Just booked Brilliance

Ive been on the Vision and enjoyed the smaller ship for a change. Just got a great deal on the Brilliance out of Tampa and wondering how it compares to the Vision?

Similar centrum oriented design to Vision, Vision actually has a larger main pool area than Brilliance because there is no kiddie pool area on Vision. I like the Solarium on Vision because the visibility outside is better.

Edited by Host Clarea

We love the smaller class ships as well. Brilliance is in Radiance class overall a bit larger but not huge or hulky. I find the Radiance class ships are so thoughtfully laid out that they make the trip even more enjoyable. Access to various areas is always simple -- very little need to go up a deck walk a ways and then go back down like on some of the larger ships. The central atrium area is lovely and makes getting around easy. I particularly like the bar at the back of the ship -- such a lovely view.

Another thing we like better about Vision is the larger centrum. Brilliance has the elevator bank on the port side of the centrum and this makes the centrum smaller.

It was nice to read good comments on Brilliance. We have been away from Royal for a number of years and just booked a May, 2019 trans Atlantic on Brilliance. We have cruised Celebrity mostly with one on Viking and another on Oceania. What differences / similarities should I expect between Brilliance and Celebrity? I am just starting to do my planning.

Thanks

The only thing I don't like about the Radiance class ships is the enclosed solarium. Yes, they SAY it has a retractable roof, but it's seldom, if ever, opened, which means you can't tan in there! It's humid, like a greenhouse. I prefer an "adult only" space where I can sun and read without the "hubbub" of the main pool area.

Similar centrum oriented design to Vision, Vision actually has a larger mail pool area than Brilliance because there is no kiddie pool area on Vision. I like the Solarium on Vision because the visibility outside is better.

"mail pool"....do they allow "Fe-mails"? :confused:

Sorry Bob...I will go hang my head in the corner now. Bad Girl...bad Island Lady. ;) :eek:

Ive been on the Vision and enjoyed the smaller ship for a change. Just got a great deal on the Brilliance out of Tampa and wondering how it compares to the Vision?

Love...love...love the Brilliance. :hearteyes::hearteyes: And that is even with breaking my foot the very first night the last time we were on board from Tampa. :eek::o

Also love her three sisters...best series in the fleet for me. Vision class is second, really enjoy the smaller ships.

Also love her three sisters...best series in the fleet for me.

As someone who has only been on what I like to call "ships missing a promenade" for 4 nights (and that was literally just b/c we had 76 pts at the time so we took the cheapest 4-pointer out of PC we could find to reach Diamond), sell me on Radiance!

I'm not actually concerned about it, we're doing Alaska for Alaska and as long as I have unlimited food and a DL, I'll be happy, just figured I'd ask what you like about that class so much. I don't need a lot of the stuff on Oasis class, I enjoyed Mariner and Freedom just as much, but I do like the openness of the Promenade.

Sorry Bob...I will go hang my head in the corner now. Bad Girl...bad Island Lady. ;) :eek:

Thanks for the catch, I fixed my post.:)

As long as that corner is 1100/9256/8168

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Since we live about half way between Port Canaveral and Tampa, we try to cruise on ships out of those ports and avoid going to Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

When Jewel was in Tampa, it was our favorite ship; now Brilliance is. We enjoy the larger ships (have been on one Oasis cruise this year and have three more booked), but there's something special about Radiance class. The Centrum is part of it and the designing the elevators so open to the sea is another part, but I think most of all we are impressed by the quality and morale of the crew.

We did a B2B2B on Brilliance in March, and it was one of our best cruising experiences.

Margy

As someone who has only been on what I like to call "ships missing a promenade" for 4 nights (and that was literally just b/c we had 76 pts at the time so we took the cheapest 4-pointer out of PC we could find to reach Diamond), sell me on Radiance!

I'm not actually concerned about it, we're doing Alaska for Alaska and as long as I have unlimited food and a DL, I'll be happy, just figured I'd ask what you like about that class so much. I don't need a lot of the stuff on Oasis class, I enjoyed Mariner and Freedom just as much, but I do like the openness of the Promenade.

I like the Radiance series as being not too big...not too small. Lots of open windows to "see the sea". Love the open air dining area off the back of the Windjammer buffet also.

That series just seems so much more of what I consider the elegance of cruising.

We booked the Brilliance for April 2019. We have 9656 and my friend has 1100. We are looking forward to it!

Ahh...excellent! And you will know who they if they stomp on the ceiling too much and wake you up! ;)

Since we live about half way between Port Canaveral and Tampa, we try to cruise on ships out of those ports and avoid going to Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

When Jewel was in Tampa, it was our favorite ship; now Brilliance is. We enjoy the larger ships (have been on one Oasis cruise this year and have three more booked), but there's something special about Radiance class. The Centrum is part of it and the designing the elevators so open to the sea is another part, but I think most of all we are impressed by the quality and morale of the crew.

We did a B2B2B on Brilliance in March, and it was one of our best cruising experiences.

Margy

Agree...I live just 20 minutes from Port Canaveral, but find us going over to Tampa more often now just to board a smaller ship. Oasis is too big for us really, but so much more convenient on location.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Cocoa Beach I it's so worth the drive over to Tampa for the Radiance class ships!! Now I've yet to do the Oasis class but we LOVE the outside area on deck 5 where you can walk around the ship. I don't like they don't have that on Oasis. Being under the stars at night is so awesome. . I love that you can be in the Schooner Bar, Chops, The Colony club, pretty much anywhere you can see the Ocean! My husband is a nasty smoker so it's so easy for him to step outside on Deck 5 for a quick cigarette no matter what lounge we are in.