Scared about the Dream

bougiet

Same thing here after DH booked our Ecstasy cruise, I looked at reviews that pretty much equated the ship to a rusted garbage scow, the food was poison, the cabin was a deathtrap, the shows were horrible and traumatic, etc. and then you had the ones were people really enjoyed their cruise. And guess what? the positive reviews were right and we had a blast. I don't put stock in the overly dramatic negative reviews.

Ha ha ha! You described the reviews I read about Carnival Holiday back in 2008 to the "t". If I had paid attention to them, I would have never went on a cruise. We LOVED that ship!

Ha ha ha! You described the reviews I read about Carnival Holiday back in 2008 to the "t". If I had paid attention to them, I would have never went on a cruise. We LOVED that ship!

I loved the Celebration back in 2007. For a small 20 year old ship, it provided a great cruise! I'm so glad I got a chance to experience a piece of Carnival history, I say that because that ship was like a time capsule! :D

The Dream is a such fantastic ship!! It's our fave! We were on her in Nov 2016 - loved the ship so much that we booked the same ship for the next year before we got back to port. Our Nov 2017 cruise was after her dry dock where they added Guys Burger and Blue Iguana Cantina among other things, and it made it that much better!! [emoji4]

We were just on the Vista in February 2018 and agreed that even though the Vista was a very nice ship, too (and so new!), we still like the Dream better.

You have nothing to worry about - you're going to have a great time!!

I remember when sailing on an “old” ship meant that your ship was 50 years old, not 9. [emoji23]

One of my first cruises was on The Victoria in 1984. The ship had been built in 1936! Now THAT’S old!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first cruise was on Carnvial's Carnivale. Geesh that ages me. It was back in 1991 for my honeymoon. Looking back it was a like being on a battleship compared to the newer cruise ships out there[emoji5]

Sent from my LG-H873 using Forums mobile app

The one good thing that overly negative reviews are for is that they make me set my expectations SO low that when I actually sail on that ship, I think it’s wonderful! [emoji23]

It happened to us on the Holiday in 2008 as well. I remember driving to the port of Mobile expecting the absolute worst cruise ever. But we loved sailing on that little ol’ gal. And the crew and port personnel were some of the best we’ve ever experienced on any of our Carnival cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Remember, after a cruise the majority of people here don't post about how good of cruise they had, but the ones that had a bad time will post as if their lives depended on people knowing they were somehow wronged. The fact that we haven't heard anything negative about Dream from people here in a while is a good thing (Triumph is the current whipping boy). I'm looking forward to Dream coming to Galveston to do the shorter cruises. Planning to book for 2020.

I guess I am the rare one of the bunch. We sailed on the Dream back in 2011 and at the time it was the newest and biggest ship for Carnival and we were extremely disappointed. The layout was all wrong, the entertainment (this was 7 years ago) was not good, the food was not good and our big problem was that it was extremely crowded! It was evident that they only added more cabins to allow for more passengers, but the common areas were small in comparison for the amount of people that were onboard. I remember the cruise director telling us on the first night that they were overbooked, meaning that cabins were at max capacity.

That cruise was actually the turning point for us and we started cruising with other lines after that and haven't done a Carnival since. Next month I'm doing a short three nighter on the Liberty for a girls weekend, and although Carnival wasn't my choice, it was most economical for everyone to do. I will admit though, that some of the newer ships and reviews are making me consider another Carnival cruise

The Dream is a wonderful ship! Nothing to be scared about. She is almost identical to the Breeze and the Magic - a few decorations are different and few extra things on the Breeze but basically they are the same. I've sailed on all three and I would not hesitate to sail on any of the three again tomorrow!

And the Guest Services manager on the Dream is a personal friend. I promise you, if you have issues on your cruise, she will move heaven and earth to make things right for you! I've watched her in action and she is absolutely a DREAM!!

I sailed on the Dream in 2012 and 2014 and have no complaints. In 2014 we actually missed 3 (coz, bel, roa) of 4 ports and got rained on in Costa Maya. Talk about an insane cruise! No complaints about ship or crew. Have also sailed Magic and Breeze a couple times and for my personal preferences I would rank them Breeze, Dream, Magic. Thats sailing either with or without my kids.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
My first cruise was on Carnvial's Carnivale. Geesh that ages me. It was back in 1991 for my honeymoon. Looking back it was a like being on a battleship compared to the newer cruise ships out there[emoji5]

Sent from my LG-H873 using Forums mobile app

It was our honeymoon cruise ship back in 86. They are completely different now.