Why do you choose to cruise?

cw2go

Why do I cruise?

Well, unlike what many of you said, I DO cruise for the food, but its not what you think. I don't even have to think about where I want to eat. I know where I need to go. (8pm my table) and menu.

But seriously, the cruise takes care of everything. All I have to do, is wake up look at my cruise compass and just go to the floor I want to go for whatever activity. Food is readily available and I don't have to think about it. I don't have to think about my room. I don't have to think about driving. I don't have to make any real decisions except what I want to do right then and there. And in port days, I've already gotten that planned out already, so I don't have to think.

And price-wise, its the best bang for your buck. Sure, Royal Caribbean is not the cheapest, but it doesn't have to be. But its a product I like using and I will sail Royal Caribbean, or Princess, or Celebrity, or Carnival, just to give them a shot because they're all just as good, some prioritize things slightly differently, but its all the same product. Its a vacation.

I worry when i get back home after 7 - 10 - 15 nights and think "Do i even remember how to drive?". It takes a day to realize I have to be responsible and make life decisions again after disembarking.

Some people are happiest when they are grumbling.

If these things really upset them that much, they would stop cruising and stop hanging out on cruise forums.

:D

When I was in the Navy, the old axiom was "A b*****g sailor is a happy sailor"....

I am curious, (In no way do I mean this snarky or sarcastically)

Lately, I've read so many negatives and less than stellar opinions of onboard service, experiences and quality of cruising that I'm honestly asking those of you who sail frequently, what keeps bringing you back?

I often see complaints from long time cruisers and of those many still have upcoming sailings in their signature. I also see this is common with Celebrity. (from chair hogs to web site issues and everything in between) So for you, what outweighs these grumbles and keeps you cruising rather than jumping ship? :ship:

Thanks in advance,

Patty

Everything we do is planned around the next cruise. We worked hard all our lives to have the ability to cruise at least 10 times a year. We love it and will never get tired of it. Love everything about it. Unlike others, we don't complain, we love the ships, the food, the service, etc. I am not cooking or cleaning so I am totally good!

Value for what you get is awesome, we love the Caribbean beaches and just plain love going to our favorite caribbean ports and relaxing on the beach for the day

So many great reasons to cruise have been mentioned already. I would only add that the only time I sleep like a baby is when I'm on a ship.

I find I sleep much better on a ship than I do at home also. Maybe I am more relaxed on ship or maybe it is the motion that helps me sleep.

At this point in my life, cruising is the only vacation that gets me to a port in a three hour drive or less, provides me with entertainment, food, drink, service, and the opportunity to participate in activities if I so choose.

I'm a traveler, and cruising is my choice of travel at this point. Cruising is my great escape. My next one will be the longest, and our 6th time.

I am a new cruiser, have only been on one but have 4 more in the pipes.

I am a single, older woman and reality is, it is safer for me to be on a cruise ship. I do not have to worry about transportation to go to places (I can take an excursion), I don't have to figure out where to eat and how to get there, drive in strange places etc. I can get on a ship, it takes me to where I want to go, everything is on the ship. I feel for an older single female, I am safer.

Forgot to mention I liked to walk around the promenade or just sit on a deck chair and watch the water go by. FYI, while this is a Royal Caribbean thread I personally would stick to somewhat smaller, ships no more than 3000 travelers. Personal preference.

I agree with all the previous posts especially the last one. One thought that was not mentioned is that there is a doctor on board. My husband experienced seizures for 12 years after having viral incelephitis. It was an easy way to travel with some one who has to rest. In the last 1 1/2 the doctors found a med that stopped the seizures but we still cruise because we love it.

Why do I cruise..... let me count the waves.

I like to walk, talk, eat, lounge, read and look at the waves.

I like going in and out of ports and as the ships leaves I like the waves back and forth between ships.

Seriously though, for solo travelers it is safe, fun and so many different kinds of people to meet and chat with. Too often I go home wishing I could take a few folks with me. I like hello's and hate goodbyes

So as I leave a ship I give it a WAVE and say I be back soon on another one ready to explore.

I agree with the above reasons. The first thing I do in the cabin, is put my phone in the safe. I go to relax, see other places, even if I've been there before, have pretty good food, very good entertainment for the most part. If I were to do all these things from a hotel room, it would cost a fortune. Now for between $2 and $3,000.00, I can have my cake and eat it too.

Our phones go in the safe as well - love that my daughter is not connected for a week. She's out on the ship making friend with other teens.

Cruising allows us to spend time as a family but also allows my husband and I to have some couple time as well. Our daughter loved the kids clubs when she was young and her time there gave us time as a couple. Now she is a teenager and we only really see her at dinner (she's required to have dinner with us) the rest of the time she is hanging with other teens.

Cruising gives you the chance to see different places even if it's only for a few hours. We've been on 5 Caribbean cruises now and we found an island that we would love to go back and explore more and hope to do that some day, but it is someplace we probably would have never thought of going to if it wasn't for the fact that we visited there on the same cruise as a couple of ports we specifically wanted to visit.

We are doing a European cruise next year and am looking forward to getting a taste of several cities and countries.

Other peoples complaints and bad reviews are just that .... other peoples. I don't even concern myself about what other think.

Jokingly laugh and tell people I'm going on my week of assisted living when leaving for a cruise. Don't have to clean the room, worry about fresh linen and towels, entertainment galore if interested, food a plenty that I don't have to cook and the hotel moves with me. What's not to like about cruising !

We love all travel, and have been fortunate enough to experience many land trips and quite a few cruises.

My land trips aren't usually restful--we love cities and push our selves to see museums, historic sights, and experience the local culture through restaurants and markets. Our land trips require more planning and logistics to fit everything in.

Our cruises-usually twice a year-are our time to disconnect, read, nap, and be fed and entertained. Most of our cruises have been to the Caribbean, and we use them to distress and unwind. Besides being fed and entertained, I don't feel like I have to be accomplishing something, so let's cruise again!

Barb