More fake service dog nonsense

I am not very computer savvy but perhaps someone could start a poll to determine what percentage of folks care about seeing photos of John's dog.

For the record I think John and I are on the opposite side of this discussion but I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with seeing pictures of his cute little dog! Keep them coming John!

That said if you don't want to see pictures do this:

1. Go to top right corner and click on your username and pick EDIT OPTIONS

2. On the next screen scroll about 1/2 way down the page until you see SHOW SIGNATURES, SHOW AVATARS, SHOW IMAGES.

3. Once there simply click the little box to the left of anything you want to turn off.

4. The last step (and most important) is to then go all the way to the bottom and click SAVE CHANGES.

For those that want to know,

SIGNATURES - the the tags at the bottom of people's posts.

AVATARS - are the pictures to the top/left of every message.

IMAGES - are the pictures inside of threads [NOTE: if you turn these off they will only show up as links]

One other helpful edit on the OPTIONS page is: Number of Posts to Show Per Page. I like to set mine to 40. It will cut down on the number of pages in LONG threads like this one!

I work in IT, so this stuff comes natural! :)

Edited by PopeyeDaSailor

1. Some people enjoy being with their pets - I get it.

2. Some people don't like sharing their vacation with a dog - I get it.

But which one is right?

It's quite easy as your first is not allowed on a cruiseship.....

My dogs have vests and ID cards. Does that mean I can take them on a cruise? No, mine are therapy dogs that have been trained and certified so I take them to hospitals, schools and nursing homes. They don't do a job for me so I am not entitled to take them wherever I want. I have nothing to lose by asking people what "service" their animal performs. It usually makes them uncomfortable if it's not a true service animal.

I was on a Royal cruise and at sail away this guy was on deck walking around with his little dog in his arms. Everyone saw it (first time for everyone seeing a dog on a cruise) and asked why is he there. The guy said he needed a comfort dog for his anxiety...he had a doctors "note". The whole time his wife was behind him shaking her head. I walked up to her and asked her point blank...does he really have an 'anxiety" disorder. She said NO. He just loves the dog and would miss it. People with no shame can be shamed.

It's quite easy as your first is not allowed on a cruiseship.....

If that is true, then why was this thread started?

BTW, have you ever cruised on the Queen Mary 2?

There are many traditions that Cunard likes to maintain and some things are unique to Cunard like offering a regular transatlantic service. However did you know that you can even travel with your cat or dog when you take a Transatlantic Crossing on Queen Mary 2? It’s a unique service that has been enjoyed by numerous guests for many years on Queen Elizabeth 2 and now Queen Mary 2. In fact by the time Queen Mary 2 had completed her 100th Transatlantic Crossing in 2008, over 450 pets had crossed the North Atlantic on the liner.

http://www.cunard.com/cunard-experience/articles/its-a-dogs-life-queen-mary-2/

It's certainly been my experience, and probably the experience of others here on CC. For example, just today you have posted 6 photos of your dog here on a cruise chat website. You've posted hundreds of photos of your dog here over the years. (Who else does that?:confused:)

While I enjoy reading many of your posts about your cruises and your cruise experiences, I really have no interest in seeing your dog's photos posted on multiple threads here on Cruise Critic. I suspect there are others who may feel the same.

Maybe there is a chat board about tiny dogs somewhere where you could share your doggie pics to a more receptive audience?;)

Judy

I think John's Bella pictures add to the value of this thread and clearly help demonstrate the point he was trying to make.

I recently posted 28 photographs of dogs and eight videos on one thread. There are 1800 views and no complaints about the dogs.

Edited by Cuizer2

I really don't bring her out until a thread goes off the rails or questions my sanity

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So, does a thread go off the rails and then question your sanity, or does the thread go off the rails because it questioned your sanity?

Edited by Cuizer2

For the record I think John and I are on the opposite side of this discussion but I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with seeing pictures of his cute little dog! Keep them coming John!

Except for discussing my mental condition, we're pretty much on same page.

Pets don't belong on a cruise ship, restaurants, or grocery stores. [emoji6]

And truthfully, I've never had a bad experience with a dog on a cruise ship.

I have however, had issues with rude adults and misbehaving children

I think John's Bella pictures add to the value of this thread and clearly help demonstrate the point he was trying to make.

I recently posted 28 photographs of dogs and eight videos on one thread. There are 1800 views and no complaints about the dogs.

Sled dogs on an Alakan cruise are expected. [emoji6]

Bell is sometimes called upon to calm a thread that is about to boil over.

Up until this thread, I had really tried to keep her off CC lately, for the most part...

So, does a thread go off the rails and then question your sanity, or does the thread go off the rails because it questioned your sanity?
This one is not off the rails yet.

Just hit a nerve when it was mentioned that people that have outfits for their dogs need mental help

JOHN has Bella. Biker has his horse and used to have popcorn. I used to have a problem with some of these pictures, but it wasn’t against Bella or the Horse, but the size of the photos. They were huge and would really mess up trying to read a thread once they were posted. CC fixed this and now the pictures are fine with me.

Would you like me to off rail the thread? Those are the best kind. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If that is true, then why was this thread started?

BTW, have you ever cruised on the Queen Mary 2?

There are many traditions that Cunard likes to maintain and some things are unique to Cunard like offering a regular transatlantic service. However did you know that you can even travel with your cat or dog when you take a Transatlantic Crossing on Queen Mary 2? It’s a unique service that has been enjoyed by numerous guests for many years on Queen Elizabeth 2 and now Queen Mary 2. In fact by the time Queen Mary 2 had completed her 100th Transatlantic Crossing in 2008, over 450 pets had crossed the North Atlantic on the liner.

http://www.cunard.com/cunard-experience/articles/its-a-dogs-life-queen-mary-2/

As we are now nitpicking (and apparently you seem to enjoy that), Queen Mary 2 is not a cruiseship*

Yes, we have been on her (infact we just left from her 2 days ago) and I am sure that you are aware, that the dogs and cats are not allowed anywhere else than deck 12( however we have seen people breaking that rule, too) .

* QM2 is a liner.

Seems to me it's only 4-5 people claiming this has something to do with seeking attention

Because most of us never post.

Welcome me to cc as it’s my first post.

It’s your kind of nonsense that keeps me off of cc. And why cruising has become annoying. Consider me one of the 99.9% silent majority who is sick of attention seeking dog owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about 100's

It's called sharing, some people like Bella, some people like pictures from my balcony, some like pictures of rocket launches. I try and give people things they like.

I get more positive replies on Bella than negative ones

I think it's time to give her avatar status so all can see

Who decides who is well adjusted?

Define "well adjusted"?

Well let's put it this way. Dogs are not known to need clothing like humans need clothing

So in my book...which is all that actually matters to me anyway...if you dress your dog in clothing...I am suspect of your emotional well being. I will not befriend you and I will more than likely walk right by you and your dog and purposely ignore you.

And by clothing I DONOT mean a dog sweater when walking them in cold weather. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It’s your kind of nonsense that keeps me off of cc. And why cruising has become annoying. Consider me one of the 99.9% silent majority who is sick of attention seeking dog owners.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, and please know you are not alone.

Judy

So many pseudo psychiatrists on CC.

Who knew.

FWIW, pets are a 60 billion dollar industry. Outfits and accessories are part of that total

Again..

Anyone who dresses up their dog and treats it like their child and insists on taking it places where it has no business being is not well adjusted. People who let their dog defecate at guest services and then walk away are not well adjusted. People who let their dogs eat from other pax plates and don't apologize for it are not well adjusted and are extremely self centered and selfish

All of the above were mentioned in this thread. Can you give me arguments that those above mentioned actions are ok? Are acceptable?

Good parents get babysitters when needed

Good parents put diapers on their babies

Good parents don't let their babies put their hands in other diners dinner plates

I think it's time to give her avatar status so all can see

Let’s don’t. There are lots of dog forums where John&LaLa can go share all the dog pictures they want. And I’m sure there are Balcony Forums where they can share Balcony pictures.

If we are casting votes I’ll cast mine for “attention seeking” and I’ll back that up with the fact that after being asked to stop “they” only did it more and argued it wasn’t annoying.

Believe it or not I know someone who was mortified when their neighbor called police animal control about an obviously rabid skunk who was running after its tail in circles in her backyard

The police told the homeowner to stay in her house and they were on the way over to shoot it

I was getting out of my car just as the police arrived and they told me to expect to hear gun shots but not to be alarmed

Thankfully they killed it and they agreed it showed all the symptoms of rabies

And yes...the other "mortified" neighbor was angry the police were called at all and was saying all they will do is shoot the skunk.

Now this was a rabid skunk we are talking about that was seen by many people in a heavy populated suburban neighborhood but one nut thought it was horrible the police shot it.

Fwiw I'm not comparing dogs to rabid skunks but I am saying that the love of animals in general can certainly cloud people's good judgement.

Massive applause for this. I - and I would imagine many more - totally agree with you:D:D but also won't comment because the CC big hitters will wade in and it's really not worth the hassle of disagreeing with them and their cronies/admirers

Unfortunately some people have such big egos that comments such as yours will always fall on stony ground :rolleyes:

massive applause for this. I - and i would imagine many more - totally agree with you:d:d but also won't comment because the cc big hitters will wade in and it's really not worth the hassle of disagreeing with them and their cronies/admirers

unfortunately some people have such big egos that comments such as yours will always fall on stony ground :rolleyes:

+1.

Wow!!! First post. Welcome to CC.

I think Bella has made it clear she ain’t coming on no cruise ship.

I'm late to this thread but... on our flight a few weeks ago to FLL for a Harmony OTS cruise there were 2 dogs on our flight.

Dog #1 One was an Emotional Support PitBull, as evidenced by its Official Yellow Emotional Support Vest. The owner (-- aka: "The Needer Of Emotional Support" --) gave the Emotional Support PitBull an Emotional Support Tranquilizer. This essentially rendered the dog Emotional Support CarryOn Luggage. (The dog was in an Emotional Support Daze for pretty much the whole flight.) So not really sure how much Emotional Support a comatose dog could provide, but... at least it didn't make an Emotional Support Mess or fuss. Or snore.

Dog #2 was Small LapDog. Small LapDog proceeded to bite the ear of the passenger seated in front of her. The LapDog's owner said "Oh, LapDog was just being friendly! Nothing to worry about!" The ear's owner was not pleased. My opinion, the cute girl from your calculus class nibbling on your ear under the grandstands after school is being friendly. A strange dog seated in 14D biting your ear at 30,000 feet? Yeah, not so much.

PS - The cruise was AWESOME!

As we are now nitpicking (and apparently you seem to enjoy that), Queen Mary 2 is not a cruiseship*

Yes, we have been on her (infact we just left from her 2 days ago) and I am sure that you are aware, that the dogs and cats are not allowed anywhere else than deck 12( however we have seen people breaking that rule, too) .

* QM2 is a liner.

The line between ocean liner and cruise ship is very blurry.