How do small ships feel after Oasis Class?

The topic of Ocean views on this class, does bring up a very minor point that is growing to an obsession with me. I think they would open up the bow to the public on this glass like they do on Radiance through Freedom. I will get out there on Symphony, even if its the last day. Maybe especially on the last day so I don't get thrown off at a remote port.

No access to the bow is a thorn with me too. It really annoys me when I'm on a V/F class ship and they close it off for some reason. It is just a special place for me and especially at night.

The topic of Ocean views on this class, does bring up a very minor point that is growing to an obsession with me. I think they would open up the bow to the public on this glass like they do on Radiance through Freedom. I will get out there on Symphony, even if its the last day. Maybe especially on the last day so I don't get thrown off at a remote port.
They do yoga classes there.

For a fee. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll be on the Radiance sailing Alaska in August and I just returned from sailing on HOTS.

So, my experience is more the "opposite". I've sailed on Navigator, Serenade, Adventure, Liberty, Brilliance, and now Harmony.

I loved our Central Park balcony rooms on Deck 10. We were right above the evening's entertainment and got to listen to lovely classical guitar and piano. Plus, it was so peaceful to hear the breeze in the foliage. The room was the biggest I'd been in and it was very lovely. Tons of storage and really well thought out design.

Favorite cabin by far (but I've never been in a suite).

The ship was huge and crammed full of activities. I was on a 7-day cruise and didn't get into lots of venues, though I tried. My daughter never even laid eyes on the WJ!

The pools were crowded and I really missed the Solarium pool. Still, for its size and being completely sold out, the ship managed that number of passengers amazing well. We had great service and a fabulous time. I'd sail on her again, but more with the intention of staying on the ship and enjoying the ship when people are off it, whereas for me the smaller ships were always about the ports.

I truly loved Serenade and Brilliance (wish they'd get rid of the annoying shower curtains, though) and I'm looking forward to the Radiance in Alaska. Liberty was a great ship with tons to do and convenient (since I can reasonably drive to Galveston in a long day).

Totally less smitten with Navigator and I was all about the ports when sailing on Adventure so the Voyager class doesn't stick out in my mind.

I'm really glad we took the entire family on HOTS. No one could ever claim they were bored. But I actually could have used a few less activities! (kidding)

It's clearly all about personal preference and needs and wants change. I'm sure you'll have a great time if you set your expectations for what the ship is going to offer versus what the itinerary will.

I hope you have a great cruise!

I've been on the Allure and the Oasis, and then went on the Liberty. I admit that I did love the big ships, but I had a great time on the Liberty, and didn't find it lacking or (tiny) at all. It was probably one of my favorite cruises, and one of the reasons was that the staff was very attentive, and you got to know more of them. Now we are booked on the Jewel, which I believe is smaller than the Liberty. I'm not worried at all. I might miss the water show, but other than that, no biggie.

I've been on the Allure and the Oasis, and then went on the Liberty. I admit that I did love the big ships, but I had a great time on the Liberty, and didn't find it lacking or (tiny) at all. It was probably one of my favorite cruises, and one of the reasons was that the staff was very attentive, and you got to know more of them. Now we are booked on the Jewel, which I believe is smaller than the Liberty. I'm not worried at all. I might miss the water show, but other than that, no biggie.
Liberty is the 11th largest cruise ship in the world. It was in top 10 until Symphony launched.

Liberty is the 11th largest cruise ship in the world. It was in top 10 until Symphony launched.

I had the same thought. When we started cruising ships were around 20,000 grt.

It would be interesting to get on a ship that size these days to make a comparison.

And yet it's still smaller than the Oasis and Allure. Not sure why you called me out.
I was just expanding.

FWIW, the OP was asking for comparisons of small ships, not smaller ships. [emoji6]

I have not been on Oasis, but going down to Indy, Liberty or Adventure should be awesome; unless you zip line the whole cruise. I liked the diamond club on Adventure, because it had an inside & out. Nothing beats that corner aft wrapped balcony on Vision for not a Kings ransom, sailing away from Cozumel with an awesome sun setting having birthday dinner of Prime Rib and Lobster. I had a great time, but Brillance is my favorite, Adventure is a close second.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

I have not been on Oasis, but going down to Indy, Liberty or Adventure should be awesome; unless you zip line the whole cruise. I liked the diamond club on Adventure, because it had an inside & out. Nothing beats that corner aft wrapped balcony on Vision for not a Kings ransom, sailing away from Cozumel with an awesome sun setting having birthday dinner of Prime Rib and Lobster. I had a great time, but Brillance is my favorite, Adventure is a close second.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

Just not a fan of eating on balcony. I don't get it. To much wind, to humid, to hot. I really don't remember when I ate on our condo balcony.

Just not a fan of eating on balcony. I don't get it. To much wind, to humid, to hot. I really don't remember when I ate on our condo balcony.

John, I don't often disagree with you but dinner on a balcony can be wonder full. Wife and I just finished a bottle of cab, two ribeyes from costco, and some tator tots from our balcony overlooking VHCC country club. Life is good.

John, I don't often disagree with you but dinner on a balcony can be wonder full. Wife and I just finished a bottle of cab, two ribeyes from costco, and some tator tots from our balcony overlooking VHCC country club. Life is good.
I hear you, just don't enjoy it.

Now having a drink, that I can get into.

71babf662e5b78bdfa5e15ea23cb8d14.jpg

I had the same thought. When we started cruising ships were around 20,000 grt.

It would be interesting to get on a ship that size these days to make a comparison.

Remember boarding brand new Sovereign, largest cruise ship in world. Every time we pulled into a port looking down on tiny Love Boat size ships all at 8-19K GRT. Every decade except this one Royal ships have doubled. 16/37/74/137/225K GRT. Got an old 1970s picture with 12 ships at Port of Miami, all docked on the Main Channel side, total passengers of all less then on 2 Oasis Class...