Cruise the Vineyards' Program.

glittergal1

hello we are new to carnival and are looking at options for pre purchasing drinks we have come to the conclusion that the cheers package for Both of Us would not be cost effective so after further research I came across this Cruise the Vineyards' Program. however on the carnival website it doesnt say how many bottles you can purchase in a package or how much the cost would be can anyone shed any light on this please I would be looking at the Basic package wines ?

We sail Carnival Fascination if that makes any difference?

It depends on how long your cruise is. Typically we get the 5 bottle package. There should be a link to the pricing if you search for it.

When I searched I came across the info for the package but no prices or bottle numbers so if anyone can paste the link i will be very grateful

Hi

Here is a link that gives some prices. It's not a Carnival site, so the information might not be current. http://www.***********/info/carnival-cruise-lines/wine-packages.php ****I see this site won't allow the link. It was on the internet when I did a search for Carnival cruise the vineyards cost.***

You could always try calling and asking.

hope this helps

Hi

Here is a link that gives some prices. It's not a Carnival site, so the information might not be current. http://www.***********/info/carnival-cruise-lines/wine-packages.php ****I see this site won't allow the link. It was on the internet when I did a search for Carnival cruise the vineyards cost.***

You could always try calling and asking.

hope this helps

Hello thanks I did find a link to yes another website but not sure how old it was , We are in the UK and I think the number to call is a US number unless there is a UK number somewhere I cant find it

Check the FAQ section, that may be where I first saw it a few years ago when they introduced the package. I want to say we paid about $131 with tax included pre-order before cruise. I think when you get on board I have seen where they are selling the packages in front of the MDR and on lido deck, it it had lower price for package but that is before tax is added.

You get 5 bottles for a 7 night cruise (if you bring your 2 onboard then you will have 7) of your choice off the list. I think there are 3 levels of wines you can purchase (good, better, best) and the packages go up according to the level you choose. You will get vouchers (sometimes we get them in our cabin with our pre-ordered items) and sometimes we have to ask our head waiter for the vouchers in the MDR. You can also order your bottles in MDR for dinner or after dinner, sometimes we order a bottle for the cabin when we order dessert. You can use 1 voucher for 1 bottle or use a couple or all and they will bring them to you. You can also order from room service, they will send someone up to take the voucher(s) and ask what kind of wine you want, then go to the bar and bring it(them) back to your cabin.

We have also ordered from a bar, go to a quieter bar like the steak house bar and order your bottle(s). We have done this program many times and it works well for us as we are not cheers level drinkers, prefer wine in most cases and if you purchase beer or other drinks during the cruise, the wine package will supplement the bar bill nicely. We bring our insulated larger cups for walking around the ship for our wine but mostly drink it at dinner or on our balcony in the cabin.

There was a post of a review of Pride this year and they had had the Cruise the Vineyards package. I think he/she said that it was 135$ for 5 bottles but you had to ask the waiters for it, it wasn't on the wine list

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We always purchase on boarding day. We look at what is offered in each level and choose the one that has the ones we prefer. This past trip the wine steward told us he can always spot Canadians as we make a point of buying our wine packages ASAP on boarding.:'):'):')

I have just called and booked it for my 7 day cruise on Pride. It was 5 bottles priced as below;

Basic 131$

Premium: 191$

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thank you that gives me a good idea, so with the 2 bottles we are allowed to embark with one bottle a night :D

• 1 year later...
49 minutes ago, CHOPPERTESTER said:

The website states three packages but only has basic and premium wine lists but where is the deluxe wine list? ie between basic and premium.

Also, if I am on a 16 day cruise can I purchase more than one package of 5 bottles?

They used to have three levels of packages but now have only two.

16 hours ago, cathyz said:

We always buy a wine package, usually premium 5 bottle, on embarkation day.  They have a couple tables around to buy them, maybe the atrium and the lido? You can see the current bottle list that way.

On the Valor last month, there was only a table on the Lido deck, with no one there to actually sell you a package.

However, your MDR waiter can show the list of which wines are in which package and sell you a package any night at dinner.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:08 AM, ilovethesparkles said:

You can buy more than 1 package BTW

I just called and asked that question as my cruise is nearly 3 weeks long and that 5 bottles will leave us pretty dry.  

Anyway, you are allowed to buy up to TWO 5 bottle packages, regardless of the length of the sailing.  You are also allowed to only bring on 2 bottles on embarkation with a corkage of $15 per bottle if consumed in the MDR.  The rules indicate that the wine you purchase must be consumed either in the MDR or your stateroom.  Guess they don't want you taking the bottle to a bar or lounge.  That was my take on it anyway.    

I didn't check on the pricing of the regular package (because none of those wines appealed to me) but the 5 bottle premium package (including tax) is $168.  The premium package had some decent wines in it  ... ones I like anyway.  

You are also able to purchase these prior to your cruise or once onboard.  

Any bottles of wine that you would like to purchase beyond your package limit, they will have to be purchased at the going rate ... so, no savings on anything over 10 bottles.  

OOOOPS:  Ilovethesparkes ... I read that as a question but I can see it was an answer.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...