How do small ships feel after Oasis Class?

It was a fun trip. Not easily repeated.

We need to compare notes on Serenade next year

Agree!

We've never been on Serenade or visited Brussels. We hope the crew is as good as the Jewel and Brilliance crews have been.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

An Alaska cruise in general attracts a slighty different crowd than a Caribbean. People are mostly on the cruise to see Alaska and the glaciars and not to party.

I know this one person who worked on the entertainment side on Carnival for several years (daytime DJ, trivia mc). Under one contract she was assigned to a ship cruising Australia. Partway through, it Trans-pacificed to do Alaska cruise. When it arrived for the first Alaska cruise, she was reassigned to another ship sailing either the Mexican Riveria (or perhaps the Caribbean), because they didn't need as many people to run entertainment activities.

No, I do not have a narrow scope for entertainment. Larger ships have multiple activities happening at the same time, smaller ships do not. As I suspected, the activities on our Radiance sailing were limited, the CD chose to highlight movies as a bulk of the entertainment and showed movie trailers as part of his morning show. There was one ping pong and one free throw tournament all week. No quest, just a family Quest on one evening. Many copies of Alaska compasses out there will prove it to you.

I can say there's a lot of people who are opsite of you. They like the smaller class ships and don't care for the mega ships.

Both have pros and cons and that's up to you. Quantum and Oasis class ship balcony's I think are way nicer than the Voyager class ships but some may not think that. Frankly, I'm just happy being on a cruise!!

I will say one thing about an Oasis ship.

Last week we had a midship balcony on Deck 6. I clocked 6,000 steps a day without trying. Not sure if that's good or bad. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I will say one thing about an Oasis ship.

Last week we had a midship balcony on Deck 6. I clocked 6,000 steps a day without trying. Not sure if that's good or bad. [emoji6]

After out 4 weeks on the Mariner we were only home for 11 days before boarding the Radiance. It was the first time the Radiance seemed small to me. I remember when it first came out and I thought it was big. I can also remember when I first boarded the Rhapsody and compared to anything else we had been on it was big.

After Oasis, we enjoyed the smaller ships much more. We felt less crowded on the Radiance and Vision class ships.

Totally agree. It was nice to sail the Oasis class ships but my DH and I feel they are just too crowded, especially on rainy days! We’re going back to the Freedom and Vioyager classes.

We sail small ships for itineraries and big ships for onboard entertainment. Currently booked on Majesty for Cuba having sailed Majesty many times we know what to expect. Also booked on Oasis for the 5th time. Difference is we won't get off Oasis and don't even care where it's going we just like the floating resort.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think Quamtun class ships are the second largest cruise ships currently sailing.Maybe it is because of the layout of Anthem that makes it seem small. I think the Royal Promenade makes a ship feel bigger, even if it isn't.

I haven't done the Q class yet, how does the Royal Esplande(sp) differ from the Royal Promenade on the Voyager through Oasis class ships?

I haven't done the Q class yet, how does the Royal Esplande(sp) differ from the Royal Promenade on the Voyager through Oasis class ships?
Apparently not as wide and very crowded. Also not as tall, maybe only 2 decks

Yes, Esplanade is not as wide and not as long and the Royal Promenade.

Me too! Plus I like the feel of being on a ship on the ocean more than being at a resort with pretty much no feel of the ocean.
Have you sailed an Oasis ship.

Plenty of movement

One of the reasons shows get cancelled.

Have you sailed an Oasis ship.

Plenty of movement

One of the reasons shows get cancelled.

Maybe he meant view of the ocean....

We love the Nordic Empress now Empress OTS and the Splendour OTS. Only 1 time sailed Oasis and never will sail it again we jump to Celebrity, more oriented for adults, real cruise not amusement park at sea, best food service, etc.

Maybe he meant view of the ocean....

Maybe, I saw plenty of ocean from decks 15 and 16 aft though. View from pool deck is the same as any other Royal ship in my opinion.

Maybe, I saw plenty of ocean from decks 15 and 16 aft though. View from pool deck is the same as any other Royal ship in my opinion.

No views of the ocean in any public spaces inside the ship.

Dining Room, I think. Don't go there much anymore[emoji6]

Fabulous views from Coastal Kitchen and SL

Dining Room, I think. Don't go there much anymore[emoji6]

Fabulous views from Coastal Kitchen and SL

Not the DL in the steerage.....lol

Or anyplace we may play trivia or dance.

Not the DL in the steerage.....lol

Or anyplace we may play trivia or dance.

Only on Harmony and Symphony

For now....

Isn't dancing usually in the evening.

Not much view.

Played 4 weeks of Progressive Trivia on Mariner. Lotus Lounge. Curtains drawn.

Schooner is good though. I like to sit in the windows

Decent view in Windjammer I believe.

All kidding aside, we found some nice chairs on deck 15 just before ping pong tables.

And deck 7 aft is good. Old fashion team chairs.

Same thing people used to say about the Voyager and Freedom class ship until they had the Oasis class to pick on.

Rub it in.

The topic of Ocean views on this class, does bring up a very minor point that is growing to an obsession with me. I think they would open up the bow to the public on this glass like they do on Radiance through Freedom. I will get out there on Symphony, even if its the last day. Maybe especially on the last day so I don't get thrown off at a remote port.