Getaway/Margaritaville question

spielbank

My friend also read somewhere on the boards (I can't find) that the UBP no longer works at Margaritaville.
This is fake news. If it were factual, it would just about kill any traffic that the venue still gets, which isn't much to begin with.

On the Escape right now. Margaritaville is $14.99 per person plus gratuity.

Well, at least the price went down.

I was on Escape last week and it was $16.95 per person plus 20% gratuity. I guess they are trying to find some sweet spot if they keep changing the prices!

I was on Escape last week and it was $16.95 per person plus 20% gratuity. I guess they are trying to find some sweet spot if they keep changing the prices!

Don't you love being treated like a guinea pig with your hard earned vacation dollars? :p

Don't you love being treated like a guinea pig with your hard earned vacation dollars? :p

I was actually considering eating there, but they wouldn't let us sit in the empty restaurant section with the drinks we had just purchased (no UBP) at the Margaritaville Bar on the first day. So my husband and son swore off Margaritaville for the rest of the cruise.

Save

I was actually considering eating there, but they wouldn't let us sit in the empty restaurant section with the drinks we had just purchased (no UBP) at the Margaritaville Bar on the first day. So my husband and son swore off Margaritaville for the rest of the cruise.

Save

They need to keep those seats open for the crowds of people paying $20/pp :')

• Like 1

I was actually considering eating there, but they wouldn't let us sit in the empty restaurant section with the drinks we had just purchased (no UBP) at the Margaritaville Bar on the first day. So my husband and son swore off Margaritaville for the rest of the cruise. Save

I suppose that's no different than any other bar/restaurant on the ship. You aren't going to buy a drink at Prime Meridian then go sit in Cagney's to enjoy it. You aren't going to buy a drink at the Chill Bar and sit in Margaritaville to enjoy it.

So, you're saying that when you were on Escape this past December 2017, Margaritaville had a cover charge? If so, I wonder when that started. I was on Escape in September 2017 and the menu was a la carte.

It started the week before Thanksgiving if I remember correctly.

Yes, please let us know what you find out when you cruise. My friend also read somewhere on the boards (I can't find) that the UBP no longer works at Margaritaville. Could you also respond on that after your cruise? Thanks everyone for the info.

As of last month, on the Escape, that was not the case -- UBP worked at the Margaritaville bar.

Sailed Escape September 2017 and Margaritaville was a la carte and had a nice crowd every day. We truly enjoyed it and thought the prices fair.

We're booked on Getaway September 2018. Just went to NCL website and saw that Margaritaville is listed under "Specialty Dining":

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/whats-on-board/specialty-dining

Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Sea

Take a bite out of paradise with signature items like Cheeseburger in Paradise. Sip on a Who's to Blame Margarita. Or sit back and groove along to island-inspired live music at this dining venue.

• Price Per Person: $14.95 USD Adult

Additionally, we sailed Getaway in 2016 and it had Shanghai Noodle Bar which was no additional charge. Loved it!

Remember reading a while back, that Shanghai's on Getaway would be done away with in an upcoming drydock... But I see it listed on NCL website still... and as complimentary:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/whats-on-board/dining

I know things on NCL site can sometimes be not up to date...

For those who've sailed Getaway in the last 2 months or so, was Shanghai's there? And was it complimentary?

Sailed Escape September 2017 and Margaritaville was a la carte and had a nice crowd every day. We truly enjoyed it and thought the prices fair.

We're booked on Getaway September 2018. Just went to NCL website and saw that Margaritaville is listed under "Specialty Dining":

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/whats-on-board/specialty-dining

Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Sea

Take a bite out of paradise with signature items like Cheeseburger in Paradise. Sip on a Who's to Blame Margarita. Or sit back and groove along to island-inspired live music at this dining venue.

• Price Per Person: $14.95 USD Adult

Now the restaurant is empty which also throws the vibe off. When I booked Escape, the menu's online showed a la carte and we had planned on eating there at least 3 or 4 times. The location of the restaurant, type of food, margaritas and decent pricing seems like a winning concept. We were very disappointed when we got onboard and it was $16.95/pp. Still ate there once, way overpriced, and the place was empty and felt "weird."

Off the Getaway on the 11th. Margaritaville was still ala Carte (plus gratuity) and you could walk up to the bar and get drinks from the UDP whenever it was open.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So you disembarked on March 11th and Margaritaville was still a la carte?

Thanks to all those who responded to my posts/questions!!

Great to hear that Getaway's Margaritaville was still a la carte on recent sailings and that Shanghai's was still there AND complimentary!!

Hope NCL keeps it that way going forward!! We cruise this September!!

Additionally, we sailed Getaway in 2016 and it had Shanghai Noodle Bar which was no additional charge. Loved it!

Remember reading a while back, that Shanghai's on Getaway would be done away with in an upcoming drydock... But I see it listed on NCL website still... and as complimentary:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/whats-on-board/dining

I know things on NCL site can sometimes be not up to date...

For those who've sailed Getaway in the last 2 months or so, was Shanghai's there? And was it complimentary?

On Getaway in January it was there and it was complimentary. We ate there twice and enjoyed it.

I am on the Getaway as we speak. 3/25-4/1 sailing.

Margaritaville is a $14.95 flat fee. (at least on this cruise). They accepted UBP with no problem.

Margaritaville is open for breakfast each morning as one of the complimentary breakfast options and then switches to the $14.95 flat fee for lunch. It is not open for dinner.

Margaritaville was available for free to Haven guests on the first day, which I did take advantage. When we were there I did see two people just having drinks at the bar, so not sure if you can or cannot just have drinks at the bar without paying the cover charge.

Food is good. We will probably go back for lunch before our cruise ends. Even with the cover charge.

Let me know if anyone has any questions while I am still on board.

Nope, they changed it. Last week on Escape it was $16.99 per person plus 20% gratuity (so over $20 per person), I think the Getaway is the same. Had a drink there the first day and that was it. They wouldn't even let us sit in the low tables reserved for dining to drink the drinks we had purchased (no UBP) there, even though the place was empty. I have seen some reports on another site that they will allow 2 people to split the cost (i.e. two people can sit there an eat one app, one entree and one dessert for one cover charge).

We were there last week and they would not let us "split the cost". We had to both pay.