Warning - Internet on Carnival Glory

jas1178

I felt bad for all those that needed to check in for flight, print boarding passes, and more. I was taking my kids spring break, while still needing to stay connected with work. In addition, I am a college student that needed to take a quiz, submit a paper, and do simple browsing online. I ended up calling my professor (USING WIFI CALLING WHICH WORKED PERFECTLY) to let her know my dilemma. With Wifi Calling working flawlessly, it was NOT a bandwidth problem...its a configuration/routing issue.

Does wifi calling work with the social plan? I've always wanted to try it, but don't want to get hit with surprise charges.

Dictate, no....Just a recommendation....work will be there when you get back.....since we are quoting song titles, i want to tell these people to be more like Elsa and "Let It Go, Let It Go"....put down the laptop and go enjoy your cruise ;)

Folks, we have a new troll, let's not feed the troll. I can have laptop, iPad, iPhone, and still enjoy my cruise. Mind your own business. This is my last response to the troll

Does wifi calling work with the social plan? I've always wanted to try it, but don't want to get hit with surprise charges.
According to Carnival, it is not available through the Social plan, but I don't have first-hand experience. I have read instances on these boards of people (on the Social plan) being able to voice and video chat using the fb messenger app. It's been a while since I've seen anyone say that, though. Your mileage may vary.

According to Carnival, it is not available through the Social plan, but I don't have first-hand experience. I have read instances on these boards of people (on the Social plan) being able to voice and video chat using the fb messenger app. It's been a while since I've seen anyone say that, though. Your mileage may vary.

I tried FB calling my friends on the Glory before they left Saturday. They have the Social plan and it wouldn’t connect. Tried multiple times.

I tried FB calling my friends on the Glory before they left Saturday. They have the Social plan and it wouldn’t connect. Tried multiple times.
Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen people say they've done it. The way people talk, it seems as if the overall service is going downhill. Lack of network maintenance, possibly? Have your friends speak to the captain and tell him to get their s**t together by June. :D

Speaking of internet for "work". we are headed to Grand Turk and need to do 1/2 to 1 hour of work. Does Margaritaville have a decent signal? I also want to download another Kindle book.

Were you able to get wifi in Grand Turk at Margaritaville yesterday? When we were there in January we could not get it due to the hurricane damage. Wonder if it's fixed?

Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen people say they've done it. The way people talk, it seems as if the overall service is going downhill. Lack of network maintenance, possibly? Have your friends speak to the captain and tell him to get their s**t together by June. :D

Ha! I told them to get the webcams working. They mentioned it to someone onboard and they said “They’re broke”. No kidding!!!!! Apparently no one on the entire ship knows how to fix them? Good luck with the internet :).

He had someone step in to run things and hold down the fort while he was gone....problem solved [emoji106]. More people should do that. Problem with some people’s personality is they are control freaks with the mindset of “Well if I don’t do it, it won’t get done right”. They like to think they are smarter and more important than they actually are

Being complacent and over confident at work are a bad thing. If someone can just step in and take over while you are gone, you clearly are expendable and replaceable at your work place. Luckily, many of us are not in your shoes and are asked to keep in touch with our work place while we are cruising.

Being complacent and over confident at work are a bad thing. If someone can just step in and take over while you are gone, you clearly are expendable and replaceable at your work place.

Let you in on a little secret....about 95% of the workforce is expendable and replaceable. There are way to many people who think "they cant get along without me and what i do"....guess what, that person usually is not that important (y)

Carnival - Fix the issues, and don't just keep issuing refunds!

Hopefully they listen! On RCCL the internet is so fast/stable you can watch Netflix or even FaceTime with friends and family back home.

We had the same issues with our internet on the Pride and Sunshine, and they just refunded us our money. But you are right, the internet was so horrible, it was more of a headache, never loading anything, always losing connection, etc. The technology exists for a better Wi-Fi experience at Sea Carnival, so upgrade please! :D

Let you in on a little secret....about 95% of the workforce is expendable and replaceable. There are way to many people who think "they cant get along without me and what i do"....guess what, that person usually is not that important (y)

Glad most of us here are the 5% unlike you. But that's ok you don't feel this way. You see, some of our bosses actually told us we play an important role and have a unique set of skills at work. My boss actually pays for my internet package while I am on vacation so I can keep tabs on things and stay in touch with him while I am on the ship, something you obviously don't understand or have experienced first hand.

Glad most of us here are the 5% unlike you. But that's ok you don't feel this way. You see, some of our bosses actually told us we play an important role and have a unique set of skills at work. My boss actually pays for my internet package while I am on vacation so I can keep tabs on things and stay in touch with him while I am on the ship, something you obviously don't understand or have experienced first hand.

LOL, i can see you dont have a self esteem issue....I never said many of us arent good at our jobs or play an important role....That doesnt mean you arent expendable or replaceable. A "unique" skill set is subjective. I consider a neurosurgeon as a "unique skill set". A middle manager at a corporation can be excellent at their job, doesnt mean they arent expendable or replaceable

Edited by Oh Not Him Again

wow saint Greg.. i have read four threads this morning.. you seem to have a snarky attitude as it relates to what people should be commenting on, ( YET you comment yourself)

i started a thread asking why people want dailies.. very interesting replies.. and your comment was telling me to not worry about it, if i dont like it move on, and why start a thread on it... and VOILA here you are again, telling another to find a thread where he or she can contribute something of value?? and yep, you commented yet again

why not skip over it, ignore it, it doesnt interest you, do as you suggest others do good grief

You may want to reread that thread. Because I’m not the one who said that.

missing your point

i asked why people want dailies and got very good answers, and said so several times. Its quite interesting

I didn’t say what you said I did. Check post 34.

1ef9dde9f5562c74cba710807ad6dd52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are correct and i stand corrected sorry about that

But to answer your question. This stuff does interest me. I get premium internet every cruise. I read fun times ahead of my cruises and give back by sharing mine on here during my cruises. I like to watch tv while I’m getting ready in the morning/evening and before bed....and I didn’t like the tv options last cruise. So if you see me being snarky it would be towards someone who doesn’t use any of those things but wants to come on those threads and tell us we shouldn’t be using internet or tv on our cruise. Who are they to decide that?. I don’t use the spa...but you won’t find me on a spa thread telling people who do use it that its a waste of time or money or carnival should get rid of it because I don’t use it. So yes in my opinion people who don’t turn on the TV or use the internet..People who want to “unplug”...should avoid those threads instead of telling us we shouldn’t be using them.

I was on the conquest last week and had the same issues, Internet and LAN was down for a whole day, Couldn't even use chat. Then when it did come back up it was inconstant. Would go up and down the whole cruise. This post reminds me I need to call Carnival and complain.

wow saint Greg.. i have read four threads this morning.. you seem to have a snarky attitude as it relates to what people should be commenting on, ( YET you comment yourself)

i started a thread asking why people want dailies.. very interesting replies.. and your comment was telling me to not worry about it, if i dont like it move on, and why start a thread on it... and VOILA here you are again, telling another to find a thread where he or she can contribute something of value?? and yep, you commented yet again

why not skip over it, ignore it, it doesnt interest you, do as you suggest others do good grief

Saint Greg's first post in that thread was saying why heliked to look at the Fun Times. Later, he posted an animated "clapping" .gif in reply to watermelonqueen99's comment. She was the one who asked why you started a thread about it. Maybe that caused the confusion. But watermelonqueen also said, "Skip the threads that are asking for the FunTimes and move on." I could be mistaken, and he can clarify, but I think that's what Greg posted the clapping .gif for, because he's said the same thing many of us have in the past...people who don't care about a topic should just move on instead of being rude about it.

As for Oh Not Him Again, a couple of us have figured out that he is more than likely a former user by another name, which we're pretty sure we know, that's been inactive for several months. Probably because that account was banned for acting in the exact same manner Oh Not does. But now he's been inactive for a couple days, so he may have gotten the boot again. If so, I'm sure he'll pop up with yet another name.