

If you want to look up the TA's offer, Google the promo listed in the quotation marks and add "Celebrity."

I checked the website for you and the 2019 cruises are not listed in this deal. Only the 2018 Fall NE/Canada cruises get 3 perks...until Friday.

If I’m on a cruise with my sister instead of my spouse, can I book a cruise for me and my husband (even though he’s not on the current cruise?)

Yes you can! Also, booking is allowed for additional cabins for those wanting to travel with you. We booked a cruise for DH and myself, plus two two other staterooms for our adult children when we were the only ones onboard. We have also booked for my brother and his wife.

Yes you can! Also, booking is allowed for additional cabins for those wanting to travel with you. We booked a cruise for DH and myself, plus two two other staterooms for our adult children when we were the only ones onboard. We have also booked for my brother and his wife.

Good to know. Thank you!

I will be having serious reservations about booking on board in future.

We booked our upcoming June cruise on the Summit whilst on the Equinox last year.

We got all the perks available, including drinks package, OBC plus the additional OBC for booking onboard, along with the gratuities included. We also benefited from the low deposit.

Coming upto final payment I made the fatal mistake of checking current prices. I discovered that if I wanted to book the stateroom next to the one we had booked, the price was considerably cheaper.

I informed my TA to see what he could do. being from the UK our TC's are different form those enjoyed in the US.

Turns out if we cancel and rebook, despite losing our original deposit and the additional OBC we are still saving around $600.

Guess what we did..........;);););););)

Just curious.

Is this not just a problem with UK reservation rules rather than an on-board booking problem. Wouldn't you have had the same problem booking a year in advance regardless of whether the booking was off-ship or on-board?

The "Triple Play...Get all Three" is a TA promotion. Celebrity is currently offering 2 perks. The TA gives one more, as always.;)

Here is the link to Celebrity's offer. Both Celebrity and TA offer is over on Friday.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/special-offer

If you want to look up the TA's offer, Google the promo listed in the quotation marks and add "Celebrity."

I checked the website for you and the 2019 cruises are not listed in this deal. Only the 2018 Fall NE/Canada cruises get 3 perks...until Friday.

Thank you for your reply. I guess I can wait to see what the next promotion will be when this promotion ends or just book and watch prices & promotions for the next 18 months 😉

We booked with that triple play agency the other day for Bermuda in July. It was a last minute decision for us. I would have preferred to wait until we on RCCL in May and try for the extra OBC Celebrity offers but with all three "perks" and some extra OBC from the TA it was too good to pass up. We also could have taken a senior rate or a state resident rate that was lower but no perks but more OBC from the TA....it sure gets complicated with all of these "deals"

Thank you for your reply. I guess I can wait to see what the next promotion will be when this promotion ends or just book and watch prices & promotions for the next 18 months 😉

We have done that on a number of cruises. Sometimes prices go up, sometimes they go down. Before the non-refundable days it was pretty easy to get the new lower price most of the time. Currently we have two cruises booked, on a year ago and one 6 months ago and both have gone waaaaay up in price.

I had forgotten about the non-refundable deposit thing that Celebrity has put into place. Haven't read about that in quite a while. And I don't believe that we ever received a notice about it from our TA. That's something to take into consideration if booking onboard. I guess that Future Reservations will explain things, but if you book a "future" cruise while onboard, can it be changed to another cruise without losing the deposit and perks?

I'm sure there will be many! ;) Although I did get that notice that Celebrity pricing will go up. :(

We booked with that triple play agency the other day for Bermuda in July. It was a last minute decision for us. I would have preferred to wait until we on RCCL in May and try for the extra OBC Celebrity offers but with all three "perks" and some extra OBC from the TA it was too good to pass up. We also could have taken a senior rate or a state resident rate that was lower but no perks but more OBC from the TA....it sure gets complicated with all of these "deals"

That's an understatement! :D

I had forgotten about the non-refundable deposit thing that Celebrity has put into place. Haven't read about that in quite a while. And I don't believe that we ever received a notice about it from our TA. That's something to take into consideration if booking onboard. I guess that Future Reservations will explain things, but if you book a "future" cruise while onboard, can it be changed to another cruise without losing the deposit and perks?

I'm sure there will be many! ;) Although I did get that notice that Celebrity pricing will go up. :(

While onboard the Eclipse in February we were given the choice of refundable or nonrefundable deposit.

Nonrefundable gave you a $300 OBC for the cruise but the restrictions about price reductions and moving the deposit were too restrictive for us so I booked the refundable.

Celebrity $100 deposit is fully refundable.

While onboard the Eclipse in February we were given the choice of refundable or nonrefundable deposit.

Nonrefundable gave you a $300 OBC for the cruise but the restrictions about price reductions and moving the deposit were too restrictive for us so I booked the refundable.

Thanks! Just what I needed to know. ;)

We booked on board the end of January for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise the first of Feb. 2019. We received 2 perks and and additional $150 OBC for booking on board. We then transferred the booking to our TA and received additional OBC. We have done this for the last 3-4 years and feel booking on board is a big plus.

Understandable that you might receive two perks when you booked on board, but not because you booked on board. The OBC and low deposit was probably because you booked on board.

Booking Celebrity Cruises with refundable and non refundable rates and hoping they don’t take away your perks in case you ask for a new price reduction has become an ordeal, booking used to be a pleasure I looked forward to, not anymore. As far as prices go they yo yo too, I have seen them decrease or increase during the night and change the following afternoon, it’s exhausting following all this ridiculous nonsense :eek:

Booking Celebrity Cruises with refundable and non refundable rates and hoping they don’t take away your perks in case you ask for a new price reduction has become an ordeal, booking used to be a pleasure I looked forward to, not anymore. As far as prices go they yo yo too, I have seen them decrease or increase during the night and change the following afternoon, it’s exhausting following all this ridiculous nonsense :eek:

We booked a future cruise while onboard Reflection in February and were given the refundable fare which is $150 pp higher than the nonrefundable fare. If you are sure you won't be making a change, you can choose to save the $150 pp with nonrefundable fare. I am not that confident when I book a cruise two years in the future.

Still see this as a win since we got two perks rather than one and $200 OBC.

We booked a future cruise while onboard Reflection in February and were given the refundable fare which is $150 pp higher than the nonrefundable fare. If you are sure you won't be making a change' date=' you can choose to save the $150 pp with nonrefundable fare. I am not that confident when I book a cruise two years in the future.

Still see this as a win since we got two perks rather than one and $200 OBC.[/quote']

So the refundable deposit onboard is $250 pp for non-suites stateroom. Is that correct? What is the refundable deposit should we book from home?

A question. My brother is cruising in May. Can he book a future cruise on board for me ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe that your brother may have to be going on the same booked cruise, however.

So the refundable deposit onboard is $250 pp for non-suites stateroom. Is that correct? What is the refundable deposit should we book from home?

I believe that your brother may have to be going on the same booked cruise, however.

Oh that won’t work then. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPad using Forums