Crown Princess Dry Dock Photos

CineGraphic

We were on Crown the ABC cruise just before dry dock and we did see some of the work being done was noisy one day at the pool no it was not pleasant that day we had midship cabins so did not hear the back noise. I feel the next cruise coming out of dry dock will still hear some of that noise get ready.

Thanks for sharing! Very interesting since we were just on her.

One of my girlfriends is an interior designer with a different cruiseline and goes on and is one of the people who oversees the work while in dry dock. It’s very interesting to listen to her stories. The work goes on 24 hours a day. She gets to travel to different area of the world where they work on the ships.

Thanks! We were on the Crown in Feb. and will be on it again June 2 for a 21 day Med. cruise starting and ending in Barcelona. We are excited to see the changes!

We'll be on the same cruise and looking forward to the updates. Everything should be done well before our cruise.

If they are putting down cable, that's a great sign of improved internet! I'll be on the Crown in late May. I don't care about the Ocean Medallion, but after having cruised on the Regal this past January with the greatly-improved internet, I was dreading the old slower-than-dial-up internet on the Crown. Let's hope that internet antennas and wiring are one of the items on the dry-dock list!

My last trip on the Crown, was her second infamous voyage. After watching myself on CNN that trip, I am confident it will be better. Glad it is being refurbished before our trip in June so it will be as sparkling as it was then. Fingers crossed for an incident free voyage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great pictures. Looks like a major refit and refurb being preformed in many areas.

Also, the internet reveals the following:

Adding a new bow livery,

All cabins upgraded to luxury beds,

Extensive renovation of the Lotus Spa & Fitness Center, retail shops, corridors, hallways

New Princess Theater LED screen

New production show - Bravo

New category cabins -- Club Class Mini Suites

John

Unfortunately dry dock work started the week before official dry dock ...... on the ABC cruise. The noise from sanders, sledge hammers and saws did not create a relaxing environment on balconies near the back. Pictures show the aft childrens' pool being dismantled as well as the pipes around the funnel. We did not feel we came back new....

Seems other cruise lines also begin dry dock on the cruise prior to official dry dock. Have read posts of others who have been upset with venues closed due to a head start on work on their cruise prior to dry dock. I really need to remember this and take notice when booking.

Has been reported that work may not all be completed during dry dock and work continues through the first cruise after. Seems wise to avoid these two times of dry dock.

So, she is back in PE. Does anybody have any photos/details on what was done?

Nobody has boarded yet. Because of a U.S. Public Health inspection following drydock, check in doesn't begin till 2 p.m. It's just 12:30 here now.

Jim

Unfortunately dry dock work started the week before official dry dock ...... on the ABC cruise. The noise from sanders, sledge hammers and saws did not create a relaxing environment on balconies near the back. Pictures show the aft childrens' pool being dismantled as well as the pipes around the funnel. We did not feel we came back new....

Wow, that's interesting as we were on the same cruise and didn't see any of this. Only thing we noticed was some sanding-type noise and some hammering during the daytime. We didn't actually SEE any indication of work being done and were told by our cabin steward that they were already working on renovating the crew areas on the lower decks. (I think Deck 3?). We were aft but not as far back as you. Sorry that affected your cruise. That's one thing people should consider when booking the last cruise before drydock and the first cruise after a drydock. We really expected to see more work being done.

Wow, that's interesting as we were on the same cruise and didn't see any of this. Only thing we noticed was some sanding-type noise and some hammering during the daytime. We didn't actually SEE any indication of work being done and were told by our cabin steward that they were already working on renovating the crew areas on the lower decks. (I think Deck 3?). We were aft but not as far back as you. Sorry that affected your cruise. That's one thing people should consider when booking the last cruise before drydock and the first cruise after a drydock. We really expected to see more work being done.

Interesting - particularly the bit about the new beds ! I hear it was about time !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums