Adventure moving to NJ?

DrDani226

Yes, it is always just a joke. I found no humor in your joke and surprised by the negative connotation you implied about the state I live in.

Has anyone ever made a positive connotation about NJ? I guess I've spent too much time in Newark to imagine that possible.

Yes, it is always just a joke. I found no humor in your joke and surprised by the negative connotation you implied about the state I live in.

What’s your problem? Looking to argue much? Jeez.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Beautiful rural areas.

Thank you Bob! I, for one appreciate that. There are many beautiful parts of NJ. Google Panther Valley, NJ (where I live) It is gorgeous here. Chester, Hackettstown, Long Valley....on and on. Yes, we have a few towns....Newark is a good example, that I will never step foot in, but I believe almost every State has "bad" towns.

Geezzzz....going on the Grandeur in November....looked for advice for hotel room pre-cruise. Highly advised .."do not walk in Baltimore at night" Huh? Maryland?

It truly amazes me about the cracks about NJ. It used to be the most populated state per capita. Why so many people?

... It truly amazes me about the cracks about NJ. It used to be the most populated state per capita. Why so many people?

Not trying to make a joke or be offensive, but maybe people moved out of New York? I read that people are flooding into Arizona and Nevada from California.

I'll see your joke and raise you:

Why is it that California has the most lawyers and New Jersey has the most toxic waste dumps?

New Jersey got first choice!

Good one. I’ve lived in New Jersey all of my nearly 72 years (OMG) and have grown a thick skin. We know our state rocks so have no problem at all with Jersey humor. I’m also Italian so get it from all sides.

As someone from NY, and as someone who goes to Cape May, NJ for vacation each year, the person’s joke was in no way offensive. As a born and raised northerner, and as someone who has sailed from both NYC/NJ and the Florida ports, I can tell you that I understand why Adventure’s crew referred to going to NJ it as their exile. The Florida ports are much nicer to sail from. Cleaner water, overall warmer weather, and more itineraries.

Also I can see from the crew's perspective there's not much near the port in Bayonne for them and getting into NYC from there can be a pain. Especially compared to the dock where NCL cruises from which is right on 12th ave.

As someone from NY, and as someone who goes to Cape May, NJ for vacation each year, the person’s joke was in no way offensive. As a born and raised northerner, and as someone who has sailed from both NYC/NJ and the Florida ports, I can tell you that I understand why Adventure’s crew referred to going to NJ it as their exile. The Florida ports are much nicer to sail from. Cleaner water, overall warmer weather, and more itineraries.

Edited by tedbearz

I'll see your joke and raise you:

Why is it that California has the most lawyers and New Jersey has the most toxic waste dumps?

New Jersey got first choice!

.I am so using that one.

Wow. Just saw this recently bumped thread. Bob is about the nicest guy on the Cruise Critic boards so it's ironic he managed to invoke some ire with what he surely intended as a light hearted dig. . . Anyway I have to live in Illinois which I am pretty sure is universally hated by everyone, including a lot of people who live here. Between our corrupt and financially inept governments and terrible winters, I can see the problem.

Regardless, I mostly like it, and really don't take the barbs to heart. I also liked NJ just fine when we visited NYC a few years back. We chose to stay at a hotel on the west bank of the Hudson in Jersey City where we could get a view of Manhattan rather than sleeping in Manhattan. Perfect choice.

Lastly we will be enjoying NJ again when we cruise out of Bayonne / Cape Liberty next August. Easier drive than Florida for us, and the cruise to Canada shouldn't be as hot as the Caribbean in late summer. Much appreciate Adventure leaving the sunshine behind for a few months each year to serve us.

Lol.... I love it. Born and raised in Northern NJ, and I'm lucky enough to look out my office window at the lovely Turnpike and Newark Airport. For you "Which Exit" Jokers, I'm 153B... And I will say.. 20 years in the Navy, I've lived in a few awesome places, such as Honolulu, HI and San Diego, CA - just to name a couple of the nicer ones... But those places don't hold a candle to what the great state of NJ has. NJ has it all and also, 3 hours in any direction are incredible destinations!!

There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who are from NJ and those who wish they were from NJ. Fair Wind and Following Seas Cruisers!!