Back to Back same seapass card

I don’t hang out on CC as much as I have in the past, so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Just checked in today on AD and our seapass card lists today and the next sailing. (We are doing b2b.) We have sailed b2b out of SJU a good number of times previously and have never had the seapass show multiple weeks. So wasn’t sure if this was something new for all ships or if It has been that way on other ships/debarkation ports for awhile and just now catching up in SJU.

Are you in the same cabin both weeks? If not, then there is no way the SeaPass card can be the same as the card displays the last three digits of your cabin number. Also, depending on your location on the ship the second week, the muster station letter and number, also displayed on the card, may be different as well. So unless you have the same cabin, and were able to get the same dining room table both weeks (also displayed on the card), then I would assume you would get a new one the second week, which makes this confusing. I’ve never done a B2B, but this is the first time I’ve heard of this too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you in the same cabin both weeks? If not, then there is no way the SeaPass card can be the same as the card displays the last three digits of your cabin number. Also, depending on your location on the ship the second week, the muster station letter and number, also displayed on the card, may be different as well. So unless you have the same cabin, and were able to get the same dining room table both weeks (also displayed on the card), then I would assume you would get a new one the second week, which makes this confusing. I’ve never done a B2B, but this is the first time I’ve heard of this too!

Yes, same cabin and same dining table/seating.

I think that I have figured it out. On our January Serenade cruises (B3B) all sea pass cards listed two dates, the beginning date and the ending date of that cruise. Our previous sea pass cards only had the date that you sail. Royal must have made a change to the cards.

I have always had 1 seapass per leg. Last b2b. They actually collected the 1st card on turnaround day on independence which was unusual. Not sure if that has gone fleetwide or one of the many things ships do differently

On our January cruise on Serenade, they took the seapass card for the 1st leg. Said that we would get it back but we didn’t. On the 2nd leg, they said the same thing. A lot of people fussed about it so we did get it back from the Concierge. I like to keep my cards for proof of a cruise if there is ever a problem. We had taken a picture of the card for the first leg so we did have that.

We have not had them take the cards before that cruise.

I think that I have figured it out. On our January Serenade cruises (B3B) all sea pass cards listed two dates, the beginning date and the ending date of that cruise. Our previous sea pass cards only had the date that you sail. Royal must have made a change to the cards.

That may be the case then! We have always had a new one for each week and it only listed the sailing date. I didn’t even notice the second date yesterday. Mr Ski was the one that pointed it out and stated it was for both sailings. Now that you say that, it makes more sense that it would be the start and end date! I will have to burst his bubble telling him this news. He was so impressed to have the same card! He thought RC technology was finally catching up to this century.😀

That may be the case then! We have always had a new one for each week and it only listed the sailing date. I didn’t even notice the second date yesterday. Mr Ski was the one that pointed it out and stated it was for both sailings. Now that you say that, it makes more sense that it would be the start and end date! I will have to burst his bubble telling him this news. He was so impressed to have the same card! He thought RC technology was finally catching up to this century.😀

Glad that I could help. Check out seapass cards for other guests on the cruise that are not on a B2B and I bet theirs have 2 dates as well.

I concur with the previous statements. Some ships do it like that, others don’t. My 2015 Allure cruise had both the embarkation and disembarkation dates on the card. The cards I’ve received on ever other cruise has had only the embarkation date, with the exception of Harmony, which had only the disembarkation date. My understanding is that Symphony’s new card format displays both dates. That’s probably the case for your card then! More than likely, you’ll get a new one at the beginning of the second leg.

The only times we’ve done a B2B where we had the same card (and of course the same room), was on Holland America many years ago. It was sold as a Voyage but it was actually a B2B with a turnaround day in Ft. Lauderdale. It was priced a couple hundred of dollars less than booking each leg individually. Another nice thing you only settled up your account on the last day of the second leg.

I read a couple days ago on the Princess Boards that the same card is used when doing a B2B and they didn't get a new card for the 2nd sailing.

On Princess one can book B2B cruises as a single cruise so that is why the above can occur.

I have always had 1 seapass per leg. Last b2b. They actually collected the 1st card on turnaround day on independence which was unusual. Not sure if that has gone fleetwide or one of the many things ships do differently

We recently did a B2B2B on Brilliance. At the end of the first two cruises, an RCI rep came to the meeting place for consecutive cruisers and collected all our sea passes, used them to check us off the ship, and returned them to us along with our new sea passes. Then she led us to Immigration as a group (without stopping to individually click out). I think they did this so they could eliminate a group of people while they were working toward zero occupancy, which they needed before we could come back on the ship. The whole process was very easy and smooth.

Margy